anyone buy a bike from a quebec dealer ?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone buy a bike from a quebec dealer ??

D

Dr. Luxurious

anyone ever buy a bike (new) from a quebec dealership and get it plated here ?
if so, how much of a hassle was it ?

thanks

use the search function. there's apparently a couple guys who had to go so much to get their money back/waited for nothing.

one of my buddies has done it twice ... he said easiest transaction ever. One bike he took the VIA train up there and rode it home. The other he had it transported down here (at his own cost).

Bought a zx10r from Trois rivers. Went there with a van and a buddy. Good deal, no hassle.

I know three guys that bought from quebec in the 2000, and rode them back...they arranged everything remotely and simply went to get.

thanks very much for the feedback guys...anyone know how the tax/plating thing works ?
does the dealer in quebec collect the hst and then you go to the mto here with the bill of sale and get the plates/sticker?
i dont want to get double taxed.

thanks again...

My friend just bought a bike from Quebec. Saved a bundle and is working out the taxes and shipping implications.

Sales experience was hassle free. He's waiting to see how much the shipping costs will add up to and if the new bikes gets home without a scratch.

Shipping cost quotes range from $200-$700 according to what he tells me.

So far he was only charged 5% GST.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/rgoutcan.shtml

I bought a bike from New Brunswick last fall ..... Atlantic Motoplex ...... fairly hassle free , shipping was only $600 , they were very good to deal with .... I paid the full taxes (13%) to them, showed the bill at the MTO , and no more taxes here at all, just the license sticker ... I did have to get a certification here though, as New Brunswick doesn't require it ..... Cheers, Les

I'm not sure where in Quebec you're thinking of buying but over here in the Ottawa area, the QC dealers across the river in Gatineau can plate in Ontario quite easily.

I bought a bike from New Brunswick last fall ..... Atlantic Motoplex ...... fairly hassle free , shipping was only $600 , they were very good to deal with .... I paid the full taxes (13%) to them, showed the bill at the MTO , and no more taxes here at all, just the license sticker ... I did have to get a certification here though, as New Brunswick doesn't require it ..... Cheers, Les

similar experience buying from a dealer in NS. Only $400 to deliver to my door (took 3 days). Licencing wasnt a problem if you read up here and on the ministry website what paperwork you need to do.

Why is it that so many bikes in Quebec substantially cheaper than those sold in Ontario?

ive bought my TL1000R from Quebec, the dealer made me pay the 7% tax there, and the other 6% here in ontario

Back
Top Bottom