2003 V Star 1100 Jack location | GTAMotorcycle.com

2003 V Star 1100 Jack location

ALD

I am thinking of purchasing a motorcycle Jack to lift both wheels off of the ground for service or winter storage.
I have seen one at Princess Auto that has two steel support arms that would straddle the oil pan.

One of the arms would be positioned just under the mounting bolt from the engine guard at the front of the frame where it curves up and the other steel arm of where it would be positioned I have no issue with.

Will this area at the front be strong enough even if I keep the Jack on the bike over the winter.

If the jack arm is on the frame it should be ok. Attach some photos showing the area for clarity.

If the jack arm is on the frame it should be ok. Attach some photos showing the area for clarity.
Thanks for the advise, I put my bike away and covered it up for a few months and might look into getting a Jack in the spring or summer.
I have seen one online it's called Big Blue that uses no hydrolics and it uses a drill to raise and lower it but kinda pricey

My friend used the princess auto, might have even been a Canadian Tire one, (Both are basically the same), jack on his Vstar until he traded it last year. There is no issue with positioning. The jack arms normally have a thin plastic covering on them.

Back
Top Bottom