Neighbour of the year | GTAMotorcycle.com

Neighbour of the year

The problem with the video is that it starts when the pot has already boiled over. Was there any attempt to discuss the situation calmly first?

Did the neighbour have a need for the space where the snow was blown or was the snow likely to cause a problem.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday as I blew snow from my driveway onto a neighbour's lawn. Clearing snow is a big problem if your property doesn't have a spot to put it.

Got a buddy in Stoney Creek, neighbour of his a couple of houses down from him, put a sign on his lawn facing his direct neighbour warning to not shovel any snow onto his lawn. Apparently they had had a couple of these types of altercations already

Can't we all just get along

Last edited:
Looking at the walkway, it does look like the neighbour also blew a fair bit of snow on Gary's walkway that had up until then been neatly cleared of snow. That is ignorant.

Second, does Gary have a snowblower himself, or does he shovel by hand? If he does it by hand, then he has to hoist the snow on top of snow already piled there from previous snowfalls. If the neighbour is going to make big piles of snow on Gary's side of the property line, where is Gary supposed to pile snow the next time he has to clear his walkway, and how much more work has the neighbour now created for Gary?

On the other hand, the neighbour has a snowblower, and that gives the neighbour more options where to place snow, and the machine will do most of the work for him.

Finally, the neighbour was deliberately goading his neighbour. The simple fact that he had a camera going to film the encounter and that he later posted the thing up on youtube shows a high degree of maliciousness. This suggests that there is previous history between the two neighbours.

I think the neighbour doing the filming is an ignorant ********* who should be buried under that snow pile for a hour or two.

Entertaining but I'm betting the guy taking the video is just a prick. I have a pretty good arrangement with my neighbours, where I dump some of my snow on their back lawn but clear the engire common driveway. The snow in the common approach gets distributed evenly on both front lawns. It looks like the uploader did this on purpose knowing his neighbour was gonna get upset because he's already done it a few times.

Luckily neither of my neighbours have a driveway right next to mine. We all have lots of room to throw snow and no one cares who is dumping it on who's lawn.

If a neighbour were to clear there snow and dump it on my already cleared driveway that would be pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching, I think the same as others have stated. The guy with the camera is probably the prick in this situation, and he gets off watching Gary lose his cool.

Although I never really had issues with any of my neighbours, I'm still glad that I moved out of the city.

I would never blow my snow into any neighbor's lawn, that is just damn disrespectful and inconsiderate. When I use my snow blower to do my neighbor sidewalk then it is another story but that is his own snow I am removing as a favor.

I had an issue 2 weeks ago where the (3rd party company) maintained driveways are plowed by a truck and/or snowblowers. The last 2 years they have been using the pickup truck to push snow across the road onto our boulevards. I shovel by hand. I keep my driveway clear all the time. I don't drive over the snow until I shovel it. My driveway is pretty much the only one you can see black on on the whole street after a bad week of snowing.

I came home from work one night and there is a giant snow boulder on my driveway and the boulevard is piled like 6 feet high. The corners are all smashed up and my driveway is about 3' narrower than it was when I went to work.

I call the property management company and page the 'emergency manager hotline' - they answer and I tell them what happened, that I want the end of my driveway cleaned, and that I don't want to see them plowing snow across the road from the neighbour's houses they maintain onto my lawn, and my neighbour's lawn, ever again either.

****in' 3 days go by afterwards and my house gets egged. Still debating on how to go forward in this situation.

I don't get the drama. Even if the neighbour was being a ******, he was doing it because he was trying to help. Many people would have been fine with his snow clearing, and he was certainly much more willing to talk about it than Gary. So all Gary had to do was say "I'd rather you didn't put any snow there". But more likely he, like most people, assumed everyone else is a childish idiot "sociopath" who needs to be yelled at for so much as touching his little bubble of a world (aka property). So that's how he treats everyone, and everybody gets their backs up, and and then he probably retreats into his man castle shaking his head wondering why everyone else is such a childish idiot sociopath.

Last edited:
^^^roofing nails

Yeah, but where?? Keep in mind that the people across the street are all 55+ seniors that have nothing to do with it. I am unfortunately in it with some moron employee of the property maintenance company, which is not the same company that owns the real estate! :(

Hoping I at least caused the punk to get fired when I complained about the snow...

I don't know where this video came from but every jurisdiction I have lived in the property owner is responsible for water runoff... which includes snow. Just ask anyone that plows snow.

Gary might be overly excited, but he's right.
Me? I'd clean off all the snow on my property... onto the neighbour's roof, or maybe bury his front steps

I don't really mind about snow being blown onto my lawn as it all has to go somewhere and in the end it mostly evens out. One year at another house a few years ago a neighbour cleared his parking lot and blew snow onto my property through a chain link fence. I didn't think too much about it until my dog used the snow mounds as a ramp and escaped for a jolly for a few hours. I talked to the neighbour and mentioned about the dog and he apologised and moved the snow elsewhere. Most people are reasonable if you explain things in a polite manner.

I'd have to agree with Gary here. People's property are theirs & should be respected

At the property maintenance company's yard, duhhhh

hahaha, fair enough. I guess that could work. I was hoping to target just the one individual, but without them striking again and getting caught on camera, that's about all I can do.

Should I sprinkle them behind the vehicles during the day, or just show up at night with a box of nails and an exacto knife and just go hog wild on the entrance?? :)

Caltrops ftw :cool:
220px-Caltrop.jpg

I would never blow my snow into any neighbor's lawn, that is just damn disrespectful and inconsiderate. When I use my snow blower to do my neighbor sidewalk then it is another story but that is his own snow I am removing as a favor.

Why do you think it's inconsiderate and disrespectful?

I'll blow whatever way the wind is blowing. Sometimes I blow onto my own front lawn, sometimes my neighbours. My whole neighbourhood is covered in snow from 2' to 6' deep. I don't see how it matters if its a little higher or lower in some spots. We all do each other's sidewalks and plow ins depending on who gets home first. I guess I'm lucky that none of them are jerkoff morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha, fair enough. I guess that could work. I was hoping to target just the one individual, but without them striking again and getting caught on camera, that's about all I can do.

Should I sprinkle them behind the vehicles during the day, or just show up at night with a box of nails and an exacto knife and just go hog wild on the entrance?? :)

Bro, do you even revenge?

Back
Top Bottom