Safety Certificate house calls? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety Certificate house calls?

BulletPROZ

Hi guys,
I just bought a used Motorcycle and i need to safety it, Its at my house and i cant really move it, I was wondering is their are shops that do house call Inspections for the bike? I live next to wonderland. If anyone has any insight on this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

The ministry will issue you a 10 day temp sticker and plate for you.

The ministry will issue you a 10 day temp sticker and plate for you.

Its my first bike, and it needs a new chain, sprockets and rear tire. which is why i cant move it currently. i have ordered the sprocket, chain and rear tire... i can do all the changes myself, but i don't feel confident riding around yet.

Its my first bike, and it needs a new chain, sprockets and rear tire. which is why i cant move it currently. i have ordered the sprocket, chain and rear tire... i can do all the changes myself, but i don't feel confident riding around yet.

stupid weather app...telling me it's -10c and icy outside
next thing you know my calendar app will say we are close to the start of Feb

Fair enough but you may have to enlist a friend to ride it to a shop. House calls are hard to get. Your local Canadian Tire may do bike safeties if that's a more convenient option.

Well nobody is going to give you a safety if the bike needs repairs, so house call or not it won't happen. Do the repairs and take it over to the Canadian Tire at Jane and Rutherford. As others have said, it's not legal to perform inspections except at the place of business.

Yeah what that guy said. If your bike needs a chain,sprockets and a tire your bikes not gonna get safetied... Most shops will pickup your bike for a small fee

i can do all the changes myself, but i don't feel confident riding around yet.

You're not going to gain that confidence by not riding it. May as well do the repairs, get the temp sticker, and ride it over. Find a buddy to tag along in their car, leading you to the shop and ease the stress of the first ride.

Not really, except once it's "unfit" you can't get a ten-day trip permit. Big deal, safety it then ride it, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, except once it's "unfit" you can't get a ten-day trip permit. Big deal, safety it then ride it, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how are you supposed buy a used bike? Buy bike, wait until spring to transfer ownership, get temp plates for safety, and then register/plate it?

If you register the bike as unfit you will not be able to get a temporary plate later. You can only get a temporary plate when you transfer ownership.

Its illegal for a mechanic to leave the shop with the safety certificate book.
That book must remain on the shop premises at all times,they can get fined for even having it on there front seat.

Back
Top Bottom