Any SUGGESTIONS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any SUGGESTIONS

C-250

So here goes the long post: Im a young rider and im looking to spice up in away my cbr250. I have a more that 4 years before i can imagine a 600 due to insurance so i was looking to change up the style of my bike as in get the complete unpainted fairing kit http://m.ebay.com/itm/161448079427?nav=SEARCH less than 300 and i want it to look like a moto3 style bike but with out the having to paint...im looking to add tons of relevant stickers to make it look like a race bike. Im going to keep the original headlight faring and possible keep the stock signals. So my question is where would i go to have the "stickers" professionally applied... Do you think any places would do it for a discount if they were able to place there own "stickers" on my bike as it is basically free promotions. So please comment and recommend away

No one wants to sponsor you, so no.

Save your money, take a track course (FAST, Racer5). Then not only will you be faster, you won't look like a silly arse who stuck stickers on his toy to make it "look like a race bike".

How would i look silly i just like the style better....my life doesnt revolve around being the next rossi lol

The question might be why do you assume "stickers" is a better style? Because racer have them? For sure it's the way to go if you're a "wanna be". And believe it or not, you'll get profiled. Unwanted attention from the fuzz and not receive the benefit of any doubt.

I dont "wanna be" anyone but myself... I just like the look(style) i just think it better than the stock color scheme...all my paper are clean so getting pulled over doesnt really matter to me... How i see it decal scheme>regular scheme the whole tryna be someone idea i could careless what people think lol

the whole tryna be someone idea i could careless what people think lol

Oh, sorry. I got confused when you said you want to "spice it up in away my cbr250".

The ones i put it the link were the cheapest i could find but they are unpainted so that were i got the idea of just adding decals to keep the cost down

So my question is where would i go to have the "stickers" professionally applied... Do you think any places would do it for a discount if they were able to place there own "stickers" on my bike as it is basically free promotions. So please comment and recommend away

You would be much better off just putting on the stickers yourself. What you are thinking of is going to be expensive, if you had it done by a professional. It would be much cheaper if you got a vinyl wrap for the fairings instead of getting someone to apply a myriad of small stickers to it. There is absolutely nobody that would give a discount in exchange for advertising space on your bike.

Also keep in mind that this something you are going to take a 100% loss on - nobody is going to pay any more for this bike than a normally dressed CBR250.

You would be much better off just putting on the stickers yourself. What you are thinking of is going to be expensive, if you had it done by a professional. It would be much cheaper if you got a vinyl wrap for the fairings instead of getting someone to apply a myriad of small stickers to it. There is absolutely nobody that would give a discount in exchange for advertising space on your bike.

Also keep in mind that this something you are going to take a 100% loss on - nobody is going to pay any more for this bike than a normally dressed CBR250.
I know about the loss part which always sucks... Do you mean vinyl wrap the current fairings then put the decals on? I called a place that does that and they quoted me for like 400$+ but i dont think the person who knows how small the 250 really is or maybe its just that expensive

Do not spice up your 250. Leave it stock, someone will be happy you did when you sell it to them later down the road.

Buy a fancy new helmet or something.

Last edited:
I know about the loss part which always sucks... Do you mean vinyl wrap the current fairings then put the decals on? I called a place that does that and they quoted me for like 400$+ but i dont think the person who knows how small the 250 really is or maybe its just that expensive

Hmmm... okay, maybe not much better off

My 2c: Don't bother "spicing up" your current bike. Ride it, enjoy it, hone your skills on it and even try to get a track day on it.

Any money you put into this one, especially for cosmetic "upgrades" is money flushed down the toilet (IMO.) BTW, that doesn't just apply to your bike: Anyone who applies stickers and installs racier bodywork for the purpose of spicing it up is spending their money but getting little back. It certainly is subjective as to whether "bling" brings enjoyment and is this money well spent.

But I would consider saving the money you'd spend on spices and putting it toward a different bike. It doesn't necessarily have to be a 600 supersport: Your 250R makes ~24HP. A CBR500R, for example, makes ~47HP, would be a great interim step between the 250 and the 600 and would teach you additional things. It shouldn't even be a big insurance hit.

It sounds like you're strapped for cash. Bling and fairings would be the last place I'd put money. If you can't or don't want to swing a different bike keep your 250 and put that money toward a better helmet or gloves or jacket or pants or ...

I suggest you leave the plastics alone.
Invest your money in better tires and suspension upgrades (if possible)
Also put some money into making the bike lighter, stock exhaust are heavy.
Make the bike lighter it bill be faster, better tires and suspension and you will have a nice riding machine.
Now, you learn to ride the bike as best as you can SO that when you go to a 600 you will have a lot of skills and will be comfortable faster.

Take A Racer 5 or Fast school class. It is NOT about racing. You will learn how to really ride.

Watching someone ride a motorcycle properly is like art in motion. It's not the stickers...it's the person.

I get you want to make the bike look nicer for yourself. Buy the cheap kit and call it a day, you can probably sell it back later plus if you drop the bike you will still have the original untouched plastics.

I understand your young and don't care what others think, but as others have said you would better off flushing the money you would pay for a vinyl wrap or stickers to cover your stock plastic. plus as even you admitted it will diminish the price you get when you sell it.

Yeah maybe the "look" appeals to you, but in reality the only time you get the full effect of the "look" is when your standing looking at the bike as opposed to riding it. So do you pan to ride the bike or stand at Timmie's and pose and admire the "look"

If you thing the "look" will have the babes falling all over you and your spiced up 250. Again save your money go to Walmart and buy some Axe body spray, according to the ads that will have the babes clawing to get at you and it is a he ll of a lot less expensive..lol

Last edited:
im looking to spice up in away my cbr250. I have a more that 4 years before i can imagine a 600 due to insurance so i was looking to change up the style of my bike as in get the complete unpainted fairing kit http://m.ebay.com/itm/161448079427?nav=SEARCH less than 300 and i want it to look like a moto3..

I like D's advice. Get the cheap white plastics and just LACE that **** with stickers. I have a bunch of stickers from shops and places all over LA if you want them. You want to change the look so you don't get bored. Totally understand. A lot of people always complain that putting so and so amount of $$ into something is a waste. Its not a waste if its something YOU want. I see you want to make the bike more appealing for you so that you can live with it a while longer. Getting stickers does NOT make you anything but a guy that wants stickers on your bike. There was a guy that on this site a few years back that did what you are talking about, by covering his whole bike in stickers. MOST people liked it, and didn't try to bash on him. On the west coast, cars and bikes have stickers all over them.. its not considered posing.

I suggest you leave the plastics alone.
Invest your money in better tires and suspension upgrades (if possible)
Also put some money into making the bike lighter, stock exhaust are heavy.
Make the bike lighter it bill be faster, better tires and suspension and you will have a nice riding machine.
Now, you learn to ride the bike as best as you can SO that when you go to a 600 you will have a lot of skills and will be comfortable faster.

Take A Racer 5 or Fast school class. It is NOT about racing. You will learn how to really ride.

Watching someone ride a motorcycle properly is like art in motion. It's not the stickers...it's the person.

I get you want to make the bike look nicer for yourself. Buy the cheap kit and call it a day, you can probably sell it back later plus if you drop the bike you will still have the original untouched plastics.
This is how i see it its like people who stretch their bike do it for the looks they dont stretch it so they can take it to the strip to race. Im doing it for the looks its only a 250 and i already a good tires and im not looking for any preform boost at all

Back
Top Bottom