a hypothetical question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

a hypothetical question

Ironic your concerned about the insurance ramifications of taking the bike on a public road, but not so much in a parking lot, (Now remember you specifically stated a "mall parking lot"). Now what if the bike gets away from you, (yes you stated you will be doing the speed limit, there is no "speed limit" in a parking lot yes there may be signs saying for example 5 km/h but those are not official speed signs and mean nothing).

You want to ride the bike more than "test it" and we have all seen the youtube videos of guys with "good intentions" of riding responsibility then doing something stupid.

What if some idiot comes around a corner and your involved in a collision. How do you think your insurance will fair after the other driver files a police report and your insurer finds out you were operating an uninsured vehicle? None of us who have had something "go south" on us ever set out planning on the worst case scenario..lol

As has been stated by those with a lot more experience, many of the issues don't even require the bike to be running little alone ridden.

First I'm not going to give the exact location of where I'm going but on a Sunday I'll be the only one there. Second its just for my piece of mind. Remember I'm a newbie and I just want to make sure everything is working before my first track day. I would hate to find out the I did something wrong with my brakes when I'm in a corner at the track.

The alternative is to bring the bike to a shop and let them do the minor mods (major mods for me) which would give me piece of mind but that money could be spent on track days.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Yes we get that your concerned. But as others who go to track days have said, your not going to be going WOT on the first session of the first track day. Also look at many of the other posts, "MOST" of the guys are willing to help out a newbie at the track they don't want you crashing, both for your sake as well as for theirs.

First I'm not going to give the exact location of where I'm going but on a Sunday I'll be the only one there. Second its just for my piece of mind. Remember I'm a newbie and I just want to make sure everything is working before my first track day. I would hate to find out the I did something wrong with my brakes when I'm in a corner at the track.

The alternative is to bring the bike to a shop and let them do the minor mods (major mods for me) which would give me piece of mind but that money could be spent on track days.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Sold a track bike on here a few years ago. Guy picked it up in October. He had to test it out, cold slicks on an Oct eve. He owned the bike for 1 day before trashing it.

Be careful, tires will be puckish.

Back
Top Bottom