Windshield replacement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Windshield replacement

inreb

Site Supporter
Sounds simple. Is it? Are there any do's and don't when shopping for installer? I've booked an appointment for next Friday. The crack is long. I can here it squeeking. It stops when I put my hand on it. What are the chances it will cave in at speed? Life is a daily struggle.

I used this guy for my Mercedes

https://plus.google.com/109552267362176911682/about?gl=ca&hl=en

done when promised, and I didn't even pay a nickel, my insurance covered it fully, I just dropped off the car and picked it up at the end of the day

even Mercedes dealership didn't have the glass in stock, and they source out their installers as well

If you're ever in the Toronto area, let me know. Can get you one installed for cheap. And no, it's not the cheap Chinese glass.

If you're ever in the Toronto area, let me know. Can get you one installed for cheap. And no, it's not the cheap Chinese glass.

Thx. $265+tax sounds pretty cheap to me. Are they really making any money on this?

It's not horribly overpriced, but it's not that cheap either. Also depends on the car.

I had no clue what it cost. I assumed it would be pricey. First call I made came in at $330. I almost booked it but I told the nice lady it's my first inquiry and I owe it to myself to check around. Right away she remembered some discount to apply-$300-you book now!! Next call came in at $265. I booked it. Are they giving me Chinese glass?

Ask them the brand and let me know. I'll confirm it with my glass guy.

ok thanks

do you not have insurance ? it should not cost you out of pocket at all ?

the glass alone on the Mercedes was 900 bucks, and it was OEM glass, even has the Mercedes logo in it, now add the seal kit, the labor and we were close to 2 grand, all covered by insurance, and my rates don't go up, checked with my broker, and the Insurance company, they actually told me it was not going to cost me a nickel.

A lot of insurance policies no longer cover glass. Check first, some only cover the chips and the chip repairs go on your record.

1000 deductible

paid $300 cash to replace the glass on my truck from these guys... That was last year and never had a problem. I'd go back

https://goo.gl/maps/TVpmo

Honest question what difference does Chinese glass make it is the same thing as long as it meets the standards right?

sent from a device using a program

Paid $400 last year after a chunk of ice fell off a van and smashed my windshield. I have done one before myself, but I got some advice from an experienced installer and if you don't have the correct tools it is a PITA. It's worth it to hold your nose and pay the money. After about a week take it through the car wash and check for leaks.

Honest question what difference does Chinese glass make it is the same thing as long as it meets the standards right?

You'd hope that's the case. What's the Chinese product experience so far? Seriously, I've been in a coma for two decades.

A coworker used the cheap stuff and after a year it was hazed and scratched and substantially worse looking than the windshield it replaced (10 yo original windshield).

Almost everything we buy is made in China now I put a new Chinese windshield in the gf's highlander 200 all in and no issues. It is just a couple of pieces of glass with some plastic in between.

Back
Top Bottom