M Licence - M2 exit course or Drive test Centre | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M Licence - M2 exit course or Drive test Centre

Easy as hell, skip the course for M2 exit, any test location is good, i did mine at downsview

any idea when you can start booking the M2 exit tests? was online and they don't do the tests til may 1 but when can you start booking them? should mention was on yesterday and it doesn't let you. Called and got a million machines, nobody answered the phone. Left a message and nobody called back. Typical govt.

Typical comment: Drivetest is a private company which has a licence (contract for 10 years) to conduct the test for the Ministry of Transportation.

This coming from a guy with terrible riding habits.

umm.... 95 teggy do yourself a favour and watch yourself in your videos....Any instructor who wouldda tried to fail you probably drives tractors in a farm and never has seen a motorcycle before! :p

Mine is up this year, well technically it was up last November but I didn't feel like doing the test in the cold. :lmao:

Probably going to go back to learning curves and do the riding day/test with them just because it's been long enough that I've probably gotten some bad habits and a refresher would be nice.

If you are not sure if you will pass the test, taking a course guarantees that you will.
The course focuses on teaching to ride properly and safely on the street.
They teach you what they will be checking for, then they test you. Easy as pie.

MTOHP will start the M2X this season.

http://www.mtohp.com/graduated-licensing.php

Sometime late April early May. i've called and they don't start booking appointments until mid March.

any idea when you can start booking the M2 exit tests? was online and they don't do the tests til may 1 but when can you start booking them? should mention was on yesterday and it doesn't let you. Called and got a million machines, nobody answered the phone. Left a message and nobody called back. Typical govt.

The Oshawa route is pretty easy. Did mine there last year. You get about 30 seconds on the 401 and off again. I think it was less than 15 minutes.

An aside I don't think the Oshawa DriveTest would exist were it not for driving schools from Toronto bringing their students there. Seems about 99% of them are from Toronto lol.

To top that my wife's driving instructor took her and 6 others in a minivan to Bancroft for her G2 lol.

Typical comment: Drivetest is a private company which has a licence (contract for 10 years) to conduct the test for the Ministry of Transportation.
and your point is? still a govt sanctioned agency....pointless comment

thanks mratwuk

I'm not happy with the service that my tax dollars pay for. Why can i not complain? It is still a govt agency is it not?

It's not mentioned online. How hard is it for the website to say that motorcylce road test can be booked after march 1 for example? So i am left dealing with their ridiculous phone system for 15 mins going through the options only to be transfered to an answering machine. I left a phone message nobody replied. Sounds like great service to me. Maybe i should take time out of my day and wait in the line for an hour just to ask them when i can book.

Andddddddd you still didn't answer the question but dumped on me.

Unfortunately they receive thousands of telephone inquiries every day. You can wait and wait, they probably will not call back as they don't have the staff for that. Your only solution is to go to your nearest test center, not Mondays or Fridays, go to the information desk not one of the other lines. The wait time for the information desk will range from 5-20 minutes depending on the length of the line-up; once you have the information you can book your test online if you don't want to wait any longer. If you aren't satisfied, while you are there you can ask to speak to a supervisor or manager, probably have to wait, but they will answer your questions. You will be able to speak to management at that time if you really want to.

I'd rather ask here and have someone tell me in two seconds. Thanks again MrAtWuk. And thanks for all your tips trebororr!!!! Really wouldn't have figured that out on my own that i could go to the office wait in line and ask them there.

Maybe if they receive thousands of inquires everyday then the website faq is lacking tons of basic information.

With those statements i have have to question whether you've taken the course, somehow I doubt it.

This gets silly. People should take the test way out of town, if their only ambition is to pass.
No sense wasting time failing in the more populated areas, or learning anything new.

Doubt all you want dude. Of course my only ambition was to pass and there was no need to take it "way out of town" since I have no issue with my confidence level nor with these scary "bad habits" that folks terrorize little children with.

M2 exit course doesn't make you a better bike rider, it prepares you for the test. When the cost is 5x that of ministry, you have to use your own motorcycle and you've already been on the streets for a couple of years or so, I don't see the point.

When I want to better myself, I'll go on the track (which I plan to do) or take a course designed for improving my riding skill (which I may do). Money well spent.

When I took M1 exit with RTI I didn't know how to ride and I wanted to try out all different types of bikes so in that particular case it was beneficial and I enjoyed it. M2 exit however, is hard to justify spending $400 on, as an already experienced motorcycle rider.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom