Need feedback on my SF quote | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need feedback on my SF quote

Hi All,

So I am looking around for insurance before I go out in the market for a bike.

Statefarm quoted me for variety of bikes I am looking to get possibly:

'09 Ninja 250 - $497
'12 CBR250R - $519
'08 Gixxer 600 - $968
'09 Gixxer 750 - $1221

Not top bad for the first time insurance?

I dont know... I am also insured with them for my car so they are applying the multivehicle discount...

Maybe I should try another agent/broker.. any suggestions for the first bike insurer?

Thanks+!!
David

Call another SF agent. Ask for bike insurance quotes. Don't combine it with the car.
Note the difference.
Then, call several places for auto insurance quotes.
Note the difference(s).
I'm quite sure you'll come out ahead separating them. Maybe not, but worth a try?

Hey David, I would say that is a reasonable quote.
At 20 with M2, lowest quote I have ever got it ~$2,000 (for Ninja 250/300, Duke 390).

Try other companies.
Some insurance broker posted on GTAM, Paul South Surnet insurance I believe, maybe get a quote from him.

Some insurance broker posted on GTAM, Paul South Surnet insurance I believe, maybe get a quote from him.

He is expensive too, but won't hurt to get a quote

I live in Concord with postal code starting L4K... my car insurance actually jumped $30 when I moved here from Scarborough...

I will definitely try some other insurers, wouldnt hurt to call them and see.

You are not going to beat these rates for SS bikes .... I still think they made a mistake, considering you are 25 with M2 with very short experience and living in GTA. It makes no sense that you paid less in Scarborough either .... I would be very cautious believing these numbers. Get another quote from a different SF broker, to make sure.

Those bikes rates are very good, but the rates for their car insurance are notoriously bad. You might want to double-check that first

I live in Concord with postal code starting L4K... my car insurance actually jumped $30 when I moved here from Scarborough...

I will definitely try some other insurers, wouldnt hurt to call them and see.

Dm me your deets, those numbers have to be wrong. I have a house, 2 cars, umbrella policy, 4 life insurance plans, am 40+, live in same area as you and pay $989 for a 1998 Honda Shadow 750. And was quoted on Monday $1000 for a 2011 Burgman 650 and I've been with SF for 15 years. My BIL is my agent, I can ask for you. Also consider, SF usually prices policies for 6 months. My renewal slips come every 6 months, that would be more realistic for the prices you mentioned, imo.

Let me clarify with my agent too... I do too get my car premium renewed every 6 months so maybe it works the same way with motorcycle... but when she said $968/year or $80.6/month I automatically thought that the premium was based on entire 12 months... let me found out the fime prints..

Got a confirm from the agent.. she said what she quoted me was for the whole year... alsonsaid cars are based on 6 month renwal but bikes are year long policies (I guess partially bexause off-on season matter and different payment methods: all in, 12-monthly or pay only during ride season)

OP can you let us know the price without car combined? As well as if they are fully insured or just liability

OP can you let us know the price without car combined? As well as if they are fully insured or just liability

Called my BIL, he also confirmed op's quotes. Great rates for the 250's

1000 deductible, standard coverage including collision and comprehensive... 1 mil liability. They said I save 40% on the motorcycle premium due to car vehicle. I also got the same response from another SF guy the Supershow

I had identical rates when I was 25 from SF so i'd say they are correct. My wife pays about $15 less than your quote on the Ninja at 30 and in the Barrie area.

1000 deductible, standard coverage including collision and comprehensive... 1 mil liability. They said I save 40% on the motorcycle premium due to car vehicle. I also got the same response from another SF guy the Supershow

That is SF's standard multi-vehicle policy with a bike, I got the same.
Unfortunately they were about $100/month higher on my car insurance ($185/m w/SF and $86/m w/Johnson)

You are not going to beat these rates for SS bikes .... I still think they made a mistake, considering you are 25 with M2 with very short experience and living in GTA. It makes no sense that you paid less in Scarborough either .... I would be very cautious believing these numbers. Get another quote from a different SF broker, to make sure.

SS makes no difference to SF. A 650 is more money than a 600. You likely won't find SS rates cheaper than SF for this reason. That said, their rates on cars are not good in GTA so if you're combining I'd go with a different bike and different insurer.

Back
Top Bottom