Peel region garbage moving to carts, bi-weekly pickup. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Peel region garbage moving to carts, bi-weekly pickup.

None of these bins will fit in the place where my blue box sits ... underneath a shelf in the kitchen cabinets. Oh well.

If you can leave the bin out of the way, you can still use your blue box for in-home collection and then just dump it into the big bin when you fill it up. That's how we roll in t-dot yo! :cool:

I wonder if this is to enable an eventual switch to those new 1-man garbage trucks (the ones with articulated robot arms, where the driver never really leaves the cab - I've seen them in Toronto a couple of times).

Only the GTA could make this so stupid, at my other house the bins come in one size so the truck can scoop them with side arms and one guy is in the truck. He almost never leaves the drivers seat. It keeps costs in line and it makes sense, Toronto will never figure out the easy stuff.

The new trucks that are also coming have arms that can handle the three different size of bins without the driver having to leave his seat.

Don't let "biweekly" scare you. Collection will still be weekly for the stinky (green cart compostable) stuff. It's just that the blue and grey carts will be collected on alternate weeks - one week green and gray, the next green and blue.

They should have done this looong time ago. I cannot wait for the property tax savings ... LOL ... we will save, right?

You get used to the bins quickly. Nice clean setup. I've stored mine outside for years,No issues. You get used to the bi-weekly pickup. It's all about those 1 man operated trucks.

I've had the large boxes since day 1. Works well. Heck sometimes I wish the recycle one was bigger.

They should have done this looong time ago. I cannot wait for the property tax savings ... LOL ... we will save, right?

yah right.....LOL

You get used to the bins quickly. Nice clean setup. I've stored mine outside for years,No issues. You get used to the bi-weekly pickup. It's all about those 1 man operated trucks.

I've had the large boxes since day 1. Works well. Heck sometimes I wish the recycle one was bigger.

I figure now I can get rid of the garbage can I have, and no need to buy the garbage bags that were put into the garbage can, to just take out and have it all thrown out....

now we can just toss the garbage into the large bin, and as they pickup and dump, it will just all fall into their truck....

sounds like a good setup.....

Why are we calling wheelie bins carts? I was imagining some kind of futuristic four wheeled garbage transport

Whoever designed and tested the green bin sure did a halfass job. Easy to tip and lid pops off upon impact resulting in obese raccoon population explosion.

Also why was it necessary to re-invent the wheel? Out in Grimsby the green bin has a locking latch on it. So effective that it keeps me out half the time

yah right.....

Don't freaking tell me that ..... I mean seriously, one man operated truck, and they will pick two bins only bi-weekly. There has to be a cheque coming back my way .... Where's RoFo when one needs him?

just wait till winter and you have to shovel the curb to keep your bin from falling over,i dont expect the driver to get out of the cab if he cant hook your bin.

I wonder how these bins will do in wind-storms?

Not that blue boxes do that well ... if it's windy on pick-up day, everyone's blue boxes are strewn all over the neighborhood. I've lost a couple that way and broken a couple more because they blew out into traffic. But a tall box on wheels doesn't look stable. Normally if the forecast calls for lots of wind, I save it up for the next week.

"Weekly collection of the stinky stuff" ... Does used kitty litter qualify for the green bin??

Not that blue boxes do that well ... if it's windy on pick-up day, everyone's blue boxes are strewn all over the neighborhood. I've lost a couple that way and broken a couple more because they blew out into traffic. But a tall box on wheels doesn't look stable. Normally if the forecast calls for lots of wind, I save it up for the next week.

"Weekly collection of the stinky stuff" ... Does used kitty litter qualify for the green bin??

Sorry, that's a no go.

Kitty litter:
Due to health & safety concerns at our composting facilities, the Region of Peel does not accept pet waste in the organics (green) bin. Please continue to dispose of pet waste in your garbage in a separately tied, leak proof bag or container. Note: Pet waste must not take up more than 10 per cent of your garbage bag or container's capacity and each bag or container cannot weigh more than 20 kgs (44 lbs) each.

Every two weeks for your cat ****.

Parents have them, do ok during wind. Worst is they may blow over when windy, unlike the blue boxes they don't blow away. Kitty litter in the green bin varies by region. I think Toronto may let it, my region doesn't.

I hope all my garbage bins are recyclable .

Back
Top Bottom