Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Review

Douma

Site Supporter
Anybody have a real life review of the Eco Diesel available for the Ram 1500 yet?

I hear the '15s come standard with heated bumpers,

so when you have to get out and push.....

Apparently the motors aren't a new design and have been used in Europe for quite a while. It'll just be typical dodge front end problems.

If you want a real truck buy a Honda.:bs:

Apparently the motors aren't a new design and have been used in Europe for quite a while. It'll just be typical dodge front end problems.

If you want a real truck buy a Honda.:bs:

They making a diesel ? :p

I don't understand how people still buy new Dodge RAMs. They're like Mazdas, rust rust rust everywhere.

Someone on my FB has a newish diesel RAM (bought new in the last 6 months). Seems to love it but he did have some problem with the steering or something. Don't know what ever happened with that. He claimed it needed an aftermarket part to correct it and of course the dealer didn't want to pay for that aftermarket part since it was, well, aftermarket and they didn't want to admit there was anything wrong with the design.

Not when they're undercoated yearly.

And that's really saying something. Blow all that money on a new truck which basically REQUIRES undercoating so it doesn't fall apart into a total rustbucket.

Garbage design or garbage materials.. or both. No reason to give Chrysler the money when their competitors are clearly better in that department.

My money would be on the new 2015 aluminum bodied Ford with 2.7 EcoBoost V6.

It's over a 1000 pounds lighter than the Ram, think about that, the RAM is carrying an extra thousand pounds around!! won't rust, it has a cheaper MSRP, better build quality, only gets 1mpg worse than the diesel ram in the city, does 0-60 2.8 seconds faster than the Ram, has a higher payload capacity.

the choice is clear, it's no wonder Ford is killing it in the market....

either that, or you could always go oil undercoat your Ram every year.... :lol:

Last edited:
I can get behind the aluminium construction, but doesn't the ecoboost have a reputation for not getting anywhere near EPA mileage numbers?

And that's really saying something. Blow all that money on a new truck which basically REQUIRES undercoating so it doesn't fall apart into a total rustbucket.

Garbage design or garbage materials.. or both. No reason to give Chrysler the money when their competitors are clearly better in that department.

177,000km's on my 7yr old mazda SUV and it doesn't have a spec of rust on it. Rustproofed once by the dealership when new.

I can get behind the aluminium construction, but doesn't the ecoboost have a reputation for not getting anywhere near EPA mileage numbers?
You can't suck and blow at the same time.

You either use the Eco and drive gently, or the Boost part and pay dearly.

Sent from my Passport

You can't suck and blow at the same time.

You either use the Eco and drive gently, or the Boost part and pay dearly.

Sent from my Passport

Lolwut

My money would be on the new 2015 aluminum bodied Ford with 2.7 EcoBoost V6.

It's over a 1000 pounds lighter than the Ram, think about that, the RAM is carrying an extra thousand pounds around!! won't rust, it has a cheaper MSRP, better build quality, only gets 1mpg worse than the diesel ram in the city, does 0-60 2.8 seconds faster than the Ram, has a higher payload capacity.

the choice is clear, it's no wonder Ford is killing it in the market....

either that, or you could always go oil undercoat your Ram every year.... :lol:

I have never seen Ford paint an aluminum product correctly most commonly their hoods. I'm scared to see what happens when they do a whole vehicle...

177,000km's on my 7yr old mazda SUV and it doesn't have a spec of rust on it. Rustproofed once by the dealership when new.

Cool. I was mainly speaking about the Protege and Mazda3... those cars are horrible rustbuckets.

And then throw a trailer behind the furd and watch your fuel consumption sky rocket. Ps it isn't better with regular driving than a V8 either, except on paper.

We drive vehicles in an area that dumps a metric **** ton of salt down as well as calcium chloride. Neither do any vehicles a favour. This thread isn't meant to argue the benefits of undercoating a vehicle and after spending 40-50k on a truck (they all rust) $130 a year to keep it pristine isn't a big deal.

Drove a 2014 1500 Rental with the 5.7hemi. Why would anyone want to drive that daily is beyond me. i'm so glad my friend ended up buying a q5 TDI and not the RAM Diesel.

The interior is tacky plastic, my 2008 Grand Cherokee has nicer interior than a 2014 Chrysler product? Sharp mold edges on everything. Get with the times Chrysler.

Other than the Diesel, what else has the 1500 going for it?

We'll see what Nissan is gonna bring out next year.

Back
Top Bottom