Fun Kijiji Experiences | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fun Kijiji Experiences

My only and biggest beef is when people say they are going to come and they don't show up. Since then, I respectfully ask them to kindly let me know in advance if they change their mind and won't be showing up so I don't waste my time sitting and waiting, and 99% of the time, they oblige and I'm ok with that. People change their minds on purchases, I'm ok with that too.
This.

I could care less about lowballers. If I don't like the price I don't even bother responding. However, people who converse with you multiple times agreeing on a price, date, and time to pickup and then either don't show up or message last minute saying they can't make it piss me off.

I've sold every one of my bikes through kijiji and found good buyers every time. I tried Auto Trader once and I got nothing but offshore oil workers and nigerian princes.

When I was looking for a passat TDI there was one on kijiji that was selling close to $6000. I called the person a few times till I got a hold of them. We arranged we would meet. Did not answer next day. After a few more unanswered calls during the week he answered and I arranged to see him in an hour. When I got to where we were supposed to meet he never showed up and did not answer his phone. A month latter it was for sale for $4200... still not answering the phone, but I lost interest anyways. In the end I got so sick and tired of dealing with TDI + KIJIJI, that I almost imported one from europe.

Buying and selling crap on kijiji is EXACTLY like dating. People will tell you they are interested in your wares or your offer. Even tell you how excited they are to make a deal, etc. Arrange a meeting etc. Then last minute they will either cancel, stopy replying to you/ignore you all of a sudden for no apparent reason, or they'll show up but what they have to offer is much worse in person then they advertised online. Once in a blue moon though you hit the jackpot and deal with a normal, courteous person that reminds you how this crap is supposed to actually work. In summary, most people are retarded.

Waiting for Sonny's reply...

kijiji is hit or miss, last years treat , I have no need for product X its available for free, you pick it up. "whats the least you will take?" , well its already free.... "If I come get it can you help load it?", yes I can, " Is it complete and working?" , yes its complete, it works, I just don't need it and thought somebody else could make use of it, I just want the space it occupies back, " I don't believe it works or you'd want money" , your right I'll need $100.00 for it., " OK now I believe you, I'll bring $100 cash and pick it up" ........ if you insist.........

I have nothing but great experiences with Kijiji. Sure you get the odd loser, but thats life. just ignore all the nigerian and retarded offers, and you can usually tell who the more serious ones are.

My only and biggest beef is when people say they are going to come and they don't show up. Since then, I respectfully ask them to kindly let me know in advance if they change their mind and won't be showing up so I don't waste my time sitting and waiting, and 99% of the time, they oblige and I'm ok with that. People change their minds on purchases, I'm ok with that too.

some great deals out there to be had. and sold a tonne of stuff too.

I tell people when I'm going to be around. They adjust their schedules if they're interested. If they don't show it's no loss to me because the lawn got mowed, the bike washed etc.

Yeah OP. I got the same thing in reverse. Looking for a used 360 I found one not far from me. He canceled on me twice and wasn't home the third time. So Kijiji is "fun" for both sellers and buyers I guess.

Hate selling on kijiji. I don't reply to 60% of the emails I get.

I'm in the middle of a kijiji deal right now where I'm buying something. Add was posted on Tuesday. I send my reply "when is a good time to come see/buy the item?" His reply "well I'm out of town until Saturday, what is your offer?" we agree on a price and he will send me his address on Friday. Add has been removed. We will see if I get a reply.

Yeah OP. I got the same thing in reverse. Looking for a used 360 I found one not far from me. He canceled on me twice and wasn't home the third time. So Kijiji is "fun" for both sellers and buyers I guess.
Yes, even when buying it sucks. WHen I was shopping for a Guitar for my sister a month ago the phaggot canceled on me twice and when I tried to reschedule he COMPLETELY IGNORED MY TEXTS till like 2 days later when all of a sudden he had time. If I wasn't on such a tight schedule and really needed the guitar I would have told him to go **** himself and bought from someone else.

It's kind of funny but people are so used to dealing with scumbags that when they actually meet someone like me, they're like WTF? Bought my winter tires+rims off some guy on Kijiji. Price was already low, so after I saw them I was like, "you know what man, price looks good so out of principal I will give you your asking price". The dude nearly **** his pants and, get this, he went "well man, actually I was planning on selling them for X price (which was $50 less than his asking price). **** blew my mind, when I DIDN'T bargain like practically EVERY SINGLE PERSON does the dude bargained for me! LMAO

I like the replies that start with "is your item still for sale." Then the next reply is, I believe you are honest in its condition, what is your lowest amount you will take, send more pictures, since I am in the arctic circle ( or Bangkok or northern Quebec etc.) I will send my agent to pick up the item and when I receive it I will transfer the funds to your PayPal account. Remove your ad from Kijiji. I usually email them back telling them I hope they die a horrible death from some form of cancer below the waist line. That being said, after dealing with several of those bogus offers I did indeed sell my both my boat and motorcycle on Kijiji.

