Roof box gas | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roof box gas

How about a hitch mounted cargo shelf? If you're not trying to parallel park in a dense city that seems like the best option, to me. Should barely affect mileage at all.

Drove to Florida last year...EVERYONE has those. Even big ass SUVs and ****

Which car?

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS (Hyundai i30 in other markets)...

The US has 2 roof types, we have only one. I took off the weather strips on top of the roof looking for the bolt holes but there aren't any.

US, Australian, Asian, and European markets all have them but we for some reason do not. The only ones I can use are those temp ones that fit over the window seal unfortunately. And I'm not planning on drilling holes into my roof for some roof racks.

No way I am pulling a trailer. I doubt I would even be allowed to pull one where I am headed.

The hitch box sounds like a winner. Now i'm ****** I did not grab the hitch I saw on a passat at a car salvage yard. $20 :(

No way I am pulling a trailer. I doubt I would even be allowed to pull one where I am headed.

The hitch box sounds like a winner. Now i'm ****** I did not grab the hitch I saw on a passat at a car salvage yard. $20 :(

why would you not be allowed to pull a trailer? puts way less stress on the car than a hitch box.

I got my car on July 24 2014.

Initial gas consumption (first 700 kms, summer time, all-season tires, driving slowly/speed limit) was 9.1 L/100 kms. I stopped keeping track after that.

In the fall I got a Thule Atlantis 1600 and an OEM roof rack.

In the winter I got winter tires. I did not track the increase in consumption.

Then in December, road trip. Gas consumption (on the highway, car fully loaded with 4 people and cargo) was 9.7 L/100 kms, driving more or less normally (110 -120 kph).

Back
Top Bottom