TPS found a stolen bike.. hope the owner sees this | GTAMotorcycle.com

TPS found a stolen bike.. hope the owner sees this

Sway

Toronto Police Service
News Release
tn0LzzMpFpT7aCNtBdHV2iwEZAVLM7iTYGn9FO4rSEhen5K2WA3FuRuAumJZ5uUIUR5EcSUWNkHIy-X7GWJH_AYOgc4Xd9sNWa3G=s0-d-e1-ft

Motorcycle recovered, owner sought

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:12 AM
Intelligence Services
416-808-4547

The Toronto Police Services is attempting to reunite a recovered motorcycle with its owner.

It is reported that:

- on Tuesday, January 6, 2015, two stolen motorcycles were recovered by police

- one was readily identifiable, and returned to its owner

- a second was not identifiable, and is described as an early-70s Honda CB350

The owner is asked to contact police, at 416-808-4547.

For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.

Most likely the same CB350 described in this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...60/1043243068?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Bike probably doesn't have a current registration and last registered owner is long gone. Not worth much.

RetroGrouch I'm always on the lookout on kijiji for barn find old hondas. That stolen ad came up one day and when I saw this post and the information I thought about it right away, couldn't recall where I had seen it though.
WOW that's terrific. I'm not sure it was that bike that the guy posted on kijiji stolen. He's updated the ad. Both bikes were of the same size and age. Either way I'm very impressed and maybe even proud. Having just put an old honda on the road, and not recalling policy details the last time I put an old honda on the road, I was reminded that they don't insure for theft without an appraisal. So the poor guy was S.O.L. I'm very happy for the guy that did get his bike back. Is he here on GTAM? No one knows of anyone else missing one? I'm led to believe the one that was returned right away was the guy who posted the ad since if you look at the ad the bike is plated with a temp sticker so he must have registered it somewhat recently.

The owner of the red CB360 originally posted on Kijiji that his bike was stolen. Whoever stole his bike showed up at a shop trying to sell it and another bike, a silver CB350. I assumed someone at the shop ran a check on the bike VINs or saw the stolen bike ad on Kijiji and the red CB360 was returned to owner who then updated his ad. The other bike, a silver 1973 CB350 was taken by TPS and they are seeking the owner. I have my doubts it will be claimed and will end up in an auction.

Here's the TPS release: http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/30929

NR.30929.1421430933.jpg

Wow, nice bike.

The thief must be a real moron though, given the goofball way they attempted to move the bikes and the fact that they went after old Hondas in the first place. Oh well, I suppose there's always folks who'll steal anything not nailed down with no plan on how to move the stuff.

Ah, my old neighbourhood being true to form. Someone used to routinely break into my apartment building there and bash all the washing machines/dryers to steal $50 in change

Back
Top Bottom