Yamaha R6 model codes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R6 model codes?

morefyah

Hello,

I received a uvip from a seller on a 2009 R6 that I'm intrested in. In the package it states that the model is a R6C. I did some research and some forums state that it is a Cali edition while others state that it is just a colour code. Anyone have this model and could you please tell me what it refers to and or if there is any effect on performance?

Also the status on the uvip came back as "Unfit" is that normal as it also states it will have to go through safety to be plated which I expected for a safety to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I received a uvip from a seller on a 2009 R6 that I'm intrested in. In the package it states that the model is a R6C. I did some research and some forums state that it is a Cali edition while others state that it is just a colour code. Anyone have this model and could you please tell me what it refers to and or if there is any effect on performance?

Also the status on the uvip came back as "Unfit" is that normal as it also states it will have to go through safety to be plated which I expected for a safety to be done.

Thanks in advance.

If the speedometer is in km's, the "C" likely designates it's a "Canadian" model.
"unfit" just means it needs a safety in order to get it plated. Unless it's a basket case, not much to be concerned with.

If you received a UVIP, then you have the ownership history, and that will tell you if it was originally a Canadian bike. If it was originally a Canadian bike, it wasn't a California bike.

Most of the time, these days, there is no difference between Canadian and US-spec bikes except the metric instruments (and often this is only a setting that can easily be changed), and the only difference the California-spec bikes will have is the extra evaporative emission canister, which is of no relevance for how the bike runs. In some cases, paint schemes may differ.

Back
Top Bottom