25 price drop | GTAMotorcycle.com

25 price drop

LoneRonin

So...I just turned 25 last week and had 3 tickets come off my record, I cancelled my old policy right away and got a new one.

The details:

25 Single Male, 403/Dundas area Mississauga side
09 Ninja 250, GM riding since 09
1 ticket (49 over), finally down to just one ****ing ticket!!
0 claims/accidents

Last year I was paying $2500 (207.5x monthly), with 2 tickets at Intact. When they bought out Jevco and jacked the rates I had 5-6 tickets or so under the radar so I sucked it up and stuck with them and the 250, any changes to my policy would blow my cover...

I called them in September wanting to cancel my policy for the year because I broke my wrist and they were hosing me, it would have been 500 bucks and change for the cancellation. I continued paying, my wrist got good enough to ride and I kept going til end of November so it was ok. Called them again to cancel last week and I was glad to hear they'd be owing me 60 something bucks. They wanted me to stay and said they would switch me over to the new rate of 1658.00 full coverage $500 deductable, I told them to piss off, I was paying $1800 with Jevco 4 years ago.

The best company for me turned out to be TD, called just about all of them and TD was cheaper by $200-300 than their nearest competitors (Aviva, Rider's Plus). Their prices are:

$1066- Comp. + Collision
$992- Comp.
$970- Fire+Theft
$947- Liability

For the difference of peanuts I went with full coverage. They were all cool and then looked my record and saw my suspension for HTA 172. I explained that it was just an admin. suspension, had nothing to do with my minor speeding conviction (49 over). On his end it showed Admin Suspension Time/ Date and "Street Racing/Stunting" then he was like oh..."Let me just put you on hold and speak to my colleagues" put me on hold for 5 minutes came back and said I was good to go, it doesn't change anything. I was surprised my 3 day drinking one didn't come up :D. So that sets aside the myth for you guys, if they and **** you with that those ******** suspensions don't let them.

Last edited:
I had completely forgotten about SF and they were the cheapest at $996.00 full coverage, so I cancelled with TD which was supposed to start tomorrow and signed up with SF. Quoted a 2007 ZX6 as well and it was only $1986!! Cheaper than what I paid for the 250 for last 3 seasons. Both bikes would cost me $250 a month, last season I was paying $207 just for the 250. Wtf do these guys really think just magically happens at 25?

Last edited:
Time to give your sister her bike back and get something more manly! ;)

I know eh...I actually wish I had another rider in the family. I'm stuck with the 250 until I put aside another 6-7 grand. I had it too, but then my car got to be a headache and I spent a little more than I should have on a replacement. Its a nice 06 TL stick shift so I'm happier than if I just got beater for a few grand.

For this price though I will likely keep both insured. I wouldn't want to put the type of mileage on a SS that I did on my 250.

I'm only kidding, I think you know that. But at 25 YO, you can insure an SS for less than what you were paying for your 250.

I am also thinking of getting a bike this summer. I got M2, Im 22. Do you think it will cost me about $2k for a 250? & if we they ask us to pay the insurance for the year upfront, what happens if i cancel the insurance during November ?

Your paying $1k on collision a year on a bike worth $3k top. :s

at SF the difference between full and liability only came out about 6 bucks a month. Wtf is the point of being a cheap bastard over that:confused:

I am also thinking of getting a bike this summer. I got M2, Im 22. Do you think it will cost me about $2k for a 250? & if we they ask us to pay the insurance for the year upfront, what happens if i cancel the insurance during November ?

Yea, roughly 2000-2500 at least. No way to know without calling though. If you cancel in November you will get very little if any money back, then if you try to get insured the next season they may try and screw you because of the lapse.

Last edited:
That is expensive for someone 25.

I just turned 25, still have my old ninja 250, paying $688 liability only a year. 1 ticket, 1 year insurance history, no discount, no car attached, it is a new policy.

For full insurance, it's similar to your rate, but who would need that for a ninja 250!? Nobody steals it and if you crash they will only pay you $2-$3k, minus the premium you are paying, is it worth it? Thanks

at SF the difference between full and liability only came out about 6 bucks a month. Wtf is the point of being a cheap bastard over that:confused:

I don't think he was calling you cheap, but rather hmm...... unsmart

The way TD and maybe SF in your reference, is they deliberately set the rate to make you buy full insurance, so they get more money. But it seems like you are happy with it, so let it be folks. Thanks

or I totally read that wrong. $6/m not too bad, but the pay out from that will end up screwing you in rate increase in the years afterwards.

That is expensive for someone 25.

I just turned 25, still have my old ninja 250, paying $688 liability only a year. 1 ticket, 1 year insurance history, no discount, no car attached, it is a new policy.

For full insurance, it's similar to your rate, but who would need that for a ninja 250!? Nobody steals it and if you crash they will only pay you $2-$3k, minus the premium you are paying, is it worth it? Thanks

My liability insurance is about $220 more than yours. Where are you located?

I'm downtown- 25 new rider, clean record, GM2, 2011 CBR250. $79/mo full, $69/mo liability with SF (no car on policy).

I have a lot more experience but considering my ticket the fact that I'm only paying $4 more with a modded 250 isn't bad...

I was paying 1,100 first year riding @25 last year with TDMM
Now paying $9xx, on an '07 ex500.

Also could pay $80/year more for full coverage, but not worth the subsequent increase on premium for a cheapo-throwaway-bike.

I was paying 1,100 first year riding @25 last year with TDMM
Now paying $9xx, on an '07 ex500.

Also could pay $80/year more for full coverage, but not worth the subsequent increase on premium for a cheapo-throwaway-bike.

That's one way to look at it, but another way is $6.50/month. I'm paying an extra $9/mo on a $3k bike.

That's one way to look at it, but another way is $6.50/month. I'm paying an extra $9/mo on a $3k bike.

Is true, but are you really going to use it when you need to claim?? It would seem to be more wise not to so your premium dont go up the next year, which will likely be more than $9/mth. Just 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom