Reliably, Reasonably Price Tires? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reliably, Reasonably Price Tires?

Still not sure where to be buying my tires... but I've decided on which ones to get.

Hope a dealer can reach out with a better deal!

http://www.petes-superbike.com/11070zr17-pilot-road-p-392.html
http://www.petes-superbike.com/14070r17-tltt-pilot-street-rear-p-47556.html

Looks like I'm faced with a rough $300 drop for a pair of new rubbers on my 250R.
Might make sense to drop in on a cycle shop to see what they have, or just get it shipped since it's $277~ for the tires and $27 for shipping to my address.

Not that I know due to size but is there any other options for you? When compared, your 140 rear is $17 cheaper than my 180. Doesn't seem like that should be right. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Bought these yesterday for my 250

http://dynamiccycleparts.com/product.sc?productId=4541&categoryId=252
http://dynamiccycleparts.com/product.sc?productId=4539&categoryId=252

and it came out to 250+tax which is $2 more than petes.

Nice thing is it's 5 minutes away from where I work in Vaughan.

Not that I know due to size but is there any other options for you? When compared, your 140 rear is $17 cheaper than my 180. Doesn't seem like that should be right. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

250 rears take 130 or 140

Last edited:
I find Canadas motorcycle beats Petes when you buy 2 tires, they offer a $10 discount if you buy 2 and free shipping so the total is less.
269.02 including shipping for what you are looking for. You got an even better deal seeing as you are right by the shop :).

Last edited:
I find Canadas motorcycle beats Petes when you buy 2 tires, they offer a $10 discount if you buy 2 and free shipping so the total is less.
269.02 including shipping for what you are looking for. You got an even better deal seeing as you are right by the shop :).

I find the opposite. Pilot power 3's from pete's show 303.89 and canadas motorcycle is 347.41

I'm looking for something with huge front wet grip and longevity. I might get the same rears, but maybe because of my spill late last season, I want extra grip with the Pilot Road 3 in the front. Don't care if the rear slips a bit.

Also, I find it funny that on DCP's website, the Pilot Street are the best in class for wet grip, yet Michelin doesn't mark them off as a wet tire.

8688efbbf8157bb008af5923bdfeab69.jpg

Huge durability and grip in 1 tire? Magic!

I'm looking for something with huge front wet grip and longevity. I might get the same rears, but maybe because of my spill late last season, I want extra grip with the Pilot Road 3 in the front. Don't care if the rear slips a bit.

Also, I find it funny that on DCP's website, the Pilot Street are the best in class for wet grip, yet Michelin doesn't mark them off as a wet tire.

Something to keep in mine, only the Pilot Street Radial will fit your 250R. The Pilot Road 3 does not come in small enough sizes to fit the 250 - as is the case with just about the rest of Michelins line which you may be interested

The Pilot Street, from my experience, is a fantastic wet tire. I ran BT45's prior, and the improvement was night and day.

Pilot Street or bust!

Something to keep in mine, only the Pilot Street Radial will fit your 250R. The Pilot Road 3 does not come in small enough sizes to fit the 250 - as is the case with just about the rest of Michelins line which you may be interested

The Pilot Street, from my experience, is a fantastic wet tire. I ran BT45's prior, and the improvement was night and day.

Pilot Street or bust!
PR3 front comes in the right size. PR4 does not.

PR3 front comes in the right size. PR4 does not.

I suppose you could squeeze a 150 rear on, but that's foolish in my opinion. The Pilot Streets are cheaper, and a fantastic tire in their own right. Designed to fit, with light, small displacement bikes in mind.

EDIT - You mentioned front, which does appear to come in the 110. OP could do a PR3 front and P.Street Radial on the rear. In either case, I still stand by the street radials front and back!

Last edited:
I suppose you could squeeze a 150 rear on, but that's foolish in my opinion. The Pilot Streets are cheaper, and a fantastic tire in their own right. Designed to fit, with light, small displacement bikes in mind.
He specifically said he wants the PR3 on the front and likely a different model on the rear.

I thought about doing the same but, like you said, everyone told me to just pick a model that both fit my bike as there are plenty good tires that will fit.

Wait, what do you mean by that? I see that there's a 140/70 - 17" Rear Pilot Road 3. Isn't that the right size?

Wait, what do you mean by that? I see that there's a 140/70 - 17" Rear Pilot Road 3. Isn't that the right size?
I don't know where you see that. The Michelin site only lists a 150/40.

Sorry, I meant front 110/70 - 17". Rears I'm not sure of. But the thing is, in some aspect, I don't trust the Michelin website because when I plugged in my bike, it said there were no tires made for my bike. Big WTF.

Sorry, I meant front 110/70 - 17". Rears I'm not sure of. But the thing is, in some aspect, I don't trust the Michelin website because when I plugged in my bike, it said there were no tires made for my bike. Big WTF.

Michelin's position is that the Pilot Radial Street is their purpose-built small displacement tire. For bikes with rear rims from 120-150, I believe. You CAN fit a 140, or even a 150 onto the 250's 130 rim, but it's not typically advised.

And I wouldn't be too troubled by the marketing material on their website. The Pilot Street is a tire which they introduced in the summer of 2013, so it is a relatively new spec.

Based on what you have indicated as your requirements, the Pilot Street is the way to go. Correct and proper sizes, excellent wet weather handling, excellent dry grip, and cheaper than most. I picked up my set last sprint, and so far have run about 7000km on them. I plan on running them on a few track days, and I wouldn't be surprised if I can almost double that mileage as they still look like they have a lot of life left.

Wow, that's really good to know. I really appreciate it! I think I rode just over 1000km, the front never felt reliable even under slightly wet contact. Ted at rosey toes said I had a season left on them, but I'd rather change it now. Last rider also showed me the bike a month before I actually took ownership. Rears were clean, but after, it looked like he did some final burnouts on it before I got it.

Out of curiosity, are the PR3s less durable than the PStR and a bit newer?

Given that riders choice is the closes shop to me but also always give great customer service i really dont care if i pay a little extra there, but every time i price something out there is usually on par or cheaper Than everywhere else.
I think I paid 230 or 260 last year for a set of PP3'S

Wow, that's really good to know. I really appreciate it! I think I rode just over 1000km, the front never felt reliable even under slightly wet contact. Ted at rosey toes said I had a season left on them, but I'd rather change it now. Last rider also showed me the bike a month before I actually took ownership. Rears were clean, but after, it looked like he did some final burnouts on it before I got it.

Out of curiosity, are the PR3s less durable than the PStR and a bit newer?

Happy to help! I can't speak to the PR3s, I hadn't given them a serious look once I determined they didn't come in matching sizes for the 250.

With respect to the images you put up - do you know if those were the tires which were shipped with the bike when it was new? Check the DOT date code (4 digits) on the sidewall, and have a look for cracks in the tread or sidewall. They don't look terrible - the rear is showing little life down the middle - but depending on how they were stored over the last few winters they may not be operating near their best.

One thing to keep in mind with new rubber is that you will notice the round profile. Your current tires have begun to square, especially the rear, creating a more stable up-right position. The new tires will be nice and round, almost making the bike feel unstable in comparison. That's just something to get used to. I'm sure with a set of the Street Radials, you'll feel much better on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom