Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iron butt ride june 21st 2015 kawarthas

CannonballRides

Cannonball 500 - Iron Butt Ride - Ontario and Alberta now!

Please visit the website for more details but here is the skinny. www.Cannonball500.com All issues have been dealt with - We are GREEN LIGHT AGAIN - WHAT A FEW DAYS THIS HAS BEEN.

Cannonball500-NewLogo.jpg

Attachments

• Cannonball500-April 16th-380.jpg
    Cannonball500-April 16th-380.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I think I'll do this ride this year. I don't live near any of the starting points but looks like a good day ride!

Wife/family can be my witness while they go to the beach and I'll meet up with them at the end again!

Thanks for the info.

If I can get a bike for then, I might be in. Whats the cost $?$?

Re: Iron butt ride JUNE 21st - WE ARE BACK ON

There is no cost. If you choose to send in paperwork once witnessed to iron butt association along with 25 bucks, they send you a pin and certificate for bragging rights. I met with a couple of dealers during my sales calls today and they want in so adjustments will be made leading up to event on final route. Detours rounding out better twisties etc while completing the loop.

I am looking at having badges made with "Bikefest 500" on them now. Working up the design now. This way you could merely go for a patch if so desired or both. Getting lots of emails from people showing huge interest. Dealer was talking about getting his customers in on it as well and facebook friends etc. So it will ramp up quickly. Everyone is getting white snow fever and the bikes shows only compound it....

With having multiple entry points it will allow many people to partake as with most events getting there and and then heading out may not be possible. My design was always based on 8 or 9 entry points maximizing the opportunity for everyone to get in on the fun.

So a day away riding your bike, not sitting somewhere all day. Plus the bonus of doing the loop and for many seeing great riding roads chances r u have not seen yet to explore!

Google Map - Click here

Last edited:
This looks really fun. I am going to do this. Very similar to a route I planned to do already, so its perfect!

I was considering this ride .But on a Sunday the roads will be a bit busy .

Just realized that's Fathers Day Sunday. Will have to see what family has planned for dad that day before I commit.

Re: Iron butt ride JUNE 21st - WE ARE BACK ON

getting lots of emails and inquiries form everyone - thanks - here is some updated info I will pass along.

Lots of questions and sorry I have not been back to chime in on things - busy boy this week ...

The only day the ride is official is on the 21st NOW.

Loop backs during the ride have been removed - good call I caught it too. You must ride the route given as there are required stops which you have to pick up a card at from the place of business on the sponsors page. These sponsors are bringing all kinds of riders to the event as well.

The starting time is 7 am to 8 am - You can enter at any of the locations. I have since added a few more so please check out the latest on the website. You leave with your buddies or on your own - its up to you - this is not a group ride but a true test of your ability to meticulously calculate time. Speed is not the answer - get in get out at each stop and move along. The benefit everyone has is that you are all potentially starting at various check points. We should be able to move easily 7-800 riders around the loop without anyone being backed up from the 10 stops there are now.

I have been working at setting up sponsors - who really are the dealers in those specific towns. It has been working out perfectly - the bulk of the dealers coming on board for the ride are my own customers - they love the fact that their customers can actually enjoy a day of riding and they can go with them as well. It is coming together as planned :)

I welcome volunteers at any of the starting points as obviously I cannot be at each location. That being said I am riding this myself as I hope to earn the certificate just like everyone else. The volunteers can easily do the ride as well - The key here is that you may not get back until the end of the 12 hour period ( or not - Evil Knievel ) but all it means is that if you are a volunteer and if those people who you moved out prior to you they will either have to wait for someone to verify their receipts or they will not be eligible to receive the cert.

The patches in order to snag one of these you must collect a card from each of the businesses along the route which are the sponsors and show them upon completion. Each person with these cards in hand qualifies to purchase a CANNONBALL 500 badge. A truly fitting rewards to be adorned on your garment. These will be date specific.

Mileage question - why is it not 800 klms exactly - good question! Because the entire route has not been tightened up yet. First I want to make sure we can get as many small towns involved within reason, and secondly because the territory we are covering once you get into highway 60 leaves for no room to adjust. If it is over slightly I am not going to worry about. Again it is about the ride! ( CANNONBALL 1000 is already planned and will be added next year - 2 day weekend ride for the die-hard ) Lets just not go into that one here for now.

Sponsors - They might have free water, or not but the point is these people are allowing us to gather and return to one location per town represented. It keeps it clean and simple for everyone.

It is all about knowing who is out there if something does every happen, maybe next time you might need one of them. One never knows. They will not be opening their doors as remember these dealers want to do the ride as well. It was planned for a Sunday for a reason.

again sorry I did not get back to everyone just been busting my chaps sorting out details with people and driving to meet many of the dealers around the loop this week as well.

I can hardly wait - I just need my bike now and all will be good!

Last edited:
Gotta mark this one on the calendar!

Re: Iron butt ride NOW August 23rd 2015 kawarthas

The patches will look like this here: New Image Coming Soon ... They are 4 inches wide and 2.5 inches high.

CANNONBALL 500 Patches will be shown here very soon

Last edited:
I did the last 1/2 blackfly rally - tempted... will keep an eye on the thread. Good for you for setting this up.

Great news, Barrie harley davidson locked in and it appears will be offering this ride to its customers as a dealership ride. So anyone in the newmarket, richmond hill area only has to fly up the 401 to get in on the action. This is gearing up to be the ride...

Last edited:
this looks like an awesome ride, i did a very similar route a couple years back on my gixxer, about 700km in one day, but with lots of rest stops and pictures..
very interested in this event, highly likely will be attending.
hopefully work doesnt send me away :/

Interested, but I don't think I can handle that many km in one day yet, need to build up the endurance

Did the Great Lakes Extreme 3 years ago. 4211 kms in 58 hours. Ran out of time, the limit was 50 hours, however it would still qualify for the regular IB ride. Never submitted the paperwork. :-(

I'd love to try this, I'll have to remember about it once it gets closer.

NEW NAME: CANNONBALL 500 JUNE 21st 2015

Would like to thank everyone for their kind comments thus far by email. I stopped into a few more dealers to present the ride. Longleys harley davidson in peterborough posted a poster on their bulletin board. Bob the owner said will chat it up with riders for me. Then i stopped into two more dealers, Cameron Cycle and the new Cat Shack of peterborough. Everyone is so supportive and welcome a day dedicated to actually riding!

I knew after only a few stops that this would do well, but i never expected a complete across the board " can hardly wait " attitude. I guess many riders are just tired of the winter and are looking forward to doing something different. Dealers as far away as Owen Sound are just as stoked as the ones in Bobcaygeon where I live.

I have enough dealers interested already for an eastern loop for next year and a western loop as well. So this year will be lessons learned, fun to be had for all no doubt. I still have no dealer for huntsville. If anyone knows of a dealership you think might be interested in having hundreds of riders visit their location please let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:

Btw: if anyone has seen a boat crossing the high seas from Austria, somebody give the guy some nitrous please, i sure would like to get my new ride home to roost :agave:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom