Need help getting a scooter oil pump for my friend in Cuba. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help getting a scooter oil pump for my friend in Cuba.

Williams

I'm going to Cuba on the 30th. I don't have much time left and am looking for an oil pump for a 2003 jog 50. It can be a chinese cheap one as long as it is for a minarelli 50cc engine. Anyone have one or know who would most certainly have one?

Much thanks in advance

Williams

I'm going to Cuba on the 30th. I don't have much time left and am looking for an oil pump for a 2003 jog 50. It can be a chinese cheap one as long as it is for a minarelli 50cc engine. Anyone have one or know who would most certainly have one?

Much thanks in advance

Williams
Another Lurker! Welcome to the club! Locally all I can say is goodluck! I've got a couple smaller cc bikes that classify as scooters and they're a PITA to get parts for locally. Have you called the scrap yards/any local shops that have got parts/bikes kicking around? Or Snow City Yamaha? Beyond that I'd say Ebay. Either way unless you find someone with the part locally you'll need expedited shipping. I'd also be curious to see if any of the honda mini shops around the GTA have a better idea, they probably wont since they only deal with small Honda's but wouldn't hurt to try. Good Luck, Safe Vacation!

why not just mix in tank?? its not like the temp changes much to effect mixture.

He's already doing that. The hoses are blocked off. But it's Cuba. The scooter is his means of transportation. He will use it alot and year round. Having the 'convenience' of an oil injector won't just be a convenience to go boot around town. He's ok for now. I'm going to go down and bring him some cvt belts, tools, and other parts he needs. I'll help him figure out what else it needs and do some of the work. Later I can get someone else going down to bring him an oil pump.

He's already doing that. The hoses are blocked off. But it's Cuba. The scooter is his means of transportation. He will use it alot and year round. Having the 'convenience' of an oil injector won't just be a convenience to go boot around town. He's ok for now. I'm going to go down and bring him some cvt belts, tools, and other parts he needs. I'll help him figure out what else it needs and do some of the work. Later I can get someone else going down to bring him an oil pump.

Very cool of you to help him. I've found in Cuba they are generally fixing things with bed spring and bubble gum. My parents go to Cuba a fair bit, always take paper/pencils etc for the local school, clothing for a few of the locals, stuff like that. Most people there have nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to hear something f***'d up? I purchased a pink cell phone case on ebay from a guy in Vancouver. I send a message in paypal ..... Please ship as soon as possible. I need it by January 29. I'm going to Cuba and it's for my Cuban friends' girlfriend for her birthday.. Paypal restricted my account and sent me this....

• To--------------------

We need your help
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxxx

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system.

PayPal is committed to complying with and meeting its global regulatory
obligations. One obligation is to ensure that our customers, merchants, and
partners are also in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
including those set forth by OFAC, in their use of PayPal.

PayPal's Compliance Department has reviewed your account and identified
activity that is in violation of United States regulations administered by
the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Please consult the following website for further information regarding OFAC
regulations:
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Pages/default.aspx

OFAC rules currently prohibit the purchase or sale of various goods and
services originating from Cuba.

In addition, OFAC also prohibits the purchase or sale of goods and services
by those individuals designated as Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs).

It has come to our attention that you initiated a payment for the purchase
of an item or items originating from Cuba that is currently prohibited by
OFAC rules.

To ensure that future activity and transactions comply with current
regulations, PayPal is requesting that you complete the following appeal
step:

• Agree to no longer undertake activities in violation of laws,
regulations and rules as outlined in PayPal's User Agreement.

Please log in to your account and go to the Resolution Center to find out
what you need to do.

If we don't hear from you by January 30, 2015, we will limit what you can
do with your account until the issue is resolved.

Any further violations will result in the closure of your account. As a
result of the violation, details of your account and the transaction have
been reported to OFAC.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We apologize for any
inconvenience.

Sincerely,

PayPal Compliance Department

Yeah, that's f-----d up.

Because it's cuba is exactly why he should mix his own oil. Oil pumps fail and replacing the motor down there would suck. The only sure way to know that there is oil in the gas is to put it there yourself.

In the end if that's what he wants I'll help him get that fixed. There are reasons for both ways but in the end I won't tell him what to do. It's important to me that he make the choice and not me because I am living in Canada and have to means to force my opinion on him and I wouldn't do that. It would be like the U.S. trying to enforce it's embargo of Cuba on me buying a gift for a friend. If his engine broke it wouldn't be long before he received the parts and tools to fix it that I will send.

My other Cuban friends' bike...

harlet cuba.jpg

Last edited:
In the end if that's what he wants I'll help him get that fixed. There are reasons for both ways but in the end I won't tell him what to do. It's important to me that he make the choice and not me because I am living in Canada and have to means to force my opinion on him and I wouldn't do that. It would be like the U.S. trying to enforce it's embargo of Cuba on me buying a gift for a friend. If his engine broke it wouldn't be long before he received the parts and tools to fix it that I will send.

My other Cuban friends' bike...

View attachment 36297

I don't want to sound racist but, holy ****! That man is black!

So I have send my complaint to several Canadian agencies and to the Attorney General of Canada informing them that paypal is in violation of the Foreign Extraterritorial Measures Act.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/F-29/index.html

http://www.gowlings.com/services/dbic/?p=11#6

The item in question?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pink-Silicon...e-2-II-N-7100-Gift-/391019047333?roken=cUgayN

I'm curious how you will make out with this. Seems like in the not-too-distant future it will be a moot point.

It hasn't happened yet. But the US is still going full steam trying to impose its' control over the entire world. Ever try to get a hold of paypal? Try it. They make it almost impossible to contact them. You can call them by phone... where someone repeats what it said in the threatening message they sent you and nothing more. Try it. Send them an email and ask for a response. Good luck finding their email address. Especially one that still works.

It hasn't happened yet. But the US is still going full steam trying to impose its' control over the entire world. Ever try to get a hold of paypal? Try it. They make it almost impossible to contact them. You can call them by phone... where someone repeats what it said in the threatening message they sent you and nothing more. Try it. Send them an email and ask for a response. Good luck finding their email address. Especially one that still works.

this is accurate
Most of their complaints are handled from India and they read the sames notes back to you.

Back
Top Bottom