Biker Day at BMO Field with Toronto FC Game | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker Day at BMO Field with Toronto FC Game

rkid052

guys,

I work for Toronto FC and am also an avid rider (f4i). I'm organizing a massive Biker Day at BMO Field this summer on a TFC game day. I've reached out to a few clubs and they are all loving the idea and on board.

I want to bring up to this forum to get some feedback from you beautiful bastards as well.

In my mind, it is like any other large biker gathering (think Woodbine Mall or something like that) but on the BMO grounds. We will celebrate bikes, riders, and soccer, along with a charity to be determined. We will take over to be determined space on the BMO grounds and show off our awesome community. The idea is that in order to participate in the biker day you have to buy a ticket to the game (any price! and start as low as $20)

We will roar through the city as a big pack with awesome TFC flags given to all the riders to show our support for the boys on the pitch. There will be a procession that will turn heads and end at BMO Field through the awesome Princes' Gates. And maybe a large ride somewhere up north after the game for those willing...

So...i would love to hear everything from this community. I know we're in the depths of winter but large-scale events take a while to plan. Guys, i can make this happen if we want it. Internally, I've convinced the top brass here. what do YOU think!??

thanks,

John

Great idea. My brother plays for the academy and id love to support tfc while supporting the bike culture at the same time.

I think its a great idea. I am sure there will be a ton of willing participants. Its just hard to imagine while its snowing.. lol

I would be there. I'm at every game due to work as well anyways. Where do you park ?

Great idea. My brother plays for the academy and id love to support tfc while supporting the bike culture at the same time.

If he was playing during the CSL days for the senior academy (2seasons ago), I most likely recognize him.

Great idea! Any idea on what day for this? Hopefully a weekend as I doubt I'll be able to make it during the week.

I'd love to take the woman for a quick ride around then go see a game. We've always wanted to go to a game. Great excuse to take both of my loves out for a day. :p

Maybe get a few bike vendors in the parking lot as well? Like a bike wash station! I wouldn't mind getting a few bugs off the bike after the ride down. Also, maybe have a coat check with some security. I would image that some people(like myself) might want to drop off their gear before going to the game. I can only imagine how hot it would get in there during the summer months with all the gear on, or even just a jacket. I'd pay $5-$10 depending on the amount of items that I'd drop off.

What will be charged for parking?

Keep the comments and opinions rolling. This WILL happen this year, it's just a matter of figuring out some minor logistical issues like where we would park and things like that. But please, send the word out to your rider friends, family, clubs, groups, etc.

My contact is john.kalogiannides@mlse.com

I can't say if it will be possible to get a few players out but I can certainly put in the ask. Guys and gals, this is in the very early stages of planning but please spread the word to your networks. I want this to be massive, bikes taking over a TFC game! Remember, in order to participate you would have to buy a ticket to the game.

Great idea! Any idea on what day for this? Hopefully a weekend as I doubt I'll be able to make it during the week.

I'd love to take the woman for a quick ride around then go see a game. We've always wanted to go to a game. Great excuse to take both of my loves out for a day. :p

Maybe get a few bike vendors in the parking lot as well? Like a bike wash station! I wouldn't mind getting a few bugs off the bike after the ride down. Also, maybe have a coat check with some security. I would image that some people(like myself) might want to drop off their gear before going to the game. I can only imagine how hot it would get in there during the summer months with all the gear on, or even just a jacket. I'd pay $5-$10 depending on the amount of items that I'd drop off.

What will be charged for parking?

we're on the same page Touchit. Pending approval from security and buildings ops, we will get vendors down and have a biker 'coat check' for helmets and gear so you don't have to lug it into the stadium. bike wash station sounds good too! i highly doubt we will charge for parking but it is too early to tell...

LOL .......TFC what a waste of good turf. I would rather watch a u-18 oysl game better product at least its competitive. The only thing the TFC do well is sell beer in the stands more then the leafs and blue jays combined. Hell I would have to be drunk to watch such a poor product on the field. This year will be no different then any other once a player like Dafoe or Giovinco sees the quality of soccer here they high tail it outta here. I bet they still don`t make the playoffs and next year the revolving door keeps a spinning.

Maybe make a pitch for Ronaldo or Messi to buy some credibility

Btw rkid052 if its you that keeps calling me to renew my seasons tickets from 4-5 years ago give up not interested unless you sign one of the 2 above

LMAO

Last edited:
I like the ideas of a bike wash, jacket/helmet storage, and prefer parking.

But for the love of god, please keep bike vendors away. Not interested in motorcycle gear at this event. Make it focus on TFC & football, and not flea market junk please.

Great idea!
Tickets are also cheaper in group buys, maybe something can be organized.

exactly! if clubs or organizations or even individuals purchase 10 + tickets tickets will be heavily discounted by 25-35% (not yet determined). no vendors eh? ok that's good feedback. what do we think of vendors?

I like the ideas of a bike wash, jacket/helmet storage, and prefer parking.

But for the love of god, please keep bike vendors away. Not interested in motorcycle gear at this event. Make it focus on TFC & football, and not flea market junk please.

Wait....Toronto has a football team other than the Argos?

I'm in, don't care about vendors, but too many will make it a bit of a joke. Group buy on tickets would make it ideal. Complimentary TFC flags, Bike parking and somewhere to check our gear/coats would be ideal. I'd love to bring my other half for a ride and a game but our gear together would be quite cumbersome to carry around or store on/with the bike for the game. Maybe we can all get a box together. LOL. Whats the "seating/standing capacity of those? That'd be great! I've only been once and had box seats. Great game. More realistically we should be seated together though as well as have parking together and have a group buy on tickets.

Back
Top Bottom