Street gear advice for noob. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Street gear advice for noob.

I took the course with a jean jacket and jeans, but it would really have sucked if it rained.
Dont forget something for rain, and pants over boots in the rain.
Helmet was a $65 snell hjc from GP bikes, a pair of combat boots, and some cheapy gloves from the show that split on my first fall.

Later I got some waterproof textile, better boots, gloves, and a flip helmet.

Now I'm onto the leathers, back to a full face etc.

You have to balance risk with reward and cost here, and everyone is different,
but chances are you'll make changes to anything you first buy.

Also if it's your first time, you might want to hold off buying expensive gear to start.
motorcycling isn't for everyone. Some lose interest very quickly after getting on the road.

Decent gear up front is best, you save in the long run by skipping the step of buying crap.
Like everything it's a choice.
I have a friend that bought some reinforced Moto jeans.
As a beginner he took a little spill a block from his home. Very low speed. Burnt right through, result hole in knee.
I wouldn't doubt leathers would have protected him.
People seem to trivialize what low speed can do to you.
50kph on asphalt can do some serious grinding away at jeans and textile. I had a textile over pant melt away at a low speed impact. Wasn't impressed.
I've had multiple offs at the track, some at stupid speed.
And leathers have always held up. Never had any road rash while rocking leathers.
Sure I get ****** when I have to replace a set of $400 gloves. But when I look back and think about it, money well spent. I see plenty of people riding very nice bikes with some pretty exhaust on them, with the rider in some crap gear. I always assume they haven't had a good off yet. When they do they will either get some nice gear or decide that Moto isn't for them.
I do have friends and family that ride with minimal gear, personal choice they know the risks and accept it.

Thx. What jeans did you have?

So now I've completely changed up what I'm going to pick up. Looking at getting something like the icon sprocket leather jacket w/d30 armor. Gauntlet style gloves, some kind of over pant for commuting but still interested in a Kevlar jean for booting around in. I'd like a pair of garne boots but I'm probably going to have to settle for something cheaper at first. Helmet something that exceeds ece and dot testing.
Normal jeans DC I think lol , now I ride with only kevlar and icon knee pads under and I think this year I'll get leather pants to match the rest of my outfit

Back
Top Bottom