Any SUGGESTIONS | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any SUGGESTIONS

I like D's advice. Get the cheap white plastics and just LACE that **** with stickers. I have a bunch of stickers from shops and places all over LA if you want them. You want to change the look so you don't get bored. Totally understand. A lot of people always complain that putting so and so amount of $$ into something is a waste. Its not a waste if its something YOU want. I see you want to make the bike more appealing for you so that you can live with it a while longer. Getting stickers does NOT make you anything but a guy that wants stickers on your bike. There was a guy that on this site a few years back that did what you are talking about, by covering his whole bike in stickers. MOST people liked it, and didn't try to bash on him. On the west coast, cars and bikes have stickers all over them.. its not considered posing.
All hail your response

I understand your young and don't care what others think, but as others have said you would better off flushing the money you would pay for a vinyl wrap or stickers to cover your stock plastic. plus as even you admitted it will diminish the price you get when you sell it.

Yeah maybe the "look" appeals to you, but in reality the only time you get the full effect of the "look" is when your standing looking at the bike as opposed to riding it. So do you pan to ride the bike or stand at Timmie's and pose and admire the "look"

If you thing the "look" will have the babes falling all over you and your spiced up 250. Again save your money go to Walmart and buy some Axe body spray, according to the ads that will have the babes clawing to get at you and it is a he ll of a lot less expensive..lol
Tried axe doesnt work...

something you should of learnt in grade school, but here's a refresher just in case:
1. buy stickers
2. apply stickers
carry on.

My buddy's wrapping company (based in quebec) does that kind of wrapping you are looking for. But yes wrapping costs as much (just slightly less) than a paint job.

I saw it done on a skidoo so i cant imagine itd be different on a bike

http://supremecustoms.ca/polaris-wrap/

If you want to do it....do it.

But keep in mind if you do something to the OEM bodywork it will count against you on resale.

I dunno, maybe apply some lotion to the seat, make it smell like rich leather :shrug:

Paint your stock fairings rattle can whatevers, wear an omnipresent scowl on your crumple zone and roll packs of Camels in your T shirt sleeves to accentuate your guns.

Last edited:
k wait.

are you putting stickers on like factory look?

your fairings are unpainted above, are you lookgin for just stickers to make it look not so ****? or somethign that would be cheaper than a paintjob (nothing is).

You could end up making your bike look like a POS - spend a bit more and get a fully painted kid from auctmarts or one fo those places... You want to be different in a good way...not different cuz you cheaped out and now own a ****** looking bike.

I think under 5 bills you could have a really custom lookin setup....don't do the self stickers thing.

Get a repsol kit for your bike...anything else is just gonna look gay.

Won't help your resale either when you're looking to sell.

I'm a long time 250 rider myself and just like you I wanted to spice things up but my money is spent on proper gear and upgraded components that actually help your riding.

The man asked a question, not everyone's opinion. Sheesh.

OP - there are plenty of sticker decal kits out there; this being one of them.
I'd be careful about applying a sticker directly to the fairing as they may be hard to remove later on.

Vinyl wrapping is not cheap and scratches easily (my experience).
You may also want to consider Plasti-Dipping to "spice" up the bike.

http://etsy.me/16Q9VjL

il_570xN.631397813_fe9c.jpg

The man asked a question, not everyone's opinion. Sheesh.

OP - there are plenty of sticker decal kits out there; this being one of them.
I'd be careful about applying a sticker directly to the fairing as they may be hard to remove later on.

Vinyl wrapping is not cheap and scratches easily (my experience).
You may also want to consider Plasti-Dipping to "spice" up the bike.

http://etsy.me/16Q9VjL

+1... lots of opinions/judgements/shootdowns...

Guy asked a question.. no need to shoot him down.... everyone is unique and has a particular taste... plasti dip is one option OP..

I don't get why everyone is getting worked up? Stickers only cost $10 or so... easily removable when you want to sell it and he can sell the other other fairings separate if he likes. The OP wants to put on stickers, he wants his bike to be unique, he wants to express himself... he doesn't care about 3rd party things like police profiling. Don't judge him based on him wanting to do this.
To the OP, I don't think you require professionals to put the stickers on. heres what i would do, get painters tape and just stick the stickers in a general area you like. move them around until you pick something where the bike looks good with all the stickers. After that just peel the sticker and apply them on carefully. Ride safe!

Lawl, OP asked for advice to style his bike and trackday heros come in here and tell him to do a track day. Lol pls go

Im a young rider and im looking to spice up in away my cbr250.

I have a more that 4 years before i can imagine a 600 due to insurance so i was looking to change up the style of my bike

and i want it to look like a moto3 style bike

im looking to add tons of relevant stickers to make it look like a race bike

Do you think any places would do it for a discount if they were able to place there own "stickers" on my bike as it is basically free promotions.

So PLEASE COMMENT and recommend away

:) Stickergate

Ya, I don't mind commenting. If he'd asked about stickers without the motivations and backstory it would have been all about the stickers. I don't think the comments were unnecessarily mean, I think they're food for thought.

Lots of experienced buyers chiming in, most of them saying it will hurt resale. I know I'd hesitate to buy it. He asked if anyone would discount him so he could advertise for them. No is the answer.

Couple hundred on a sticker book, or take a track course and actually improve riding. That's a great suggestion.

Lawl, OP asked for advice to style his bike and trackday heros come in here and tell him to do a track day. Lol pls go
I think lots of people beating on him because he's a kid. I remember the first year I joined here people gave me a hard time.

Stickers is still better than chrome or stretched-out swing arm. Let the kid be

I think lots of people beating on him because he's a kid. I remember the first year I joined here people gave me a hard time.

Stickers is still better than chrome or stretched-out swing arm. Let the kid be

I think people are just looking out for him since he is new. People are just suggesting that it's wiser to invest in your gear and skills instead of stickers.
I have a friend that likes to make his bikes look like race replicas...it's his thing but he also did FAST school.

It's his money and he is the one riding it, so do what makes you feel happy.

I think lots of people beating on him because he's a kid.

I think people are just looking out for him since he is new.

I wish we had internet forums when I was a kid. It would have saved me a lot of heartache at the local A+W. YOU WANNA BUY A MGB!? WHAT ARE YOU? SOME KIND OF FRUITCAKE?! That's just one example.

Guy asked a question.. no need to shoot him down.... everyone is unique and has a particular taste... plasti dip is one option OP..

In the middle east they should wrap their camels with that would raise the intimidation factor.HAHAHA

Nowhere to hide

Last edited:
if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, forget the childish fairing/stickers....a slip on and / or upgraded suspension will make it feel like a completely different bike imho

go to a reputable shop like pro 6 or someplace and just tell them to...

Futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom