When are you taking your bikes out? | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

Unless there is still snow on the ground or it's still ball shrinking cold out, anywhere between mid/late March and April 1st. I want to avoid having to buy a bus pass for April

Gotta bring it in for some TLC first though as I've been putting it off for a while and I just learned I probably need to have my rear brake caliper cleaned and rebuilt.

If you are starting really early in the season, be careful of residual sand on the road from wintertime salt/sanding. It takes several good rains to wash away.

Unless there is still snow on the ground or it's still ball shrinking cold out, anywhere between mid/late March and April 1st. I want to avoid having to buy a bus pass for April

Gotta bring it in for some TLC first though as I've been putting it off for a while and I just learned I probably need to have my rear brake caliper cleaned and rebuilt.

Brakes are important?

About the start of March if the weather is a winter wonder land still.

Brakes are important?

They are partially important, I may be suicidal but I would rather my death not involve other people or vehicles so stopping when I need to stop is important.

Also considering my rear brake is having issues releasing my rear wheel so rolling or riding it makes a bit of a grindy noise and is likely impairing my forward momentum it's also important I get that looked at.

If you are starting really early in the season, be careful of residual sand on the road from wintertime salt/sanding. It takes several good rains to wash away.

Last year wasn't too bad for that, the fun part though was getting stuck behind one of those trucks that spay some sort of antifreeze on the ground behind and to either side of them.

Last edited:
Middle of March we generally see the first signs of hope, but still lots of snow/sand/salt everywhere. Realistically, first or second week of April.

The first day it's 5 or higher after rain...

.........oh god I miss riding. :angry7:

As soon as the roads are dry and the air is +5C or higher.

First ride of the year was Feb. 22 last year. I doubt I'm going to beat that this year.

I've been there too.

At 12:01 AM, I took off and did a 401 > 427 > Gardiner > DVP loop at 4degrees lol
Damn I reread my post I meant to say I have to wait till April to get the 5 year driving experience plus age 21 discount. But same thing anyways.

Most likely gonna do the same thing haha, most of my riding is done in shite weather anyways

It will snow in April, always does.

Welcome to Canada
No. Every year snow falls in April, its a "new thing" and everybody is shocked cause they switched to their summer wheels and didnt expect this to happen.

Welcome to the GTA.

As to answer OP, ill be riding the first weekend i can go up to Sudbury and come back on my new ride with my 2 other buddies :)

Some time in May, AFTER several good rains to wash all the crap off the roads. Plus my ride to work starts at 5:30 am and is 45 - 60 minutes at highway speeds so just too damn cold till May.

But I look forward to reading the posts of the newbies, who go down on sand slat etc in April then post about it here on GTAM or those who complain cagers aren't watching for them in Mar/Apr

The downtown core is fine starting in late March.

And by fine I mean it takes 20 minutes to cover the 1.5 kilometer between my office and my condo.

But the streets are dry.

Back
Top Bottom