whole-food, plant-based diet? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

whole-food, plant-based diet?

so my organic gluten free doughnuts is still bad?
how about my organic gluten free coke to wash down doughnuts and organic gluten free potato chips?
why I keep getting fat? I am eating organic stuffffssss

so my organic gluten free doughnuts is still bad?
how about my organic gluten free coke to wash down doughnuts and organic gluten free potato chips?
why I keep getting fat? I am eating organic stuffffssss

maybe you were just born to be big boned?

You fat bro? You know Joe Bass?

Organic is the new gluten free.

I wonder what's next...
Having worked in a restaurant I can confirm the latter half of this statement.

Gluten free nonsense is a fad and a slap across the face to anyone who has Celiac disease.

Not to mention 99.999% of people didn't even know what gluten was 7 years ago.

Having worked in a restaurant I can confirm the latter half of this statement.

Gluten free nonsense is a fad and a slap across the face to anyone who has Celiac disease.

and the same percentage never new about transfat and high fructose corn syrup either

and the same percentage never new about transfat and high fructose corn syrup either
Except most of the claims about gluten free things have been driven by pseudo science, yoga moms and new age wackos. Actual science shows that there is little to no effect of a gluten free diet impacting someone's life who doesn't have Celiac disease.

My point being: there is science behind trans fats. 0 science behind gluten free diets.

Last edited:
Most people still don't know what gluten is or if and why it should be avoided.

My choice to avoid breads/pasta etc is not to avoid gluten, but to avoid excess carbs. Avoiding high glycemic index foods is a bonus too. Sometimes I think the GF choices available are stupid too, and not necessarily healthy. Someone eats a GF muffin for breakfast not realizing that the GF version is likely worse for them than a normal muffin. Instead, eat something that does not contain lots of flour/sugar just by virtue of what it is.

Today my breakfast is a spinach/banana/protein smoothie.

Moderation is the key.

I disagree. Putting down the donut is the key. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what's good and bad for you.

Just as a direct response to the OP. I say stick with the red meat dude. Eat it to your hearts content, but get the beef and steaks from the butcher rather than the frozen section of a grocery store.

If you combine that with daily gym visits, you're on the road to a healthy lifestyle (if that's what you're looking for)

When I was working out all I ate was red meat made me in general feel healthier than before. It's better than eating a steak and idling, you actually put the protein to use.

daily gym visits??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha...cough....cough...cough...hahahahahahahahahahahahah

yeah, I cut down on red meat. Only have it a couple of times a week now.

I keep hearing the "Mediterranean diet" is where it's at. Pretty healthy, still delicious, and supposedly the people that live in those areas have significantly fewer health problems than us. Could be bull, though, as I read one article where a guy was claiming he moved to some country in that area and the food cured his cancer lol.

Just as a direct response to the OP. I say stick with the red meat dude. Eat it to your hearts content, but get the beef and steaks from the butcher rather than the frozen section of a grocery store.

If you combine that with daily gym visits, you're on the road to a healthy lifestyle (if that's what you're looking for)

When I was working out all I ate was red meat made me in general feel healthier than before. It's better than eating a steak and idling, you actually put the protein to use.
You are on point every single time in this thread..... Seconded both these posts.

Yes, generally you want to avoid stuff like pop (pure sugar), a ton of trans fats, etc. But generally diet matters for health and body composition in this order:

1. Calories In VS Calories out.....70% of the equation
2. Macronutrients (Fats vs Carbs vs Protein).......20% of the equation
3. Micronutrients (vitamins, fiber, etc.), types of fat (saturated, trans, etc.)...........7% of the equation
4. Processed vs Nonprocessed, organic, aspertaine, etc. ........2% of the equation
5. Everything else .............1%

If you jump straight to #4 you are basically wasting your time

I keep hearing the "Mediterranean diet" is where it's at. Pretty healthy, still delicious, and supposedly the people that live in those areas have significantly fewer health problems than us. Could be bull, though, as I read one article where a guy was claiming he moved to some country in that area and the food cured his cancer lol.

If that were the case no one in those areas would have cancer.

If that were the case no one in those areas would have cancer.
I forget what tiny country it was but they did have an amazingly low cancer rate. It still was pretty unbelievable. The diet IS likely very healthy, though. It's mostly to do with the "healthy fats" and the fact that they have a lot of fresh veggies and a large variety, which means everything in moderation, like someone else said.

I disagree. Putting down the donut is the key. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what's good and bad for you.
Me having a krispy kreme every 3 months wont make me fat.

Moderation for different types of food will mean different things. So i still agree with moderation is key :D

You are on point every single time in this thread..... Seconded both these posts.

Yes, generally you want to avoid stuff like pop (pure sugar), a ton of trans fats, etc. But generally diet matters for health and body composition in this order:

1. Calories In VS Calories out.....70% of the equation
2. Macronutrients (Fats vs Carbs vs Protein).......20% of the equation
3. Micronutrients (vitamins, fiber, etc.), types of fat (saturated, trans, etc.)...........7% of the equation
4. Processed vs Nonprocessed, organic, aspertaine, etc. ........2% of the equation
5. Everything else .............1%

If you jump straight to #4 you are basically wasting your time

This should be the Sticky for this thread.

As for the whole Organic/Gluten Free stuff, I was just trying to point out the 'fad' nature that is being marketed to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom