Motorcycle Parking Fee 2015 – Response Coordination Thread | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Parking Fee 2015 – Response Coordination Thread

What's the enforcement like for those MC only parking areas? They get filled up pretty quickly last time I was downtown on a daily basis.

No idea about enforcement as I only park downtown when I'm there for meetings. I did notice that they have changed at least some signs from yellow to white. I guess that is to reflect that it is now an enforceable by-law. Next time any one of us sees a green hornet, you should point it out if a car is in the reserved area, and see what they do. One time years back I tried to suggest that a green hornet ticket his own illegally parked car, but all I got back was a blank stupid look on his face. My understanding is that only emergency vehicles are allowed to stop in no parking areas, and they certainly don't fall into that category. Lol.

First off, thanks for creating and updating this thread.

Second, question for you, or anyone else who rides and works downtown. I may be doing some contract work in the financial district in the coming months, in the Bay and Wellington area. Is there any motorcycle only parking in that area? Been poking around online and I can’t seem to find anything specific and a call to the Toronto Parking Authority got me no where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second, question for you, or anyone else who rides and works downtown. I may be doing some contract work in the financial district in the coming months, in the Bay and Wellington area. Is there any motorcycle only parking in that area? Been poking around online and I can’t seem to find anything specific and a call to the Toronto Parking Authority got me no where.

Might be worth your while to take a ride down to that area early on a Sunday morning and scope out the parking situation. If you ride down there super early there is hardly any traffic.

Might be worth your while to take a ride down to that area early on a Sunday morning and scope out the parking situation. If you ride down there super early there is hardly any traffic.

Was planning on doing that one upcoming weekend. Tough to get downtown when the weather is good and there’s roads up north and east to ride :)

Thanks,

Google Street view is your friend. When ever I go down for meetings, I always check small streets near my destination for mc parking before I go. I can't think of anything in the immediate area, but if you're coming from the east, try Toronto Street north of King. From the west, try Simcoe north of King, although they've moved it into the middle of the road to put a bike lane next to the curb. Pretty stupid layout, and I feel that the motorcycles are that much more vulnerable sitting out there like that. Pearl St is a better spot close to Simcoe.

What's the enforcement like for those MC only parking areas? They get filled up pretty quickly last time I was downtown on a daily basis.

Well behind my office on Edward St. there are more bikes parked outside the designated motorcycle parking area than in the area :D

Thanks. I’ll check both out when I get down the one Sunday morning. Toronto St north of King is probably my best bet.

Nothing on the July 10 agenda. That is the last Public Works and Infrastructure Committee meeting before the summer and election break, so we should be good for a while. Happy riding and parking everyone!

Nothing on the July 10 agenda. That is the last Public Works and Infrastructure Committee meeting before the summer and election break, so we should be good for a while. Happy riding and parking everyone!

Many thanks to Face for all your work and continual follow-ups on this! I am a long time subscriber that only needed free street parking for the odd visit, but I just got a new job in Liberty Village so I will need parking daily. I see most people suggesting Atlantic Ave and Hanna Ave as the best spots for all day motorcycle street parking - is this still the case?

I guess I need a disc-lock now :\

Many thanks to Face for all your work and continual follow-ups on this! I am a long time subscriber that only needed free street parking for the odd visit, but I just got a new job in Liberty Village so I will need parking daily. I see most people suggesting Atlantic Ave and Hanna Ave as the best spots for all day motorcycle street parking - is this still the case?

I guess I need a disc-lock now :\

I only go to Liberty Village occasionally. The last time I was there I parked my bike on Hanna Ave.

I'm semi-retired now and moved out of Toronto and closer to the good riding. I'll try to keep an eye on this, but can't promise to be as diligent as I previously was. But with the election coming up, there will be no more Council meetings until the new year. And if Doug Ford gets his way with the size of Council, hopefully they will prioritize their work and ignore petty ****** like this. We should be safe for a while.

Back
Top Bottom