Rate Dropped ! woot | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rate Dropped ! woot

chiller

Site Supporter
I see the posts about people's rates going up but my rates dropped at renewal (just got my renewal slips and forms on Friday).

I switched over from TD MM to ThePersonal when I moved in April 2014. The cars were cheaper so I moved everything over and now my rates have dropped a bit yr over yr. They dropped huge just for moving but that's a different story ... now living in the same address for the 2nd yr they dropped a little bit.

2010 Yamaha Raider went from last yr being 852 to 806 (full coverage)

2003 SV1000 - just bought it in December I got coverage stating it was 438 now the renewal starting in mid Feb will be 426 (liability + fire + theft)

Am I the only one getting a drop ? Or do other people not post good news stories ?

Last edited:
I would post good news stories if I had one. Called around for a few quotes. Ended up laughing at some of the quotes I was given. The person on the other end wondered what was so funny. I simple said, " You must be joking"
Really knowing that I would stay with my current Broker.
TD are the nearest to what I am paying now. One company wanted $5000.(State Farm, Desjardins, a few Brokers. Jokers) Only $3500 more than I am paying now.
Clean licence. No claims. 50+ Full coverage.

Happy to hear, "chiller" More goodies for the bike/s.

No whoot , whoot from me.

who are you with ?
i got a price from RBC that sounded good for a moment
till they told me its only 1 way i think it was $1400
then full coverage was just under $3000 i loled

I would post good news stories if I had one. Called around for a few quotes. Ended up laughing at some of the quotes I was given. The person on the other end wondered what was so funny. I simple said, " You must be joking"
TD are the nearest to what I am paying now. One company wanted $5000.(State Farm, Desjardins, a few Brokers. Jokers) Only $3500 more than I am paying now.

i think the stickies in this forum need to be updated
most of the stuff is way out dated
and we need more new info on SS bikes

who are you with ?

What bikes are these ?

who are you with ?

Intact. Surprised me too. Full coverage. Ducati Diavel.
Cornerstone Brokers.

Intact. Surprised me too. Full coverage. Ducati Diavel.
Cornerstone Brokers.

the Duc isn't even an SS bike, have no idea why your rate is stupidly high ... i cannot see it being any more dangerous to ride then my Raider ... both are high torque cruisers with fat rear tires...

the Duc isn't even an SS bike, have no idea why your rate is stupidly high ... i cannot see it being any more dangerous to ride then my Raider ... both are high torque cruisers with fat rear tires...

Excellent point.
In speaking with the Companies. One of the first questions they ask is how many cc. I reply 1200 and it is not a sports bike/crotch rocket. They say it is.
How can you disagree with somebody that knows nothing?
I believe your bike is about 1800cc. If you need to have a day of laughter call some of these companies. Idiots.

Call Allstate?

My HP4 with intact is $1000 a year
they won't touch my s1000rr
no matter what I tell them
when we all know it's the same bike
they won't touch my ducatis also

so at this time I'm having a rly hard time getting insurance for my s1000 and my ducs

so at this point I may just get my self another HP4

OP, where do you live, I mean which city? It matters a lot ....

OP, where do you live, I mean which city? It matters a lot ....

If you look at my name you will see the city lol

I'm calling Chiller's insurance company, the rate for the 1800 Raider is less than my 750 Shadow!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

If you look at my name you will see the city lol

LOL .. indeed ... I have never heard of the company, but I will surely let them have a go at my business. Out of curiosity, are you under 2K for car insurance? Average car, nothing special, 2010 model, so 5 years old ...

LOL .. indeed ... I have never heard of the company, but I will surely let them have a go at my business. Out of curiosity, are you under 2K for car insurance? Average car, nothing special, 2010 model, so 5 years old ...

Older cars actually... I believe in driving the cars into the ground ...

99 Infiniti is 900 / yr full
07 Odyssey is 1200 / yr full

They were about 500 more each with TD MM. That's why I switched.

My auto insurance has always increased year over year no matter what my record was like or where I was living. But FINALLY I got a nice surprise when I bought a truck a few months ago. My insurance went down by $10 /mo when I changed vehicles and another 15-20% at renewal this year! I went from a 2006 Ford Fusion to a 2013 F-150. No idea how that makes sense but I'm happy about it.

Older cars actually... I believe in driving the cars into the ground ...

99 Infiniti is 900 / yr full
07 Odyssey is 1200 / yr full

They were about 500 more each with TD MM. That's why I switched.

I just priced one of the cars 2010 (the age of commuter vehicle doesn't in my experience make whole lot of rate impact) and they were way more expensive than what I have now, which is still close to 2k/year.

I presume you have a member group discount .... If not, again, this makes absolutely no sense.

I'm going to take a look at The Personal. I have dealt with them years ago for auto and they would begrudgingly give a motorcycle quote which wasn't competitive.

I just received my renewal from Aviva and its up 27% for 2015.... so I'll do my best to get a quote lower to take my business elsewhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom