Kawartha Adventure Riders - First Annual Loop Ride - June 21st, 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawartha Adventure Riders - First Annual Loop Ride - June 21st, 2015

CannonballRides

Kawartha Iron Butt accredited ride - June 21st, 2015

The ride has been updated now. I received word back late yesterday. It is now a true iron butt ride. All of the details are on the website which is a work in progress: www.bikefest.ca

It is open to all makes and models as per iron butt rules.

This is not a ride for charity, nor will there be anything for sale, no hats, shirts or badges - it is merely to enjoy the day as a group of motorcycle enthusiasts showing our passion for the sport. You will be either on your own or possibly as a group however in no way shape or form are we calling this an organized ride. The website will show the various starting points into the loop. You can enter at any point, but you must exit at the same point to complete the loop. Details further down thread or on website.

These accredited events with the Iron Butt Association are typically held south of us across the border. However now that we have official approval to move forward, this event will certainly i believe be one that with your certificate will be displayed proudly in the man cave.

More details further down , for some reason i could not copy to clipboard

Last edited:
Congratulations on your KTM 1290 and effort to organize your ride.

Most of adventure riders I know tend to like smaller groups like I do but best of luck.

Are you planning lots of off-road or gravel sections?

HD or sportbike riders not likely be interested in this ride regardless.

Will watch with interest.

Always like to go on a long ride on summer solstice so your timing is spot on.

Last edited:
This sounds like fun and if I insure my street bike this season I will make an effort to join...been riding off-road most of the time last season.

Ive ce never been a Harley guy myself but sounds like you can't stand them at all.

So i picked a date for the first major ride and get together. I was thinking we can meet in Peterborough the morning of the 21st. We can either as a group or in small numbers head out for our first annual "Kawartha Adventure Riders" northern tour? I am making up the website now which will cover off the entire route. Would really like some suggestions as i know a few of you will have some secret tucked away roads worthy of riding.

My thoughts are we could post the ride providing opportunity for those coming from the west or north a common meeting point where as a group we could meet up and grab a bite. Might be in Dwight or Huntsville. This way people will not have to ride to Peterborough to start, but we can end up back where they started but would have completed the entire loop their own way. It is not timed of course but the real adventure will be for many seeing roads not yet traveled. I for one have seen enough of monk road, if you know what i mean. However we may have to ride it to get to those hidden gems if we even cross its path. There are some amazing roads north east of Bancroft and yes many north of Orillia i have tackled in the past few years. So please put your thinking caps on as to how you could put together the ultimate riding loop in one day. I would think most would ride for 8 or 9 hours so keep this in mind.

The ride would be open to anyone of course with the exception of North American Made Motorcycles (harley). The ride would be for anyone with a offshore brand. Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Triumph, KTM , BMW, Ural, whatever .... but no North American Motorcycles. Street bikes or adventure bikes, touring bikes i think you get the picture...

This is not a ride for charity, nor will there be anything for sale, no hats, shirts or badges - it is merely to enjoy the day as a group of motorcycle enthusiasts showing our passion for the sport. You will be either on your own or possibly as a group however in no way shape or form are we calling this an organized ride. The website will show the various starting points into the loop. You can enter at any point, and exit where you wish. The single most important things will be the fact that you did the loop. Some would call it an iron butt ride while others will just call it WOW what a great ride. Either way it will be a chance to see some of the less traveled roads and for many a chance to just spend the day exploring the mid northern parts of Ontario.

Let me know your thoughts, in the meantime i will get the website ready to kick it off. Www.bikefest.ca

Can I bring my Harley

Its now official. This ride is now an acredited Iron Butt ride. This means it qualifies under the rules and regulations of the Iron Butt Association to be recorded and certified as a 500 mile Butt Builder ride.

Here is the skinny:

It is open to all makes and models of motorcycles. I cannot restrict makes and models.
You have one starting point, which is also your exit point.
You must complete the loop in 12 hours.
You can ride two up if desired, you cannot switch drivers.
You must provide receipts for fuel, record starting mileage etc. All being witnessed.

Full details are on the website i have built ( work in progress ) at www.bikefest.ca

The date is confirmed for sunday june 21st, 2015
Start time is 8 am , completion 8 pm

There will be 8 entry points:
Barrie, Orillia, Parry Sound, Huntsville, Barrys Bay, Renfrew, Bancroft, Haliburton
Each entry point will have an official starter. You enter at one of these locations and exit at the same within the 12 hour timeframe. It is not a race. You are not awarded for best time.

I am looking for volunteers for each starting point. The window to start could be 45 minutes at which point in time that person could do the ride as well or not. Those who do complete the loop ahead of that person either wait for the return of the starter or find a witness to document the time and receipts.

The balance of the details as mentioned are on the website. Again it is open to all makes and models including harley davidsons as per the iron butt association rules and regulations. All of these rules are on the website @ www.bikefest.ca

This is definitely going to be a fun event.

Oops posted in the other thread...

Anyway I'm very interested as I love these types of day rides. I'll mark it in my calendar and my most likely start place will be Barrie.

Google Map Route - COuld change but here is the starting point thus far - The interesting thing is that when I did this a couple of days ago it was longer - whats up with that regardless - it qualifies at just over 500 miles - again it could change however here it is : Google Map Route

Back
Top Bottom