Rode in yesterday's snow, then made a video of putting the bike in the garage [Video] | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rode in yesterday's snow, then made a video of putting the bike in the garage [Video]

I still ride every day, and yesterday's snow was no exception.
Took the Ural to work at Spadina & Adelaide, and then decided to make a quick video of putting her into the garage.

Lots of fun, though had to engage two-wheel drive to not get stuck in the snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3pX4T0fmxM
That's awesome. I'm jealous. I rode sunday night after the game but I had to park it yesterday, and I ended up saying screw it today as well. I'm sure I could have rode today and might go run some errands this evening quickly. I've been thinking 2WD Sidecar rig, snowtires etc. I think it'll be damn near impossible though, or cost way more than it's worth. Having only 2 wheels instead of 3, and no snow tires makes it quite tiring and risky driving in that junk. Today would have been ok but I didn't dress for it and didn't feel like going through changing warming up the bike etc. That alley looks pretty central. How far is your commute?

eoszlak, it would be scary going out there without the third wheel. It's fun to drift and slide around corners, as long as no one's around or parked nearby.
The alley is around Bloor and Ossington, and work is nearby at Adelaide and Spadina.

Lots of fun! The video's not super exciting, but now I want to record some more snow driving.

Next to me, I think that you are pretty darn cool.

I was on two wheels yesterday too! Darn cool but only a push-bike...

eoszlak, it would be scary going out there without the third wheel. It's fun to drift and slide around corners, as long as no one's around or parked nearby.
The alley is around Bloor and Ossington, and work is nearby at Adelaide and Spadina.

Lots of fun! The video's not super exciting, but now I want to record some more snow driving.

That's not a bad commute at all. I've ridden a side car rig once or twice but not a Ural and not any decent amount, just around the block. I did enjoy the corners didn't get to drifting but there was also no snow and no 2WD. It was no Ural! LOL. Do you have GoPro? If not you need one for the winter for sure! lol Or a chase car to get some footage. As fa as riding with only 2 wheels, not 3, in a word scary; yes. But fun as well. Every time I was happy and smooth sailing the next thing I knew I was fighting to keep the bike straight and upright, the packed driven on snow and streetcar tracks redirect the front wheel either way and the back wheel just spins half the time, either way it was more intense and tiring then anything. Occasionally scary but more so interesting and tiring. My shoulders and back were sore from riding Sunday night for 2 hours in this $h!t. Can't wait till some of it melts or just spring in general. I did enjoy the ride though either way.

I was on two wheels yesterday too! Darn cool but only a push-bike...
Like a Bicycle? Koudos to you. I saw a few guys riding bicycles yesterday and was pretty impressed it looked like a lot of work. I didn't see any road bikes though, all mountain bikes or hybrids with knobbys, and I've got a vintage road bicycle with 700c type tires. I didn't even bother. I've ridden in less snow and it was as much work as riding my bike in the snow Sunday night. It wasn't worth it.

Last edited:
Do you hook it up to a battery charger every night? How's the battery coping in the cold weather

Do you hook it up to a battery charger every night? How's the battery coping in the cold weather

The battery is going to discharge slower in the cold so no need to hook it up to a charger. However, keeping it warm might help with the cranking power when starting.

That Ural is a cool rig.

I always see you riding that around in sub zero conditions. I work in the Spadina Adalaide area too. props man

No, I don't do anything special with the battery. I keep it in a garage overnight, where the temp hovers around 0 degrees. Then, 8 hours outside during the day. During very cold days I'll do a few kick starts, then pull the choke and it cranks right away. 95% of the time, though, just choke and starter gets er going.

I still ride every day, and yesterday's snow was no exception.
Took the Ural to work at Spadina & Adelaide, and then decided to make a quick video of putting her into the garage.

Lots of fun, though had to engage two-wheel drive to not get stuck in the snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3pX4T0fmxM

Cool bike dude!

I was that guy on yesterday (tuesday) that gave you a thumbs up when you were stopped at the intersection of Mississauga Rd. and Collegeway.

Nice to see people still riding

awesome! bike from the motherland :p

Back
Top Bottom