Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Review | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Review

Well he speaks the truth. Some of us are actually following this thread for information. Not some whacked out I read it on the internetz and road and track so your slow *** quarter mile work truck sucks conspiracy. It is truly annoying.

Dyam!!!
To be get told by Bickle is very odd. I don't think I have ever seen him scold anyone on this forum (I am open to being corrected)
carry on...lol

Ya sorry,:oops:,just good information gets lost in the BS,,you are correct! This is my first.,,,So many people on here that can add value to things,, then there are those that are just a liability.

Today, a large cloud of smoke was observed to be entering the 403 at Dundas Street.

Upon minor investigation, the source of this large cloud of oily, smelly smoke was a white late-model Ford Explorer with the little "Ecoboost" badge on the tailgate.

It continued smelling up the road the whole time until I lost sight of it. (I made sure to get in front of the stinky thing.)

The tailgate was pretty black, suggesting that this has been going on for some time. Wonder if the owner knows he has a problem.

At that rate, it would stop smoking eventually, when it runs out of oil, sooner rather than later.

Oops.

^^

in the relatively short span of 4 model years, when you build 5 million of them and counting, offer it as an option on most vehicles and customers keep gobbling them up, I'd say Ford is doing something right.

as for the guy in the Explorer, who knows what his maintenance program and other factors were like. *shrug*

Ford EcoBoost engines reach the 5 million mark...

Last edited:
On a Positive note,
I saw 8.3 liters per 100 last week on the highway and am averaging 11.9 liters per 100 now city/hwy. This tank with 3.9 rear end I could see between 950 and 1000 K,, but that will depend how much city I do. With this rear end I do expect to see a bit less then with the stock rear end. I have just over 4,000 Km on the truck so it is improving with each tank.
I also just heard Ram double production of the Eco Diesel

On a Positive note,
I saw 8.3 liters per 100 last week on the highway and am averaging 11.9 liters per 100 now city/hwy. This tank with 3.9 rear end I could see between 950 and 1000 K,, but that will depend how much city I do. With this rear end I do expect to see a bit less then with the stock rear end. I have just over 4,000 Km on the truck so it is improving with each tank.
I also just heard Ram double production of the Eco Diesel

That's some nice mileage you got there!

Our company diesel hasn't shown as of yet. When asking about a lead time on the truck, we were told no ship date as of yet. The reason was for the Dollar being so low currently. Most of the trucks being made don't stay or come to Canada. They are being shipped into the US. With the exchange rates right now, the Americans are saving a big chunk of their new cars/trucks.

Hope everyone is okay with the burning Exploder.

Our company diesel hasn't shown as of yet. When asking about a lead time on the truck, we were told no ship date as of yet. The reason was for the Dollar being so low currently. Most of the trucks being made don't stay or come to Canada. They are being shipped into the US. With the exchange rates right now, the Americans are saving a big chunk of their new cars/trucks.

How does the strong US dollar benefit buyers there?

Our company diesel hasn't shown as of yet.

I had to wait just over 2 months for mine. So they run late anyways. But the dollar would hurt any dealer that is buying inventory now,,I would think.

When asking about a lead time on the truck, we were told no ship date as of yet. The reason was for the Dollar being so low currently. Most of the trucks being made don't stay or come to Canada. They are being shipped into the US. With the exchange rates right now, the Americans are saving a big chunk of their new cars/trucks..

Pretty sure it has more to do with demand than anything else...

The US has an insatiable appetite for pick ups, and that massive market will always get fed first before we will. I understand RAM pick up sales are up 38% so no surprise that lead times will be extended.

The Big 3 truck market is on fire. We ordered a truck in Jan and was told the standard '6-8 week delivery', now they are telling me its coming in May. A quick poke around the forums tells me many are experiencing delays of up to a year.

A company like Ford is doing so well with their new F150, its actually hurting their sales number because they don't have enough "in stock" and can't make them fast enough....

'2015 F150 so popular its hurting sales numbers'

I was just at a customer of mine that builds parts for the F150 (among many other things), and they just built some new equipment to top up the production volume to Ford's new projections.

I was just at a customer of mine that builds parts for the F150 (among many other things), and they just built some new equipment to top up the production volume to Ford's new projections.

makes sense, they just spent a billion bucks upgrading and opening up a brand new line in Kansas City (to help out the Dearborn factory) to pump out more trucks....

Best highway 6.6 liters per 100 and towing the trailer averages about 17-18 liters per 100
18,000 K on the engine now

I spoke with a dealer earlier this week, used trucks sourced in Canada and shipped to sell into the US is a pretty big thing right now with a 30% exchange. Finding nice preowned vehicles on Canadian lots is expected to be a problem.

I spoke with a dealer earlier this week, used trucks sourced in Canada and shipped to sell into the US is a pretty big thing right now with a 30% exchange. Finding nice preowned vehicles on Canadian lots is expected to be a problem.

Yup.

10-15 years ago there was money to be made buying trucks in Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, etc and bringing them to Canada. Now that has completely flipped, a clean early 2000s diesel truck is now selling for almost the same $ as they were 10 years ago. Trucks are far cheaper in Canada.... and those from out west haven't seen much salt.

I am pretty impressed. 8-9L / 100kms for the ecodiesel ram.

My old '08 F150 supercrew w/ 6-1/2" box 4wd w/ LSD rear axle...at 7200 lbs ++ is getting 14L/100kms. So that diesel is 35-40% more efficient. Pretty impressive.

But still can't fathom paying 60K for a new truck.....

Last edited:
The ecodiesel can be had in basic configuration. A tech i know bought his for 36k in Hamilton. Steel rims and rubber interior basics included.

I am pretty impressed. 8-9L / 100kms for the ecodiesel ram.

My old '08 F150 supercrew w/ 6-1/2" box 4wd w/ LSD rear axle...at 7200 lbs ++ is getting 14L/100kms. So that diesel is 35-40% more efficient. Pretty impressive.

But still can't fathom paying 60K for a new truck.....
My avalanche can get 12 something per 100 km. Would have to drive a ******** to make up that cost. Damn

In my 3/4t duramax I average 13L/100km mixed highway traffic and city traffic. Towing to Shubie I averaged 20L/100km with my 7x21 loaded with two bikes and a ton of gear. Surprisingly my display was accurate after I hand calculated, or I suck at maths.

Back
Top Bottom