Rant: Snake crap eating scumballs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rant: Snake crap eating scumballs

nobbie48

Site Supporter
A friends sister died and within a week "Friends and relatives" have walked off with thousands of dollars worth of "Remembrances". The will hasn't even been dealt with yet. They would make a vulture puke.

What make people this despicable? (They aren't poor)

Rant over.

At risk of sounding racist here, but what culture are we talking about?

I've never seen anything like that happen with my friends or family that have died.

Don't ever be surprised with friends and family and what they are capable of when it comes to anything of monetary value. I went through hell and back being the executor after my father died selling his house in Toronto and then splitting the funds. Like you said they didn't need it but free makes people go apeshit.

At risk of sounding racist here, but what culture are we talking about?

I've never seen anything like that happen with my friends or family that have died.

FFS
Why does race matter?
Money, Crime, Taxes, and DEATH have no color, race, gender, or religion.

If I stabbed you with a 8 inch knife and blood was pouring out of your heart are you going to worry about what race I am or worry about the knife in you???
Would you feel better being stabbed by someone that looks just like you?

Ok... race was the wrong word. I meant culture. You can relax now.

My background is from a people that are known to be incredibly cheap/frugal, yet never once have I heard about or seen anyone ask for or take a piece of property from the deceased.

When my grandparents died, on both sides, all of the small items were sold off first in a family auction, then the rest sold in a public option. All of the money from the proceeds of these auctions as well as the sale of any major assets like property were then split evenly among the children (i.e., my parents). If that generation decided to share with their kids, that was up to them. There was absolutely no taking of anything outside of the auction and the money was split completely even.

My background is from a people that are known to be incredibly cheap/frugal, yet never once have I heard about or seen anyone ask for or take a piece of property from the deceased.

When my grandparents died, on both sides, all of the small items were sold off first in a family auction, then the rest sold in a public option. All of the money from the proceeds of these auctions as well as the sale of any major assets like property were then split evenly among the children (i.e., my parents). If that generation decided to share with their kids, that was up to them. There was absolutely no taking of anything outside of the auction and the money was split completely even.

and you still don't get it:lmao:

and you still don't get it:lmao:

You are right, I don't, because not only is my family like that, every family I have even known closely has been like that... so I guess I don't get it.

FFS
Why does race matter?
Money, Crime, Taxes, and DEATH have no color, race, gender, or religion.

If I stabbed you with a 8 inch knife and blood was pouring out of your heart are you going to worry about what race I am or worry about the knife in you???
Would you feel better being stabbed by someone that looks just like you?

Somebody slip you bogus crib sheet?

You must have been a hobbit!

You must have been a hobbit!

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.

So are you saying that your family is not as honest as mine? That property of the deceased would be stolen before the body is even in the grave?

A friends sister died and within a week "Friends and relatives" have walked off with thousands of dollars worth of "Remembrances". The will hasn't even been dealt with yet. They would make a vulture puke.

Rant over.

This is how family members stop talking to each other. Someone crosses a new line by grabbing too much, someone else gets a lawyer involved, then they all take a blood feud to their graves. Seems stupidly shortsighted to me, but for all we know they already hated each other.

I'm glad I will never have this problem, the only thing my father will have that's worth anything will be his vehicle and maybe a guitar or two. I love the guy, but pretty certain there will be a rapid consensus on getting a bin, a bulldozer and a ramp and just pushing his entire shop into the bin(s)

This is how family members stop talking to each other. Someone crosses a new line by grabbing too much, someone else gets a lawyer involved, then they all take a blood feud to their graves. Seems stupidly shortsighted to me, but for all we know they already hated each other.

(s)

1000000000000 % Agree with this statement

This is how family members stop talking to each other. Someone crosses a new line by grabbing too much, someone else gets a lawyer involved, then they all take a blood feud to their graves.

I have the distinctly unlucky situation of being the executor of my mother's will (simply because I am the only logical person left alive in the family). My sisters would be a main attraction draw at an illegal cage fight card (not kidding - blood feud of doom here), and both feel entitled to inheritance (both have asked for early inheritance already) -- me, I tell my mom to spend willy-nilly and enjoy herself.

Could I see my sisters grabbing whatever they could out of my mother's home to make sure they get their fair share? Absolutely.
Completely wrong and disgusting... it reached the point I refuse to spend any time with more than 1 of my family members at a time.

So yes, I understand the OP's question completely. When a family is disfunctional and siblings are more interested in their own gain, this exact situation is guaranteed to occur.

Sounds like a good system.

My friend's family is WASP FWIW.

My theory is that if you see your kids live into their 30's you will see if they are good with finances or not. If they are good then they won't need yours and if they're bad they'll only waste it. So spend it yourself.

Rant over.

Awful. Thank god my family wasn't like that when my dad died. My brother made a point of visiting him while he was in palliative care during his last few months at the hospital and simply asked for an advance on his inheritance. Very proactive of him.

Back
Top Bottom