Inflatable hot tubs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Inflatable hot tubs

There is a lot of things I would buy used, but a hot tub is right up there with a toilet in my mind. I couldn't do it. I was grossed out when buying a house that people thought their jetted bathtubs added value or something.

CG I used to know someone who sold salt water tubs. What is your price range?

There is a lot of things I would buy used, but a hot tub is right up there with a toilet in my mind. I couldn't do it. I was grossed out when buying a house that people thought their jetted bathtubs added value or something.

CG I used to know someone who sold salt water tubs. What is your price range?

not sure of price range, situation is complicated, I'll catch you on BBM.

Something like this looks interesting, my current tub is 59" though one wall could be knocked out

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/59-...wer-enclosure-kit-with-whirlpool-bath-/403695

Last edited:
not sure of price range, situation is complicated, I'll catch you on BBM.

Something like this looks interesting, my current tub is 59" though one wall could be knocked out

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/59-...wer-enclosure-kit-with-whirlpool-bath-/403695

Make sure you try the jet tub before you buy it. My parents stretched their reno budget to buy a bubbler tub and hate it. It's loud and not at all what they expected. Unfortunately, at most stores you don't get to see tubs in action.

Make sure you try the jet tub before you buy it. My parents stretched their reno budget to buy a bubbler tub and hate it. It's loud and not at all what they expected. Unfortunately, at most stores you don't get to see tubs in action.

Mine is loud; that's for sure. Maybe go to a higher end bathroom/plumbing store instead of Home Depot? They take a crap load of hot water to fill and it takes some elbow grease to clean them after. However, after doing the driveway it sure is nice to hit the tub with some bubbles in it. Do I need to turn in my man card?

Not sure if adding the tub would add much if any equity to your home but it might be one of those things that might put someone over the edge to make an offer.

^^^ what zoodles said. There are thousands of jet tubs that never get used. But there are also newer models that use about 40% less water to get the jets covered and functional. You have to shop. The worst offenders are the big corner triangle tubs, they look nice but may need their own hot water tank to fill.

^^^ what zoodles said. There are thousands of jet tubs that never get used. But there are also newer models that use about 40% less water to get the jets covered and functional. You have to shop. The worst offenders are the big corner triangle tubs, they look nice but may need their own hot water tank to fill.

I should post a pic of mine. It is more like a huge tub which flares out at each end. Tons of room for two people. It has two valves for adjusting how much air is in the system. It can almost have too much power actually in the jets. Wowsa though... Man does it use a lot of water!

The worst offenders are the big corner triangle tubs, they look nice but may need their own hot water tank to fill.

Or two, the two corner tubs I have seen installed were well over 100 gallons (both houses had 60 gallon hot water tanks and filling the tub required using straight hot water until the tank was cool then waiting an hour for the tank to reheat and repeating). One of the few times a tankless water heater makes a lot of sense.

They make some pretty nice looking jet tub fully enclosed shower stall combos that fit into a Std 59-60in hole . Dont forget to budget for an electrician - drinking buddy that can do the correct hookup with a GFI circuit.

Sounds stupid. Unless you have the proper space for a tub indoors, it's just asking for trouble... humidity, mould, and 1000L of water in an inflated balloon, inside your house.

Them hot tubs don't sound so infallible all of a sudden.

Back
Top Bottom