Insurance when renting in Florida | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance when renting in Florida

Chribelle

My partner and I will be renting two bikes in Florida, likely Harley's. We expected the daily rental price, but are surprised that we may have to pay $25 a day for damage and another $25 a day for third party liability. Anyone has experience renting in Florida ? The dealer said that most renters only take the damage insurance ? I guess they want to make sure that their bike is protected, but adding $50 a day per bike really raises the cost... Any advice ?

Contact your insurance here. I went down in October and and for car rental, it was all covered by my current plan in Canada. Didn't have to pay the rental companies crazy rate. Hopefully motorcycles are the same?..

Contact your insurance here. I went down in October and and for car rental, it was all covered by my current plan in Canada. Didn't have to pay the rental companies crazy rate. Hopefully motorcycles are the same?..

+1, with my insurance as long as I have the correct license class and the vehicles is less than $75,000 (I think, i confirm before each trip), I am covered.

You might as well check anyway, but I believe most of the time motorcycle policies do not extend to motorcycle rentals. Same thing with credit card rental insurance.

OPCF 27 is only transferable for cars, doesn't apply to motorcycles, can't even add it to the policy.

every time i rent in florida i buy the insurance,the worst drivers in north america,and with all the seniors down there it just adds to the problem,good luck.

Back
Top Bottom