Motorcycle Parking Fee 2015 – Response Coordination Thread | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Parking Fee 2015 – Response Coordination Thread

@mimico_polak I would think that the $150 is for a car. I'm sure they would squeeze you somewhere for less, and still rent to a car for the $150

Sent from the Purple Zone

Nothing on tomorrow's agenda. Next meet is May 9th.

Good to see you're still on top of this

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry for falling asleep at the switch. Fortunately there was nothing on the May 9th agenda. Next meeting June 8th, then September 19th. Hopefully we'll not have to worry about this over the summer.

Thanks for checking. I am pretty sure this proposal is dead until they go to a license plate system on-street with a new IT system and new machines. And seeing as they just enabled pay-by-phone parking and put all those 4 digit code stickers on the existing machines, I think a "charge for motorcycles" discussion is going to be part of a much larger discussion of replacing these machines. Given the other transportation priorities at city hall right now and the cost for changing every machine in the city and putting in a new backend to support it and possibly even by-law changes, and the small amount of revenue motorcycles would contribute, I don't think we need to worry about this for years to come.

Thanks for checking. I am pretty sure this proposal is dead until they go to a license plate system on-street with a new IT system and new machines. And seeing as they just enabled pay-by-phone parking and put all those 4 digit code stickers on the existing machines, I think a "charge for motorcycles" discussion is going to be part of a much larger discussion of replacing these machines. Given the other transportation priorities at city hall right now and the cost for changing every machine in the city and putting in a new backend to support it and possibly even by-law changes, and the small amount of revenue motorcycles would contribute, I don't think we need to worry about this for years to come.

I hope you're right, but it had previously disappeared for 1 1/2 years, then appeared without any notice when we thought it was dead. I don't want that to happen again.

Pay-by-phone requires you to set up an account, which is backed by a credit card. The fine print allows them to withdraw any fines automatically. Needless to say, I won't be using it. And as you say, it will take a while for the implementation of 2-tier machines and the required by-law amendments to re-introduce fees. Hope they see the light and figure that its not worth the hassle.

Nothing on The June 8 agenda. Next meet is September 19th. Park happy this summer everyone!

....The fine print allows them to withdraw any fines automatically.....

MOTHER (*&@%#^$(*^*&%#!!!!!!!

Thanks for staying on top of this, Face! I check this one regularly, cuz downtown just isn't worth the hassle on 4-wheels :thumbup:

The last committee meeting was Tuesday. Sorry, I was asleep at the switch. Fortunately there was nothing on the agenda. Next meeting is October 18.

I missed this because it came under the headings about parking meters & machines, basically allowing the parking app. The City has added some good things for motorcycles at the end of 2017:

- It confirms that we can still park for free
- It legalizes the dedicated on-street motorcycle parking areas (between the yellow signs). Hopefully this means that the City can/will ticket and tow cars parked in these motorcycle areas
- It confirms that motorcycles are not subject to the posted time limits (usually 1 to 3 hours). Be clear, this doesn't allow us to go passed the rush hour parking prohibitions (i.e. no parking from 3:30 to 6:30 pm)

Thanks Ivanshadow for catching this.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Parking-Lots&p=2555354&viewfull=1#post2555354

Q: Are motorcycles exempt from overnight parking permit rules in residential areas? Seeing some conflicting info on this.

edit: Answering my own question, after calling the city like I should have in the first place — you need the permit, but it's free for motorcycles.

Last edited:
I've been asleep at the switch on this. Nothing on the April & May agendas. Next meeting is June 12th.

Given the improvements passed in December 2017 (post 216), I'm hoping they've given up on the idea of fees for motorcycles. But who knows, maybe if things go all pay by app or plate, it may come back.

Nothing on tomorrow's agenda. Next meeting, July 10, then nothing scheduled for the rest of the year because of the upcoming municipal election.

Back
Top Bottom