Guverment closing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guverment closing

Jayv

Site Supporter
Said to see the place closing, when i first moved to Canada spent many weekends at this place when it was known as RPM.

Another victim of the one bedroom condo movement downtown.

Yeaah guv is legendary. But the space will be of much better use as condos. Hopefully the city decides to revamp that whole area. Could turn out quite nice

RPM were the good days!

To bad they don't re-build inside the condo. I wouldn't live there, but would still be cool to have to that around.

Never heard of RPM before lol

Despite all the sketchy ppl that hang around from time to time and all the illegitimate business that goes under its roof, it's one place I truly had the most fun without any doubt.
Also sad to see it go, but also happy that there will be a new one opening up. Meanwhile, it's relocating to Sound Academy by the docks. The grand plan is apparently to move it closer to downtown core to a place that is big enough.

17yrs... generations of ppl passing through year by year. Glad to be a part =)

Keep forgetting this came down to who held the lease and not how popular the place was

Last edited:
Used to go to RPM when I first moved to Toronto in '87. Chris Sheppard was the DJ and they went direct to air on CFNY. I vaguely remember some after hours alcohol fueled excursions up the mountain of raw sugar across the street at Redpath. Good times!

Back
Top Bottom