Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas

I will be doing this, likely leaving from Barrie if anyone wants to ride together. Looks like myself and "fr33on2wh33ls" so far. :)

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

NEW NAME: CANNONBALL 500 JUNE 21st 2015

Well it is not surprising that as the weather turns people are over the top with excitement over the event. Picked up factory recreation in midland last week as a starting point. Donnie was very supportive, in fact look for a flock of spyders amongst his other brands doing the CANNONBALL 500.

What i am finding is dealers like HB Cycle, Lindsay Cycle, longley hd, cameron cycle and everyone i stop in to see all were looking for something just like this for their customers. Everyone of us share the same passion for that one twisty road, you know the one you never forget about. This ride will give you that moment time and time again. Each of these dealers are putting up posters, sending out newsletters because unlike other events there is a challenge,not just a destination.

I now have a new logo, new posters will be added next week to the website. If anyone could print these off and post them at your workplace or talk it up at bike nights etc. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey Purdyman, a huge thank you from all of us! Planning an event like this can be a ton of work, I want you to know how much it is appreciated.
The real satisfaction will be on June 21. I can't wait to see the turnout, seems to be a ton of interest.
Jeremy
#purdyman for president

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Well it is not surprising that as the weather turns people are over the top with excitement over the event. Picked up factory recreation in midland last week as a starting point. Donnie was very supportive, in fact look for a flock of spyders amongst his other brands doing the bikefest 500.

What i am finding is dealers like HB Cycle, Lindsay Cycle, longley hd, cameron cycle and everyone i stop in to see all were looking for something just like this for their customers. Everyone of us share the same passion for that one twisty road, you know the one you never forget about. This ride will give you that moment time and time again. Each of these dealers are putting up posters, sending out newsletters because unlike other events there is a challenge,not just a destination.

I now have a new logo, new posters will be added next week to the website. If anyone could print these off and post them at your workplace or talk it up at bike nights etc. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Lindsay cycle may have just tipped the scales for me - would allow me to crash at my cottage, then leisurely find my way home on Monday. Will keep an eye on things.

Just checked the calender and that's father's day..kinda makes it tuff.

Funny, it went like this at my house.
Me: Does anybody know what dad really wants for Father's Day?
Family: What do you really want for Father's Day?
Me: Funny you should ask...
Voila! I'm open for bikefest 500!

Funny, it went like this at my house.
Me: Does anybody know what dad really wants for Father's Day?
Family: What do you really want for Father's Day?
Me: Funny you should ask...
Voila! I'm open for bikefest 500!

Similar mindset here - father's day - I want a day off. Done.

I have been receiving comments about time, stops, and highway time. If you were to take the 10 stops count on 3 to 5 minutes each, ( most dealers are closed ) then you will lose 1/2 to 3/4 tops. I suspect less however work with me on this. Now consider the actual run, lets go from orillia. From here you have highway to barrie. Then you have concession road by design down to angus, same for road to collingwood. Two lane to stayner, then two lane to midland and waubashene. Then highway and two lane to bracebridge. From bracebridge all the way around to bancroft wide open. Sure algonquin might slow down but then there will not be many on the roads laying ahead almost all the way back to orillia. I really believe if you don't dilly dally grab food and fuel and stay at it, you will see you too can also do it. Now lets talk about time. Lets say you ran 10 to 15 over, nothing crazy do the math. You can easily pick up all the time required without being overly aggressive.

I do hope everyone sees my point. If it was too easy, what sense would it be to calling it an iron butt ride. It is not a sunday stroll to tim hortons.

It truly is going viral now. I met up with dealers from chatham, cambridge and all are putting up posters and letting their customers know by newsletter. This is definitely the one ride everyone wants to do.

Cheers

Last edited:
Looks like a good run. Thanks for setting it up. My klr might be making this an extra sore iron butt for me, definite maybe .... anyone else heading out from Stayner?

Looks like a good run. Thanks for setting it up. My klr might be making this an extra sore iron butt for me, definite maybe .... anyone else heading out from Stayner?

Angus here. Probably do the Barrie start point. I think there's a few of us. If you're interested, we could meet up and run it together.
Jeremy

Last edited:

Great news, barrie harley davidson is opening its doors at 6.30 am on the sunday. They will keep the dealership open all day right through until 8.30 on the sunday night. They are very excited and hope to see this event carry forward and build. I took the time on this thursday past to blast around to orillia, barrie, angus, collingwood, stayner, midland, wabaushene, bracebride, and haliburton handing out the new posters 12 x 19 and cards to give out to those interested. I also wanted to check out the roads. The times between were easy, granted time of year but it was also coming to a long weekend. Regardless it was well within googles times. I blasted up to bracebridge, tons of highway here! One can easily make tracks and pick up time. Even with the heightened police presence i had no problem running 17 over on the 4 laner.

Places like "the cove" where just as excited about putting up a poster. FR Recreation believes a lot of there 160 spyder riders will be doing it. So it continues to build... bracebridge yamaha was pleased to put up new posters and is gearing up. What did surprise me was rpm haliburton, they do not sell bikes but while there a person who just bought a new sled saw the poster, turned out they also rode (imagine that ) anyhow they snagged a bunch of cards to pass out to their friends. Everyone no matter where i go is welcoming the event.

Please pass around flyers to your fellow dealerships and lets keep it growing. Cheers

Last edited:

Long Story Short - I had to change the name because of a conflict with another event. There were people who thought we were connected, as such there was a confusion and what was considered unacceptable by them. Rightly so -
So we sorted it out and I changed the name to keep honor and respect for all involved.

New NAME is : CANNONBALL500.com and CANNONBALL500.ca

Cheers - Purdyman

Last edited:
Re: Iron butt ride NOW CANCELLED

:) :)

Yes! A.K.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the Cannonball500!

Ride safe Purdyman, thanks again for your efforts.

Last edited:

I appreciate all of the kind words and support I received from so many people for this event. I am no longer moving forward with the event I worked so hard in putting together and to be honest I have lost my right to freedom, expression and above the right to make a choice. I hope everyone enjoys their summer - Ride Safe - Watch out for that little old lady pulling out of her driveway :)

I wish to enjoy riding my motorcycle when and where I wish to ride.

Cheers - Purdyman

What happened Purdyman???

Nevermind... my questions were answered and I was asked to edit my post... so it has been done.

Last edited:

Last edited:

What can possibly stop a group ride, especially one that isn't set up like a group ride and allowed people to check in and ride on their own? After all, it would be on public roads and we are all licensed to ride on any public road.

There was threatened legal action, which has since been resolved.

The good news is the ride is back on so all the work to set-up the event was not lost.

Last edited:

Long Story Short - I had to change the name because of a conflict with another event. There were people who thought we were connected, as such there was a confusion and what was considered unacceptable by them. Rightly so - So we sorted it out and I changed the name to keep honor and respect for all involved. The date remains the same. JUNE 21ST, 2015 :director:

New NAME is : CANNONBALL500.com and CANNONBALL 500.ca

Cheers - Purdyman

Back
Top Bottom