Yes, even when buying it sucks. WHen I was shopping for a Guitar for my sister a month ago the phaggot canceled on me twice and when I tried to reschedule he COMPLETELY IGNORED MY TEXTS till like 2 days later when all of a sudden he had time. If I wasn't on such a tight schedule and really needed the guitar I would have told him to go **** himself and bought from someone else.

It's kind of funny but people are so used to dealing with scumbags that when they actually meet someone like me, they're like WTF? Bought my winter tires+rims off some guy on Kijiji. Price was already low, so after I saw them I was like, "you know what man, price looks good so out of principal I will give you your asking price". The dude nearly **** his pants and, get this, he went "well man, actually I was planning on selling them for X price (which was $50 less than his asking price). **** blew my mind, when I DIDN'T bargain like practically EVERY SINGLE PERSON does the dude bargained for me! LMAO

True. When I put my 2013 BMW 1200GS up for sale recently, I got a response from a guy in a small town in Manitoba. Immediately I thought another scam. Turns out the guy did buy my bike, and the accessories I also had up for sale and paid the asking price. He even E-transfered $10,000 as a DP sight unseen for the bike. We meet halfway in Wawa, Ontario to seal the deal.

I am having problems BUYING in Kijiji...

I need a text book, and the price for a new one is $150 at Amazon.ca. I found a few for sale in Kijiji, so I emailed the cheapest seller (asking $60).

Me: "I will take the book, I can pick it up mostly anywhere in the GTA, let me know your location and a good time for pick up"
She: "Hi, I live at Dufferin and King St., best day is Wednesday (two days in the future at that point), let's pick up a public place to meet, somewhere on King St. Sounds good?"
Me: "OK, perfect, I'll be in Toronto that day, just tell me a place and the time..."
No reply
No reply

I followed up: "Hello, if you still have the book, please let me know, I really need it, and I can drive all the way to Toronto to pick it up, just name the place and a convenient time for you, thank you so muchin advance"

No reply
No reply

I emailed the next seller, and the same s%^&+ happened!!!

What's wrong with people? I am doing all the legwork, and still they don't want to unload their stuff.

Last edited:
No idea why someone from keswick is looking at gta ads (unless it's for a car and a good deal or something) and then gets surprised when I don't want to drive all that way for a 300 dollar xbox or when I don't trust people via fedex

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421944106359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421944106359.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 36
BTW, that whole "I only brought x amount" thing makes me LOL pretty hard too. Had some girl pull that on me years ago when I was selling my Mesa Single Recto Combo amp. Took a partial trade for a Martin acoustic guitar (which I still have) + cash. She said, I only brought X amount. I said fine since it was pretty reasonable amount and I basically expected it but she opens her wallet and I can see the extra money and just look her in the eyes and smile.....she had this stupid look on her face that was actually pretty funny. Like, don't worry, I knew you were full off **** anyways. lol

She called me later about some issue with the amp, I was like BISH, I bought that thing brand new and barely used it, thing is pristine, practically brand new condition.....don't give me crap about me trying to conceal problems. Actually ****** me off that she would even think I would even do something like that. I'm guessing it was her first tube amp and she didn't know some noise is normal.

Last edited:
I am having problems BUYING in Kijiji...

I need a text book, and the price for a new one is $150 at Amazon.ca. I found a few for sale in Kijiji, so I emailed the cheapest seller (asking $60).

Me: "I will take the book, I can pick it up mostly anywhere in the GTA, let me know your location and a good time for pick up"
She: "Hi, I live at Dufferin and King St., best day is Wednesday (two days in the future at that point), let's pick up a public place to meet, somewhere on King St. Sounds good?"
Me: "OK, perfect, I'll be in Toronto that day, just tell me a place and the time..."
No reply
No reply

I followed up: "Hello, if you still have the book, please let me know, I really need it, and I can drive all the way to Toronto to pick it up, just name the place and a convenient time for you, thank you so muchin advance"

No reply
No reply

I emailed the next seller, and the same s%^&+ happened!!!

What's wrong with people? I am doing all the legwork, and still they don't want to unload their stuff.

Yep, this is pretty normal........like I said......just like dating. 90% of people are flakes. The whole no-reply thing really drives me bonkers. Is it really THAT hard to reply saying "Sorry, sold it to someone else" or something? But no, they have to ignore you and keep you in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom