Insurance for an enduro? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for an enduro?

Mina

Site Supporter
Called a few places, TD was the cheapest @ $964/full coverage, 2 million liability.

Rider's plus and Intact were ~$1100/year.
State Farm was ~$1400/year.
RBC was ~$2200/year.

All with the same coverage/options.

Bike: 2012 KTM 500 EXC
Male, 29 YO, Ajax, clean record.

On a side note, if you're with State Farm, can you post up your agent's info and a small review?
Bonny @ Trina Owen's office is not a pleasant person to deal with and she's the only who answers the phone.
Sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about half the time.

That is crazy I pay under 200 a year each with TD melloch on my enduros, my 1190 is only 600 with them full coverage.

Only motorcycle insurance, no car, house, or any other policies to tag along.

I have a 2002 Husky CR250 (blue plated) that I pay 600$ in Brampton. TD was the cheapest for me.

I'm with Intact, they told me last year that all Ktm's carry a premium as they only have performance models. I was like wtf? Not sure if true, but that's what my broker said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Intact, they told me last year that all Ktm's carry a premium as they only have performance models. I was like wtf? Not sure if true, but that's what my broker said.

TD fed me the same line about ducati. They wanted 4k for a 2011 848 :lmao:

I'm curious to see what happens Mina. I've been thinking about a drz but feared the ridiculous rates onterrible insurance companies are allowed to charge.

TD fed me the same line about ducati. They wanted 4k for a 2011 848 :lmao:

I'm curious to see what happens Mina. I've been thinking about a drz but feared the ridiculous rates onterrible insurance companies are allowed to charge.

I just talked to my broker, 2015 ktm500 exc, 2 mil liability, full coverage 250 deductible, $772/year.
I've been bike shopping lately. Recent quotes from Intact, all with same coverage as above:
2009 fz1-$714
2009 fz6-$669
2010 Vstrom 1000-$740
2015 fz9-$720

I just talked to my broker, 2015 ktm500 exc, 2 mil liability, full coverage 250 deductible, $772/year.
I've been bike shopping lately. Recent quotes from Intact, all with same coverage as above:
2009 fz1-$714
2009 fz6-$669
2010 Vstrom 1000-$740
2015 fz9-$720

What are you like 80 years old? Lol... Is it a stand alone policy or multiple?

The DRZ should be stupid cheap, I thought I was going to be around the $600-$700 mark for the KTM but I was mistaken.

Purely because it's a ktm? Or is this partially an under 30 thing? I'm going to call just to see what td says and yes I'm over 30

Edit: Td on a drz for me. 673 full coverage 585 liability only.

Maybe that's a bike to look into if you're not determined to have the ktm?

Last edited:
What are you like 80 years old? Lol... Is it a stand alone policy or multiple?

42, male living in Angus, population 8000, if you include base Borden. Clean abstract, 0 accidents, 0 tickets. Same broker, dealing with Intact for the last 5 years. My car, truck, boat, house are all with cooperators, bike is a stand alone with Intact.

one big factor to bear in mind is your Postal Code when getting a quote. Here in TO where I unhappily reside, my rate is $690. I put the same info in the online quoter using my Dads postal code near Algonquin park, and my rate would be $321.

I have a question for every one:
Why do you guys keep comparing rates??
You don't know anything about the other person: Age, discounts, coverage's, driving record, where they live.
All of that has a dramatic change in premium, I quoted myself $1100/year full coverage, $2M liability, $500/deductibles for a 2014 Kawasaki ZX10R.
What do you know about me, and why my rates are reasonably priced??

I'm just trying to make a point, that there is no point in comparing rates, no one is the same.

When I asked why insurance is so high here I was told it's my "demographic" so it's interesting to see if anyone here is similar and what rates they get.

When I asked why insurance is so high here I was told it's my "demographic" so it's interesting to see if anyone here is similar and what rates they get.

Yes, where you live makes up 20% of your rates, you still have 80% remaining that goes to, discounts, coverage's, age, driving record. In other words the person that lives across from you can be paying double or half of your premium.
Unless you know your neighbour circumstances it's pointless to compare rates.

I have a question for every one:
Why do you guys keep comparing rates??
You don't know anything about the other person: Age, discounts, coverage's, driving record, where they live.
All of that has a dramatic change in premium, I quoted myself $1100/year full coverage, $2M liability, $500/deductibles for a 2014 Kawasaki ZX10R.
What do you know about me, and why my rates are reasonably priced??

I'm just trying to make a point, that there is no point in comparing rates, no one is the same.

... because for the vast majority of users here on GTAM insurance is just a "black hole" that is paid into, with no need to understand why they're paying into this "black hole", or even what paying into this "black hole" gets them in return.
Insurance is a MYSTERY that cannot be understood, but must be paid.

Back
Top Bottom