Plasti Dip in the GTA?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plasti Dip in the GTA??

Some Home Hardware stores carry it. The one in Markham had both the spray kind and the dip kind the last time I checked.

Canadian Tire and I think I've seen it at Home Depot.

Lowes sells it, and they have different colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part Source also sells it. I'm happy to see it stocked on more shelves in Canada these days. Now the price just needs to come down a bit.

I'm going to get the smoke one, do the chrome accents on the bike, then maybe screw around with some stuff on my car too

Part Source also sells it. I'm happy to see it stocked on more shelves in Canada these days. Now the price just needs to come down a bit.

Last time I looked it was around $20 a can compared to $5 in the US

Look on kijiji, you'll find a better price

Sidenote: disregard the printed directions and spray from a closer distance if you want a smooth, uniform finish. If you spray from further away in lighter coats (as per can), it'll be rougher in the end (read: not smooth)

Last time I looked it was around $20 a can compared to $5 in the US

I've seen prices a little under $20 sometimes but that's about right. There's an aftermarket auto accessories shop at VP and O'Connor that used to sell for ~$12 /can back when the stuff was hard to find.
I recently bought a few cans at a Pep Boys in Buffalo and they charged about $8 USD per can.

By the way, is there anyone in the SW Etobicoke or SE Mississauga with regular can (not spray can) of that stuff, any color? I just need to put some on 3 bolt-heads and buying an entire can for just that doesn't make sense lol

i know this guy who deals plasti dip in Aurora .. he has a body shop. if u want i can give you his number!
i find that Canadian Tire or Lowes don't have all the colors available.

anyways another note on plasti dip: what EVER u do, make sure you don't spray the parts that you are more likely to rub or come in contact with. it will not last a day!

Why would you do anything other than paint or powdercoat a rim? Seems like a waste of time and money trying it with plasti-dip

Why would you do anything other than paint or powdercoat a rim? Seems like a waste of time and money trying it with plasti-dip

usually you do it so you don't spend a ton of cash, but want a different look on the bike, you can go neon green, orange, or white, or red, or....well you get the idea

if it's done right and applied correctly it will actually last for some time, don't rub it too hard, use a soft brush to wash off any crap and your probably going to get a whole season out of it

I have it on my front grill of my vehicle, it's now been 3 years, and it's just as good as the day I put it on, it's seen countless car wash's, 3 winters, and still holding up

Lot of guys will do their car rims, for the winter, to protect them from the road grime, salt etc, and then remove come spring, if they don't have a nicer set of rims for the summer season

I did my bike last year, I didn't have the cash for a proper paint job (this year I hope) but the plastidip actually held up for the entire season, a few areas it's rubbed off but these are areas one tends to rub against anyways, however overall it has held up very well

P1130130.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom