Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas

Re: Iron butt ride June 21st is ALIVE

Sounds good, glad you managed to keep this going.

do you have to travel clock-wise following the map. wouldn't that just create a back log on the road as you play follow the leader.

Great news. Now if I can just book off work and excuse myself from any Father's Day concerns I should be able to go for a nice little ride.

Iron butt ride - Cannonball 500 June 21st 2015 - Continues to roar!

Everyone must ride clockwise in order to complete the event. Since people are leaving from multiple entry points this will ensure continuous flow.

Its great to have the event back on again. Any other questions please post them.

Re: NEW NAME: CANNONBALL 500 JUNE 21st 2015

Lesson learned. It doesn't sound like "Cannonball" name has ever been associated with organized road trip.

Looks good! I have a question regarding the starting points that are outlined on the map. It says that the start of the course is at 7am-8am.. Does that mean that the starting location is ready for us at 7am sharp or is that something that we are going to find out when we get to our start location?

Looks good! I have a question regarding the starting points that are outlined on the map. It says that the start of the course is at 7am-8am.. Does that mean that the starting location is ready for us at 7am sharp or is that something that we are going to find out when we get to our start location?

I believe they start at 7, end at 8. That way the volunteers can start at eight and do the ride as well.

Iceman - You are correct - Too avoid back up of any kind since everyone is on their own - you leave any of the starting locations between 7 am and 8 am.
All of the details for the Iron Butt Documents are located here: http://www.cannonball500.ca/iron-butt-docs.php for those wishing to send away for the certificate.

Cannonball500-Media-1.jpg

New Poster downloads here: http://www.cannonball500.ca/Media.php

Re: Cannonball 500 Continues to Grow!

Cannonball 500 now is also running out in Alberta - quick update if you know anyone out west - the ride is also on the same day - check out the website - he we grow!
www.Cannonball500.ca Ontario and Alberta now.

Manitoba is in the works. Route chosen filling in dealers now. Also put together a great ride for anyone from the ottawa area. If interested in being the coordinator for the ottawa run drop me an email from the cannonball 500 website. We can run this on the same day or another weekend. Dealers want in from everywhere!

Please remember to run in small groups. Larger groups will get held back at fuel stops amongst other things. Quite a few couples will be doing this two up. How many of you will be bringing your wifes along with you?

Cheers,

Sounds like fun, but I'm not seasoned enough to make it through this whole trip, goodluck to all.

Question -- Is there a specific time period to enter this event, or can you in theory enter it at any point between 8am and 8pm? I'm no where near the start locations, but might be tempted if I can still start at say 9-10am, and just skip lunch/not make any longer stops.

Cannonball 500 Update:

http://www.cannonball500.ca/ontario-ride.php

NOTICE: Because of the concerns with cottage traffic on Highway 400 between Orillia and Barrie between 3.30 and 6.30 pm - I am changing the rules and you can now ride the loop in either direction . This will mean extra caution will have to be taken. The ride was designed in a clockwise direction - as such now you will be crossing over traffic lanes to get into dealerships should you choose on your own to go in a counter clockwise direction.

The only cities this really impacts are Collingwood, Angus, Barrie and Orillia in my opinion. The question that has been brought forth is you will be caught in the traffic coming back around and down into the loop possibly as cottagers are going home. Remember you are in control - It is your choice. You must still stop at all 10 locations in order to qualify to earn the rights to purchase the Cannonball 500 Patch and have completed the 800 km loop in the 12 hour timeline.

Just saw this post, STOKED!!! Can't wait for this! I'll read through the website BEFORE I post any questions here. This is my kind of ride!

Question! For the route, obviously we have to hit the check points but can riders take any route they want in between? Also, is there any sign up paperwork or is it a show up and ride sort of thing?

Last edited:

You should follow the route as noted otherwise trust me you may not make the timeline. This is just a fun ride and you are obviously not being watched as to which route you are taking etc. however the pure joy of this ride is seeing some of the nicest roads this area has to offer. You must stop at all 10 dealer stops. I have asked the dealers or starting points to check each rider in with their license plate and the time they arrived - nothing more and then the same upon their return. I have no guarantees that the dealers will be there either way. If they choose not to be there then next ride ( Fall color Ride ) I will look for alternatives for starting points. If no one is there when you arrive between 7 am and 8 am - and the same upon your return - find a fellow rider to witness you.

Countdown is on... my new ride is in :)

KTM-1290-SuperAdventure-BackEnd.jpg Another one: http://www.ktm1290adventure.com/res...ture-RightSide.jpg.opt940x999o0,0s940x999.jpg

CHeers

Last edited:

Nice bike! Congrats! Enjoy!

Question -- Is there a specific time period to enter this event, or can you in theory enter it at any point between 8am and 8pm? I'm no where near the start locations, but might be tempted if I can still start at say 9-10am, and just skip lunch/not make any longer stops.

So I emailed and got a response -- All riders must start between 7-8am. Too early for me, given the distance I need to cover to make a starting point. If I could have started an hour or two later, then made up the time over the duration (eg. less or quicker stops, 5 min lunch, etc), I might have been up for this.

Back
Top Bottom