Tim Hortons becoming americanized | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tim Hortons becoming americanized

I've never enjoyed anything from Tim Horton's. Maybe this Brazilian company can turn it into something that I'd be proud to call Canadian.

That'll serve those fat cats right for discontinuing the apple cheese danish

The Americans have already ruined Tim Hortons. Frozen donuts, cheaper roasts of coffee, crappy American danishes instead of Canadian croissants. I long for the days of a fresh Tim Horton's donut and a good medium roast coffee at a reasonable price. Those days are gone forever.

The Americans have already ruined Tim Hortons. Frozen donuts, cheaper roasts of coffee, crappy American danishes instead of Canadian croissants. I long for the days of a fresh Tim Horton's donut and a good medium roast coffee at a reasonable price. Those days are gone forever.

They have been gone for awhile. I go elsewhere for my regular coffee now. I do like their Paninis and Grilled Cheese though. They can be inconsistent but on a good day they are a nice diversion from the typical fast food fare.

I go to McDonalds for the most part when I want a regular cup of coffee. For fancier stuff I hit Starbucks. I do like The Second Cup but they are few and far between where I frequent.

Tim Horton's has long strayed from where it was a good product at a fair price. I am frankly surprised that they are still as busy as they are considering the product they are putting out now.

They have been gone for awhile. I go elsewhere for my regular coffee now. I do like their Paninis and Grilled Cheese though. They can be inconsistent but on a good day they are a nice diversion from the typical fast food fare.

I go to McDonalds for the most part when I want a regular cup of coffee. For fancier stuff I hit Starbucks. I do like The Second Cup but they are few and far between where I frequent.

Tim Horton's has long strayed from where it was a good product at a fair price. I am frankly surprised that they are still as busy as they are considering the product they are putting out now.

Same! I find the McDonald's coffee to be delicious. I don't touch anything else on their menu, but damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you mean Americanised? Oh, the irony!

I wonder if Eddie Shack's is better now?

Don't you mean Americanised? Oh, the irony!

I wonder if Eddie Shack's is better now?

Are there any of those left now?

I wonder if anyone can dislodge Timmies from their position? Most of the Coffee Times in my area are absolute dumps and the product seems worse than Tims. Second Cup is more of a Cafe sort of experience and not the pop in and out, no pretense, atmosphere of the typical Timmies. Kind of amazing that a company can let their product deteriorate as much as Timmies has and yet the customers still keep flocking to them. I stopped going to Wendy's a number of years ago. Talk about a brand going into the crapper. Yikes!

Last edited:
I don't have sympathy for large corporations

Maybe not, but this is yet another example of non-Canadian companies "keeping" their word to federal or provincial governments when buying out Canadian ones.

I'm not against foreign buyouts or free purchases, and for all we know these layoffs needed to happen - but they still go against the conditional agreements made to allow the takeover in the first place. Given these agreements are untrustworthy and - apparently - unenforceable, maybe the government should consider other options for securing guarantees during major foreign acquisitions of Canadian companies. Like asking the incoming CEO to provide their firstborn child as a hostage. Or hiding armed mounties in every flowerpot in the new HQ.

Love em or hate em but 3G brazil and Burger king and the Berkshire Hathaway deals make LOTS of money . Tim's is a Canadian success story , but they sold the dream and the new guys get to make the rules. That's business folks.

Oh and the new CEO of second cup is a personal friend, please buy coffee at second cup. I've checked the share prices and she could use the help....

Oh and the new CEO of second cup is a personal friend, please buy coffee at second cup. I've checked the share prices and she could use the help....

One of my family friends owns a few franchises of Second cup. Please do buy their coffee! They are good people.

Second Cup is garbage. If they cant stock their shelves with at least semi fresh goods they really shouldn't be selling them. I hope your friend CEO has the right ideas for the company because someone has to step in and make changes from the ground up.

Second cup is actually pretty good. Their coffee has a unique taste. Better then Hortons coffee for sure.

On Tuesdays, they have $2 latte specials, tastes better than the stuff from Bucks.

As for food, all those types of places are trash loaded with sugar.

Visit second cup in georgian mall. The owners are good people and now that there are a starbucks and tims open in the mall, things are pretty slow for them.

Second Cup needs a drastic makeover or they won't survive (nothing wrong with them, just sb and th have giant brand loyalty, sc doesn't, they are the chain of last resort).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom