Insuring GSXR 600 with 3 minor tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring GSXR 600 with 3 minor tickets

DOHC1

After taking 2 years off from riding, I'm hoping to get on a GSXR 600 this spring, but my insurance situation has changed greatly since the last time i was insured.
Here is some info:

22 Years old
Have had my M2 since August 2010
Full G license (Have been licensed for 6 years now, I believe state farm requires 5)
Full time student (meloche monnex gave me a student discount a few years back)
Now the bad part: 3 minor violations in the past 2 years

1) Speeding 87 in a 60
2) Stop sign (didn't make a full stop)
3) Using cell phone while driving (was checking my gps at a red light and got caught
:(; is this a moving violation?)

I was really hoping to go with StateFarm, as I know they are cheaper for SS bikes, however I'm not sure if they will take me with the 3 tickets.. Do I have any hope to ride this year?

Being 22 with a SS bike would be bad enough without the record...with it, good luck (sorry to say). I know it's likely not what you want to hear, but have you looked at non SS bikes which could end up being a LOT cheaper?

On that note, would chain lube suffice for the anal cavity as it is penetrated by the massive omnipotent shlong of Ontario's insurance companies?

It would actually be your own shlong, since you got the tickets. You should have fought them all in court.

If you can pay to play, why not.

I'm sure there is some company out there willing to insure you. Call around first - you're only going to get more "lube up" replies on here.

Also:
Lube up.

Insurance here is already the biggest scam going. You're already up against a wall with a ss and being under 30. Best of luck. If you do find some I'm curious to see what they want to extort you for... errrrr I mean charge

At least you don't have any at fault claims.

Your rates should already be sky high without anything against you. Good luck.

What was the quote MM gave you with student discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure it's $3000+ for a SS.

$550/month for GSXR600
$150/month for Ninja 250r

I'm most likely going back to the Ninja 250r :(

That's what I would do as well... young riders like us are getting ripped off all the time

$550/month for GSXR600
$150/month for Ninja 250r

I'm most likely going back to the Ninja 250r :(

Use the time to try something different until your record clears. Try a non-ss, you just might like it better.

Back
Top Bottom