best, largest soft saddlebags that you know of? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

best, largest soft saddlebags that you know of?

I just said "if I wanted to spend that much" ... What does that mean to u? Lol

id love to have the v35s but they're gonna cost 600 Canadian at the end.

in put all my stuff in dry sack before putting them in the saddlebags anyways so waterproofing won't be an issue.

I just said "if I wanted to spend that much" ... What does that mean to u? Lol

id love to have the v35s but they're gonna cost 600 Canadian at the end.

in put all my stuff in dry sack before putting them in the saddlebags anyways so waterproofing won't be an issue.

V35's can be had for ~$300 used if you keep an eye out, 100% the way to go. I've had soft saddlebags before, they suck. They move around, they're a pain to secure. Mine were 30L per side (these, http://www.motopakluggage.com/gts60.html) but because of their shape barely fit anything. An infinitely better option is a large tailbag. Easier to put on/take off, much more practical as far as cramming stuff into. If you don't have a passenger, strap a duffle onto the back seat. You don't even need a moto specific bag, any generic duffle works.

IMG_6609a.JPG

I have the Ogio's and they're awesome. Rain covers included. I'd upload pictures but stupid quota!

I love the bags. They expand and they're very high quality.

So what's stopping you? Price?

I dunno if you're one of those guys that honestly asks for advice or you're just looking to validate an opinion you have, but I'm going to assume the former.

With motorcycle luggage, you get what you pay for. And unless you're looking for a disposable solution, you will spend more money in the end on a cheap solution than you will for what seems like a more expensive one.

Raincovers are temporary. At 120 kph, they have a mind of their own and when I used soft luggage I took to putting everything in a garbage bag INSIDE the soft bag, which kept it all ghetto-dry.

The cheapest solution isn't panniers, it's a dry-bag, or a water-resistant bag on the passenger seat. With all your stuff in bags inside it.

The best looking solution isn't cheap.

The best solution, off-roading notwithstanding, is hard bags. The best off-roading solution is expensive soft bags, the likes of which have already been presented in this thread.

*shrug* but what do I know.

Agreed.

I've tried two different types of soft bags (one was given to me, so no monetary loss). They're fine for short trips if the weather is in your favour. I rode through downpours with both of them. One had built in rain covers which eventually were torn apart after long days at 100 km/h and the other bags had large plastic coverings, sort of like condoms. The condom covers are now cracked and split and useless. When I had them on the bags, water still found a way in and the cover held in the water against the bag and everything at the bottom of the bag was soaked.

I spent a pretty penny on Givi E360 bags and the SW mototech quick release mounts and I couldn't be happier. The hard luggage comes off with a key, no straps or mounting to fumble with. They are 100% waterproof and very durable too.

Lots of cheap solutions will end up costing the same as an expensive solution and you don't gain anything from it.

Agreed.

I've tried two different types of soft bags (one was given to me, so no monetary loss). They're fine for short trips if the weather is in your favour. I rode through downpours with both of them. One had built in rain covers which eventually were torn apart after long days at 100 km/h and the other bags had large plastic coverings, sort of like condoms. The condom covers are now cracked and split and useless. When I had them on the bags, water still found a way in and the cover held in the water against the bag and everything at the bottom of the bag was soaked.

I spent a pretty penny on Givi E360 bags and the SW mototech quick release mounts and I couldn't be happier. The hard luggage comes off with a key, no straps or mounting to fumble with. They are 100% waterproof and very durable too.

Lots of cheap solutions will end up costing the same as an expensive solution and you don't gain anything from it.

dry sacks! ever heard of them? lol

Will say it one more time, look at the Kriega US 10, US20 and US30 modular tail bag system.

You can combine them to carry up to 70 litres

High quality design and materials, completely Waterproof, with secure attachment to the subframe so no flopping around like the large soft saddle bags.

http://www.kriega.com/pages/Home.html

Last edited:
Will say it one more time, look at the Kriega US 10, US20 and US30 modular tail bag system.

You can combine them to carry up to 70 litres

High quality design and materials, completely Waterproof, with secure attachment to the subframe so no flopping around like the large soft saddle bags.

http://www.kriega.com/pages/Home.html

checked it out
i'm looking for SIDE bags! these are tail bags

checked it out
i'm looking for SIDE bags! these are tail bags

Why are you so set on saddle bags instead of tail bags?

Why are you so set on saddle bags instead of tail bags?

Cause I already have a waterproof tailbag 70 liters!

i have lots of gear. I do lost of camping and got photography gear

mentioned this before

Last edited:
1. SW-Motech Blaze Saddle Bags, 21 L each, $339.95
2. Ogio Tail Bag, 20.8 L, $89.99

Last year I took a tour from Kitchener to Algonquin, and to Barry's Bay, Haliburton, all that good stuff etc... I really appreciated how easily the whole setup was attached and removed for day trips without the extra weight on the back. I left the saddlebags at a cabin, and, used the tail bag for emergency supplies and water etc. while out on day trips.

The tail bag is water-resistant when you attach the rain hood over the bag (be sure to Ziploc all items inside) and the SW Motech bags are waterproof if you use the internal waterproof bags and pack accordingly.

photo 1.jpg

thanks but i already said that the Ogio ones are way too small. i own them... i need a lot of space AND i need something waterproof at this point. for what they are, the sw-motech ones aren't worth the price. at that point, i'd just get hard cases which i have the bracket for. (V35s)

plus we're talking about trips over 3 thousand kilometers one way. i don't do little trips lol.

thanks but i already said that the Ogio ones are way too small. i own them... i need a lot of space AND i need something waterproof at this point. for what they are, the sw-motech ones aren't worth the price. at that point, i'd just get hard cases which i have the bracket for. (V35s)

plus we're talking about trips over 3 thousand kilometers one way. i don't do little trips lol.

If you are doing long distance trips, I would save the money for a good quality product like the wolfman bags lightcycle recommended. Nothing worse then cheap gear that does not do what it is supposed to when that far away from home. You get what you pay for.

If you are doing long distance trips, I would save the money for a good quality product like the wolfman bags lightcycle recommended. Nothing worse then cheap gear that does not do what it is supposed to when that far away from home. You get what you pay for.

You're right you do get that you pay for
i ultimately want the v35s. This is just to get by for now.
i already installed the givi rack

You're spending a lot just to "get by for now". Wait a bit, save and get the v35s. The snow is still on the ground, you have time. The money you'll spend to get what you want in soft bags will go a long way towards buying the v35s. Just my .02 cents.
Edit: just went to a vicious cycle.ca, yep v35s are pricey. Did not realize how pricey lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Completely understand. My setup caters to the needs of a 3-nighter trip or so.
The smaller size keeps me from bringing too much junk.

If there was a good hard-case setup for my bike, I would own them but the ultimate move for me is to get a sport-tourer and do it properly (with added comfort at that).

Let us know what you end up with.

Completely understand. My setup caters to the needs of a 3-nighter trip or so.
The smaller size keeps me from bringing too much junk.

If there was a good hard-case setup for my bike, I would own them but the ultimate move for me is to get a sport-tourer and do it properly (with added comfort at that).

Let us know what you end up with.

Ill do that!
yeah see my ultimate goal is to upgrade to a whole new bike (the new vstrom 1000)
thats why I don't wanna pay 600 bucks for givi cases on my er6n.

Back
Top Bottom