Ford Focus ST vs ZX 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ford Focus ST vs ZX 10

Why did that vid look deceivingly slow?

Why do we even have sections on this forum? Everyone dumps everything into General, heh.

Anyway, is this KPH or MPH? If KPH it's not very surprising. My 90HP diesel would do 200 KPH (indicated). My 185 HP Saab would do 220 KPH (or so I've read. I had it at 170 in 3rd gear). The Focus ST is 250 HP so probably much higher. The bike would beat it off the line easily, I would think. Actually most of the video the guy on the bike didn't seem to be trying. The only info I can find says the 2014 ZX10R has an estimated top speed of over 320 kph.

I don't see the point of high HP in a fwd car. Tires must spin like crazy on launch without cutting back power. Heck my 250 HP AWD WRX could spin the tires if the road was a bit wet and I tried hard enough.

Last edited:
Why did that vid look deceivingly slow?

The speed differential really isn't all that high. Back in the day I used to cruise at 150 kph and hit 200 a couple times and it never really seemed that fast on the highway.

Why do we even have sections on this forum? Everyone dumps everything into General, heh.

Anyway, is this KPH or MPH? If KPH it's not very surprising. My 90HP diesel would do 200 KPH (indicated). My 185 HP Saab would do 220 KPH (or so I've read. I had it at 170 in 3rd gear). The Focus ST is 250 HP so probably much higher. The bike would beat it off the line easily, I would think. Actually most of the video the guy on the bike didn't seem to be trying. The only info I can find says the 2014 ZX10R has an estimated top speed of over 320 kph.

I don't see the point of high HP in a fwd car. Tires must spin like crazy on launch without cutting back power. Heck my 250 HP AWD WRX could spin the tires if the road was a bit wet and I tried hard enough.
Keeps the forum alive during slow times.

The speedo is reading in KPH.

The Focus ST is a pretty cool little car but that video is stupid. Modern liter bikes are nearly untouchable in roll-ons up to about 250kph. You need a car that is truly special and exceptionally powerful to run with a modern liter bike up to 250kph. A true head-to-head would show that ZX10R walking away from a Focus ST.

I agree I have a focus ST. Awesome little car but its no match for a bike let alone a zx10. Anyway that's an ST but an older euro model most likely tuned. It ONLY comes in manual, no slushboxes.
Oh and the RS will be coming here for sure. Just waiting to see if it's going to be AWD. If it is, say goodbye to my camry, and the ST will have an older brother to play with lol.

There is a video of a panigale superleggera vs mclaren p1 vs 918 porsche. Pretty good comparison http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfLqa4vlmFI
Also in the RS video above, it's just a test mule pre 2015 facelift ST with RS engine and powertrain. So it will probably not look like that as you see in the video.
Ford still has not fully confirmed or denied the AWD yet as is rumored in the ST forums. It could be fwd with an lsd and revoknuckle suspension like the older euro model. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.of AWD

Last edited:
The speedo is reading in KPH.

The Focus ST is a pretty cool little car but that video is stupid. Modern liter bikes are nearly untouchable in roll-ons up to about 250kph. You need a car that is truly special and exceptionally powerful to run with a modern liter bike up to 250kph. A true head-to-head would show that ZX10R walking away from a Focus ST.
An example I've seen is a s1000rr vs a veyron supersport. Bike walks it from 50 kmh roll and you don't get many cars faster than those.

I agree I have a focus ST. Awesome little car but its no match for a bike let alone a zx10. Anyway that's an ST but an older euro model most likely tuned. It ONLY comes in manual, no slushboxes.
Oh and the RS will be coming here for sure. Just waiting to see if it's going to be AWD. If it is, say goodbye to my camry, and the ST will have an older brother to play with lol.

There is a video of a panigale superleggera vs mclaren p1 vs 918 porsche. Pretty good comparison http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfLqa4vlmFI
Also in the RS video above, it's just a test mule pre 2015 facelift ST with RS engine and powertrain. So it will probably not look like that as you see in the video.
Ford still has not fully confirmed or denied the AWD yet as is rumored in the ST forums. It could be fwd with an lsd and revoknuckle suspension like the older euro model. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.of AWD

I have multiple emails from Ford saying it will never come here... I used to bug them regularly to bring it here. The last is from 2 years ago though
No demand and price was their reasons

Last edited:
Two years ago is a long time. Its coming to North America and was confirmed awhile ago by Ford. Everyone expected to see it at the Detroit auto show. But it would have been overshadowed by the Ford GT and GT350R.
Trust me it's coming so start saving your pennies as I have been doing since I bought the ST last May lol.
It's part of Fords one global program. That's why we(north America) finally got the ST focus in 2013.
The RS will be limited though for sure.

Last edited:
will this car catch on fire once North America bean counters make changes?

It'll go from 300hp and AWD, to 250hp and FWD along with some gizmos to make it look faster....

I hope they do bring the RS...then all the guys with Focus ST's will trade them up :) and I'll trade my up my Si for the ST!

Was gonna buy a Ford focus St last year. Ended up going with a scion Frs. not too familiar with the older sts but I know the new ones are pretty quick, you can even slightly put it in a drift or lift the rear tires off the ground around a heavy turn (even though it's a fwd). Don't get me started on that beautiful interior.

Never mind the rs, y'all should have your eyes on the vw golf r and praying it's gonna come to NA

(unless it already has, haven't been paying attention to it lately. Pretty sure they're being sold in Europe)

The Golf R has been available here for the past 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom