New 636 rider :) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New 636 rider :)

sky

Hi Everyone, I am a complete noob in riding, currently have a 2013 ZX636 for my daily. Whenever there is no snow, I go out and ride :) It is my sole transportation also. Looking forward meeting you all in the Spring!

Ride safe :)

Well you can't come in here and not post a pic! That's just wrong! Welcome to the forum. :D

I agree where is the picture? and welcome hope to see you around be safe!

That's quite a bit of bike for a "complete noob." Be careful...have fun, but be careful.

photos please and how about a quick review. 636 is kinda like my dream bike

Hey! Excellent choice there. We're 636 Brothers. (2014 636 here!)
Where abouts do you hail from?

Welcome!
Give the rider a break, I've been here a little while and I still have trouble with uploading pics. ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Very powerful bike for a first bike. It will be interesting to see how your first season goes. We had a similar situation last year and that rider found the ergonomics were bothering him and he was looking to go to a litre or beyond. Not sure if he went the Busa or ZX-14 route.

Hi Everyone, I am a complete noob in riding, currently have a 2013 ZX636 for my daily. Whenever there is no snow, I go out and ride :) It is my sole transportation also. Looking forward meeting you all in the Spring!

Ride safe :)

Well you didn't start with a 'noob" bike. Woopsie!! I hope you are planning on taking a safety course??!!!! Ummm.. it's critical here!! And do be careful of the advice you take. Lots of nonsense. Switching to a litre bike or beyond (now, or next year) is ridiculous advice. Im sure it was made in sarcasm.

Welcome. Im new too! Starting out on a 2014 Yamaha FZ09 with prior experience toying around on other peoples 125's and 250's. Im looking forward to seeing others on the road. First ride to work today on the bike! :)

636 is not a noob bike. FYI most noob starting on a 600cc bike usually ends up in the fallen rider section, hope you dont end up there. Good luck.

Welcome. Im new too! Starting out on a 2014 Yamaha FZ09 with prior experience toying around on other peoples 125's and 250's. Im looking forward to seeing others on the road. First ride to work today on the bike! :)
Funny that people are worrying about the OP and his 636 and my men here has a way more powerful bike for a beginner bike... careful with your FZ09, it will go our of control pretty quick. have fun!

It is not the bike, it is the wrist

636 is not a noob bike. FYI most noob starting on a 600cc bike usually ends up in the fallen rider section, hope you dont end up there. Good luck.
How do you know this? is this fact or you just trying to scare the guy with your 'perception' and a headline comment?

OP enjoy the ride, be careful and never be over confident once you get comfortable, don't go on group rides too early with more experienced riders as you will for sure fall under the pressure to ride over your ability. You will never be as good as you think you are. Ride smart and when your gut is telling you to slow down, then slow down. You will be fine if you follow these simple suggestions.

Great Bike

Last edited:

Toying around on a 125 and a 250 doesn't mean you are good enough to move to a bigger bike. Don't under estimate what a 250 can do.

Watch this video

[video=youtube;GKDN3okg4ko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDN3okg4ko[/video]

I've owned 125's, 250's and 600s. but i worked my way up to it. Just because you learn how to ride the bike up and down the street doesn't mean you're ready to move on to something bigger.

How do you know this? is this fact or you just trying to scare the guy with your 'perception' and a headline comment?

OP enjoy the ride, be careful and never be over confident once you get comfortable, don't go on group rides too early with more experienced riders as you will for sure fall under the pressure to ride over your ability. You will never be as good as you think you are. Ride smart and when your gut is telling you to slow down, then slow down. You will be fine if you follow these simple suggestions.

Great Bike

Lost 15 good friend of mine who did not listen to starting on a small bike. Most of my friends who died on a bike started on a 600 super sport bike as their first bike. Just from my personal experience. some died as fast as first 3 days of riding to first 3 months. I've been riding since 2008 and had my first accident last year. Because of all the years of training on my bike, i learned to survive a crash. Many of my friends who have also died on their bike got scared and bailed off their bike which led to their deaths. Knowing how to fall is important too.

If people are worried about a 250 not being able to keep up to 600s. watch this video of this 250 ninja kicking *** on track day

[video=youtube;Kz03sQeX02c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c[/video]

The moral of this story is, it doesnt take a lot of skill to ride a straight line, it takes skill taking corners. on a 250cc bike its a lot easier to handle the corners then a 600cc bike, because if you enter the corner too fast, you will end of in the ditch.

Also read this thread

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Which-one-(Guide-to-choosing-your-first-ride)

Last edited:
You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?

I have raced a 250 as recent as last year, don't need to watch a video. Regardless, don't understand the point of the video unless you are trying to regurgitate the fact that it is better to start on a 250. He already bought the bike so not sure what your point is apart from trying to scare him.

Something tells me your words might be misleading to say the least... but hey, what do I know.

Anyways I am out, OP congrats and enjoy your ride, and please don't become friends with Tsquared, he might be bad luck ;)
Lost 15 good friend of mine who did not listen to starting on a small bike. Most of my friends who died on a bike started on a 600 super sport bike as their first bike. Just from my personal experience. some died as fast as first 3 days of riding to first 3 months. I've been riding since 2008 and had my first accident last year. Because of all the years of training on my bike, i learned to survive a crash. Many of my friends who have also died on their bike got scared and bailed off their bike which led to their deaths. Knowing how to fall is important too.

If people are worried about a 250 not being able to keep up to 600s. watch this video of this 250 ninja kicking *** on track day

[video=youtube;Kz03sQeX02c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c[/video]

The moral of this story is, it doesnt take a lot of skill to ride a straight line, it takes skill taking corners. on a 250cc bike its a lot easier to handle the corners then a 600cc bike, because if you enter the corner too fast, you will end of in the ditch.

Also read this thread

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Which-one-(Guide-to-choosing-your-first-ride)

Last edited:
lmao. not 15 friends in one incident. GTA fallen rider section you see deaths daily during peak season. I've met much more people who died i met on this forum who were new riders on their ss bikes.

FYI, i was never riding with any of them who died. they died on their own and to be honest most of the time it was their own fault. I would say 13/15 died on their own account, not other drivers on the road.

OP - be safe, best of luck, dont drink and ride and ATGATT.

You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?

I have raced a 250 as recent as last year, don't need to watch a video. Regardless, don't understand the point of the video unless you are trying to regurgitate the fact that it is better to start on a 250. He already bought the bike so not sure what your point is apart from trying to scare him.

Something tells me your words might be misleading to say the least... but hey, what do I know.

Anyways I am out, OP congrats and enjoy your ride, and please don't become friends with Tsquared, he might be bad luck ;)

Its+dangerous+to+go+alone+take+this+_01983b4bfe1e1a56cef987d8f15f89e8.jpg

Not sure what to make of that vid. Clearly the 250 rider has some skills but I'm not convinced the 600 guys were really trying as hard as he was all the way round the track, every lap. There was an awful lot of veerrryyy early braking, abnormally slow cornering and not much overtaking in chutes where the 600s would have walked the 250 given how fast they caught and blew by on the main straight.

Regardless, it looked like a pantload of fun for both the 600 and 250 guys.

Back
Top Bottom