Safety Certificate house calls? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety Certificate house calls?

BulletPROZ, take the advice of the post about the Canadian Tire safety. If you're near Wonderland, the one across from Vaughan Mills should be able to do it, and that should be <5 minutes for you. If you're not comfortable riding it once you've installed it, pm me I'll ride it over for you, you buy me lunch at All Stars, and I'll ride it back for you. Easy peasy.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

BulletPROZ, take the advice of the post about the Canadian Tire safety. If you're near Wonderland, the one across from Vaughan Mills should be able to do it, and that should be <5 minutes for you. If you're not comfortable riding it once you've installed it, pm me I'll ride it over for you, you buy me lunch at All Stars, and I'll ride it back for you. Easy peasy.

This is a good deal Bullit, take his offer.

This seems to be a good alternative? Any downsides to doing this?

I was under the impression you have to register the vehicle within 6 days of sale. If you buy a bike in middle of winter, if you transfer without safety, then you have an unfit title and can't get a temp plate.

I was under the impression you have to register the vehicle within 6 days of sale. If you buy a bike in middle of winter, if you transfer without safety, then you have an unfit title and can't get a temp plate.

Received a scooter 20 years ago. Never plated it. If I decide to, I will transfer the ownership and the date of sale will be less than 6 days prior.

I went to Canadian Tire today and they said they don't do motercycles. You live near me?

I went to Canadian Tire today and they said they don't do motercycles. You live near me?

Hmmmm, thought they did, one day a week. If you said near Wonderland, I'm not too far. Did you check with the other places I mentioned?

CTC will do them if they have a licensed motorcycle mechanic on staff. Or maybe that particular store doesn't want to for whatever reason.

Hmmmm, thought they did, one day a week. If you said near Wonderland, I'm not too far. Did you check with the other places I mentioned?

Currently calling around, cycle world Superstore does a pick/dropoff round trip for $100. I ordered my parts from Canada Motercycles and am hoping it arrive by Wednesday. I've never done a sprocket/chain change so I might just get the shop to do it. They would have to install the new rear tire also. On Monday, I'm gona call cycle world and get a qoute.

Currently calling around, cycle world Superstore does a pick/dropoff round trip for $100. I ordered my parts from Canada Motercycles and am hoping it arrive by Wednesday. I've never done a sprocket/chain change so I might just get the shop to do it. They would have to install the new rear tire also. On Monday, I'm gona call cycle world and get a qoute.

Didn't you call Ted from Rosey Toes? What did he say?

Didn't you call Ted from Rosey Toes? What did he say?

I haven't contacted him yet, I plan I calling him Monday morning, Either way I have to wait for my parts to arrive. After watching some online videos I think I can manage the sprocket change, I also might do the chain myself if I find a tool. I will take the tire off and take it to a rim shop for install... ill put the bike back together and she will be ready for safety. My only concern is that I have intergtated turn signals. Will that be a problem?

I haven't contacted him yet, I plan I calling him Monday morning, Either way I have to wait for my parts to arrive. After watching some online videos I think I can manage the sprocket change, I also might do the chain myself if I find a tool. I will take the tire off and take it to a rim shop for install... ill put the bike back together and she will be ready for safety. My only concern is that I have intergtated turn signals. Will that be a problem?

Could be......a problem...

if it's an easy install, put the stock ones in, get your safety and then put the integrated one back on, it's one less thing for them to use against you for a safety.....

Ok, I'm going to open up the bike on Wednesday. Is the kickstands killswitch required?

For the most part, anything that came with the bike needs to be there for safety. If you need a shop to mount the tire, Ted does it as well. Every bike I've bought in the last decade and a half has been safetied by Ted. Then again, I on;y buy bikes that are road worthy from the get go.

No problem with integrated signals, as long as they work is fine.

If Rosey Toes does it nothing should be a problem, he has cert bikes that were missing a lot more then just turn signals in the past LOL If it has 2 wheels Ted would cert it for the $$$

True enough....LOL

but if the OP is not taking it to Rosey Toes, he could have a problem.......

it's how they say,,,,it's not what you know but who you know.....there are places that will do a cert sight unseen......so I have heard.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom