CargoSmart S-Curve Ramp? | GTAMotorcycle.com

CargoSmart S-Curve Ramp?

AF4iK

Site Supporter
Has anyone used this ramp before? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. It's on sale at CT right now for $99. As far as I can tell CT is the only store that sells it.

http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cargosmart-hybrid-s-curve-loading-ramp-0403099p.html

0403099_3

What are you loading?

Just the bike. I'm in the market for ramps and happened to see this in the flyer today. I've never seen a curve like that in a ramp.

Looks really compact and can hold 750lbs.. and that curve looks like it would make it very hard to bottom out the bike at the top too.. I'd buy one for a hundo..

I just went out and bought it. Sale ends today and figure I might as well get it out of the way.
Yea I like that it folds together without any gaps like some other ramps. It's pretty thick though. I'd say about 1.5 times as thick as the typical ramp.

i like using 2 ramps, 1 for the bike and one for me to walk up. it also depends on how high your truck is though, if its say a 2wd s10 no issues, but a fullsize chev 1500 with a lift, 2 ramps.

I have a F-150. I'd like a second ramp but I've been spending too much lately so it'll have to wait a while. The plan is to buy a Ready Ramp which acts as a bed extender when not in use.

i like using 2 ramps, 1 for the bike and one for me to walk up. it also depends on how high your truck is though, if its say a 2wd s10 no issues, but a fullsize chev 1500 with a lift, 2 ramps.

Same here, ram 2500, the tailgate is like 3 1/2' off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bike will bottom out on that ramp. You want one that arcs up. So when you get near the end the back wheel is as high as possible

I could use a ramp from the ground no problem into my 05 1500. Now I need someone to lift the back of the bike almost off the ramp to get it into my 2500. I love my trailer.

Your bike will bottom out on that ramp. You want one that arcs up. So when you get near the end the back wheel is as high as possible

This. I have a set of arched ramps, I've never bottomed out any bike on them. The dip at the bottom of those ramps almost guarantees bottoming out. IMO

The dip at the bottom of those ramps almost guarantees bottoming out. IMO

How could that be? If that ever happened they would pull it off the market, wouldn't they? Or. Hey, this doesn't really work so good let's sell it for half price because shareholders.

Yea I was a little concerned about bottoming out due to the slightly steeper approach angle once you get mid-way up the ramp. But it's a 90" ramp so I'm hopeful it'll be fine. I've seen SS bikes being loaded on shorter conventional ramps so hopefully the extra slope length will compensate. I'll post again when spring comes around and I've had a chance to use it. Someone has to be the guinea pig :)

Plan B: I'm most likely buying a Ready Ramp anyway. I can always use that to load the bike. Worst case scenario, if I decide I hate the S-curve I'll just sell it.

I have a F-150. I'd like a second ramp but I've been spending too much lately so it'll have to wait a while. The plan is to buy a Ready Ramp which acts as a bed extender when not in use.
ready ramp looks kinda awesome, i like that it turns into a bed extender and i was thinkin about getting a bed extender.
but still think the 2nd ramp is a good idea for loading and unloading nomatter what brand.
Same here, ram 2500, the tailgate is like 3 1/2' off the ground.

i usually park my truck on the road with the back wheels at the bottom of the driveway, i get the tailgate about 8 inches closer to the ground. way less incline and much easier.
just gota find a good grade to set up on.
my truck is getting lifted this summer, with the taller tires ill be about 4" higher than currently. ive got a new chev 1500

I use a short and wide tri-fold ramp.
If I can't find a slight hill or curb to park the front wheels on, I have a pair of ramps I drive the nose of my van up onto.....raise the nose = lowering the rear and tipping the approach angle down.

The exact same ramps I have, CT sale 2 years ago at $79.99. Work great. With the arches I can load my riding mower into the back of my dodge ram, and the cutting deck doesn't bottom out. That's saying something about the arched design.

just going to bump this because those ramps i posted are on sale for $99 this week for a set of 2.
if you just want 1, find someone to split it with but personally IMO 2 ramps is best for loading bikes.

heres the link again.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/8...-loading-ramp-pair-0407820p.html#.VOKxJvnF98F

be prepared to put them together, not a single part is assembled when you buy them.

Anyone have an extra ramp they want to get rid of? I really only need one to load onto my Harbor Freight trailer, it is pretty low to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom