best, largest soft saddlebags that you know of? | GTAMotorcycle.com

best, largest soft saddlebags that you know of?

Ramtin

List some of the BEST LOOKING and LARGEST capacity SOFT saddlebags that you know of!
waterproof or not! 30+ liters each side!

thanks

30L per side is quite large. Once you start getting that big, consider mounting a rack to keep the bags secure and to hold them away from the side of the bike. That way you can also fit hard or soft bags. 30L filled with stuff will easily droop and could potentially touch moving or hot bike parts.

Or look into getting a tail bag/saddle bag combination. Giant Loop has a U-shaped one that is 60L:

GBSB-O_large.jpg

But then again, you did ask for something nice-looking, so.... :(

Last edited:
I currently got the Ogio. They claim 30 liters per side expanded!
is that true?
and I already have side racks :)

I've put two max carry on sized luggage on my 125...

Have also used a 75L backpack many times.

Guess that's not really helpful.

Last edited:
If they're these, those don't look anywhere close to 60L. Maybe they mean 30L total, not per side.

Ogio_Saddlebags_detail.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ogio-saddlebags

In the reviews, from that same link:

Just want to say first, the volume is NOT accurate. I have a backpack that fits 20L from Columbia. These DO NOT pack close to 20L. Reason is that Ogio (and maybe other saddlebag manufacturers) just took the height, width, and length at the widest points. Guess what, these bags aren't rectangles. They're triangles. I wish these companies would actually test internal volume, not slap a Liter value derived by 3rd grade math.

:D

If you don't like the tailbag/saddlebag combo Wolfman makes true 64L (32L per side) sidebags. This is what it looks like:

M1015_Rocky_Mountain_Saddle_Bags_c_1024x1024.jpg

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags

if I wanted to spend that much if just get the givi v35s! Ha! I got the rack for it!

If you don't like the tailbag/saddlebag combo Wolfman makes true 64L (32L per side) sidebags. This is what it looks like:

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags

if I wanted to spend that much I'd just get the givi v35s .. I got the rack for them

I've got the Nelson Rigg CL850. Looks like they updated that model and now call it the CL855. They are reasonably priced and very well built. They are not waterproof, but they do come with raincovers

if I wanted to spend that much I'd just get the givi v35s .. I got the rack for them

So what's stopping you? Price?

I dunno if you're one of those guys that honestly asks for advice or you're just looking to validate an opinion you have, but I'm going to assume the former.

With motorcycle luggage, you get what you pay for. And unless you're looking for a disposable solution, you will spend more money in the end on a cheap solution than you will for what seems like a more expensive one.

Raincovers are temporary. At 120 kph, they have a mind of their own and when I used soft luggage I took to putting everything in a garbage bag INSIDE the soft bag, which kept it all ghetto-dry.

The cheapest solution isn't panniers, it's a dry-bag, or a water-resistant bag on the passenger seat. With all your stuff in bags inside it.

The best looking solution isn't cheap.

The best solution, off-roading notwithstanding, is hard bags. The best off-roading solution is expensive soft bags, the likes of which have already been presented in this thread.

*shrug* but what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom