any clue for temp insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

any clue for temp insurance

uncle went to China till August and gave me his bike to ride till he comes back looking for temp incurance any ideas don't mind paying up to 400 max a moth

You don't need temp insurance, just get normal insurance and cancel when he returns.

Unless the bike is in your name, you can't bind insurance to it. I was discussing this situation with a broker last night as one of our mutual friends was planning to borrow a sled from a dealership that he knows well for the weekend but wanted to insure the sled. The broker told him unless the vehicle is registered to you, you can't insure it. The broker said this is also to protect insurers. Let's say you could do this, so the sled would be insured under the dealers policy, then the person borrows the sled and insures it. He crashes the sled, now the dealer files a claim with their insurer. The person who borrowed it also files a claim with his insurer to pay dealership for the sled so the two companies end up paying out on the same sled.

uncle went to China till August and gave me his bike to ride till he comes back looking for temp incurance any ideas don't mind paying up to 400 max a moth

Hedo2002 pretty much summed it up, you can't insure what's not yours.
It's up to the owner to insure it and if he let's you borrow it, you are automatically insured. Of course if something was to happen the owner will have to deal with it

Back
Top Bottom