2015 SOAR Rulebook including Ontario & Quebec Championship Point Structure | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 SOAR Rulebook including Ontario & Quebec Championship Point Structure

Without changing the points as they are. Maybe adding. A bonus points system. For most laps led. And fastest lap???? Theres your insentive to push. Say. 2 for laps led and 1 for fastest. Maybe 1 if you break the class record???

There are rules in place saying you need to be within a certain % of the leaders pace but I have never seen the rule enforced. So far I have never encountered traffic that was an issue but I have seen it in other races.

I hope that rule would be enforced when the speed differential is so big that it can be safety concern and can affect the outcome of a race.

"Any bike/rider entered must be able to consistently lap at no less than 125% of the pole sitters pace."
That's a big gap right?. If pole sitter laps at 1.00 then cut off is 1:15? (60 sec x 1.25 = 75 sec)
Ex. Tomas Casas laps at 1:48 , Am 600 at Shanny, Long Track ( 108 sec x 125% = 138 sec ) That's a 2:18.
seems like way too big a gap, or am i shamefully failing math today.

It's a big difference, but the number of entrants in ANY roadracing class lately hasn't been such that we ought to be turning people away.

In a 10 lap race, no one will get lapped unless they are more than 10% off the leader's lap times.

Track layouts at all of the involved tracks are such that no one is going to come up on a slower rider by surprise.

It's a whole lot harder to pass someone going 1% slower, than it is to pass someone going 10% slower. Enormous hordes of slower riders might be more of a challenge, but the number of total entries haven't been enough for this to be of any concern. That's a problem that I wish we had ... but we don't.

Right/wrong?

I'm just happy we have somewhere to
Race. Don't care about rule changes or points , in the end you spend 10k for some
Plaques and lots of lifetime memories. Damn
Good ones with damn good company

Race. Don't care about rule changes or points , in the end you spend 10k for some
TJ "GoodTimes" Surette

I expect better from you.

Been away from this a little while and was wondering about something. Also just wanna say a big thank you to Ken and Chris for all the work they do organizing the racing series here in Ontario.

Is it still common practice to turn away friends/family/spectators unless they pay entry fees?
I know that used to be the case. I understand this was obviously some revenue for the track from those (few) that did come and pay, but a huge deterrent for promoting the sport.
Is that little bit of cover charge money worth turning people away from the sport?

I don't ask this in a negative way, rather to question whether this could be changed to better promote racing?
Not permanently, perhaps maybe until the sport comes back to life?
Plenty of times I've had friends and family that showed interest to come see what racing is all about until they heard it's minimum $25.00 per person to come sit between a rusty trailer and porta-potty to watch some awesome racing. Same goes for the extra $50.00 or more expense the racer ends up paying to have the wife come or someone to help in the pits.
Just thinking of ways to promote the sport for both competitors and also spectators. Lots of folks out there like to watch some good racing but might not feel there is much incentive to pay.

Just a thought. I don't know very much about organizing and all the work involved in running a racing series (and imagine a tremendous amount of work goes into it), but thinking of ways to make racing more popular to those that aren't already doing it. Maybe if the series can attract more people to come and see what it's all about then folks might be more likely to spread the word and come back more often.

I somewhat of agree with Serialize. CSBK allows every entrant a crew pass for the weekend. Why can't we have something similar with the regionals? Maybe we can buy one or two crew passes with our annual license. I know some racers will happily pay an additional $25-50 on top of their license for a transferable crew pass that's good for the year.

Csbk is 25 per event for crew pass/hot pit pass

I think you're thinking of RACE, not CSBK. Every CSBK entrant receives a free crew pass for the weekend, all additional crew passes are an extra $45-60 depending on the track.

Last edited:
Ya 50 for 2 hot pit / crew

So you received a free crew pass as I said, and paid $50 for additional crew pass, all additional passes would have been another $50 each. Unfortunately that doesn't make them $25 each, but I wish you were right.

Back
Top Bottom