LSL handlebar conversion kits by spieglers | GTAMotorcycle.com

LSL handlebar conversion kits by spieglers

油井緋色

Site Supporter
I have long debated on getting a SuperDuke R because I want the performance of a supersport bike with the ability to do long trips without body posture issues. Last year, due to maintaining an aggressive riding position for extended periods of time, and bad work posture, I had an issue with my ulnar nerve being pinched.

So, I'm wondering if anyone with an SS has done this conversion and how does it feel? I'd also really appreciate if I could sit on your bike to get a feel for it if you have done the conversion (I'll bring a beer lol).

For those who don't know what I'm referring to and are interested:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/controls/handlebar-conversion.html

油井緋色;2261603 said:
I have long debated on getting a SuperDuke R because I want the performance of a supersport bike with the ability to do long trips without body posture issues. Last year, due to maintaining an aggressive riding position for extended periods of time, and bad work posture, I had an issue with my ulnar nerve being pinched.

So, I'm wondering if anyone with an SS has done this conversion and how does it feel? I'd also really appreciate if I could sit on your bike to get a feel for it if you have done the conversion (I'll bring a beer lol).

For those who don't know what I'm referring to and are interested:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/controls/handlebar-conversion.html

I have done the Speigler conversion on a TL1000S, I have done a handlebar conversion to a TL1000R, and right now I have a Banditmania handlebar conversion on an SV1000S (comparable to Speigler).
If you can't find anything close to try I am in Waterdown. Shoot me a message, come by and see what you think.
i would not own a sportbike without this conversion now. It's awesome.

There are a number of guys on the ZX-10 board that have done this conversion. They seem very pleased with it.

I just finished installing a LSL kit on my turbo zx-14. A nice semi-aggressive/upright seating position (i went with the flat bar). I was on the fence for 4 years but i am happy i finally made the switch. Very comfortable from what I can tell. KM's will tell the real story.

Only thing i DID NOT like is that the braided lines do not come with SS bango bolts!

Hit me up with a PM and i will email you photos. And if you want, you are free to throw a leg over. I am in TO.

Last edited:
I prefer a clipon style riser setup, they allow pretty much unlimited bar position and up too 6" of height
Personally I just don't like the styling of a dirt bar on a sport motorcycle, I prefer the clipon style

I just got a set of Convertibars and I am impressed with the quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrD9CPfxkr8

I just drilled the triple and put an atv riser on it for a dirt bar. The LSL kit looks much cleaner, but my way was way cheaper, and still looks pretty clean.

You could go for a set of heli-bars if you want the height instead of the superbike/dirtbike bars.

I just drilled the triple and put an atv riser on it for a dirt bar. The LSL kit looks much cleaner, but my way was way cheaper, and still looks pretty clean.

You could go for a set of heli-bars if you want the height instead of the superbike/dirtbike bars.

That is incorrect. Heli bars don't even come close. I've had two sets of those previous to the Handlebar kits and they were more annoying than helpful.

I prefer a clipon style riser setup, they allow pretty much unlimited bar position and up too 6" of height
Personally I just don't like the styling of a dirt bar on a sport motorcycle, I prefer the clipon style

I just got a set of Convertibars and I am impressed with the quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrD9CPfxkr8

Im like you but with the opposite opinion. I find clip-ons useless on a street bike so really don't find them visually appealing. While your convertibars can go up and down, handlebars can actually be changed to the perfect height, width, and bend for your body and riding style. THAT is truly unlimited bar positioning.

They aren't as high, but its better than supersport clip-ons.

True. I just found them a stop gap solution I was never really happy with. Just my opinion of course.

Im like you but with the opposite opinion. I find clip-ons useless on a street bike so really don't find them visually appealing. While your convertibars can go up and down, handlebars can actually be changed to the perfect height, width, and bend for your body and riding style. THAT is truly unlimited bar positioning.

With converti type bars I can put my handle bars in any location I want, I can do any position that a dirt bar can offer but without having to buy multiple sets of bars. I can change my setup daily if I want too without having to buy new bars.

To each their own style wise, but your not making any sense saying a dirt bar is unlimited in bar positions compared to an adjustable set of riser clip-ons. There are 1000000 different height, bend, rise, blah blah dirt bars on the market, but a converti bar or similar can do all of them with one purchase.

With converti type bars I can put my handle bars in any location I want, I can do any position that a dirt bar can offer but without having to buy multiple sets of bars. I can change my setup daily if I want too without having to buy new bars.

To each their own style wise, but your not making any sense saying a dirt bar is unlimited in bar positions compared to an adjustable set of riser clip-ons. There are 1000000 different height, bend, rise, blah blah dirt bars on the market, but a converti bar or similar can do all of them with one purchase.

I fail to see how they can change the width of your hands, the angle of position of your wrists, or the ability to have your hands inches closer to your body or pushed out inches past the triple. You see I researched the Convertibars when I was shopping, and I found them limiting. With a bar you don't get 1 million bars, your get the one you want. Then you're done.

For those of you that have done the conversion, including the converti bars @ Johnny, what happens to the handling?

I ask because I've ridden 125s, 250s, 500s, and my 750. Granted the weight of the bike plays a role in how flick-able it is, I'm inclined to believe that the handle bar position is as well. I've always found the clip on positioning to be much more sluggish at slow speed maneuvers like u-turns compared to their higher counterparts (125, and 250 positioning).

油井緋色;2261802 said:
For those of you that have done the conversion, including the converti bars @ Johnny, what happens to the handling?

I ask because I've ridden 125s, 250s, 500s, and my 750. Granted the weight of the bike plays a role in how flick-able it is, I'm inclined to believe that the handle bar position is as well. I've always found the clip on positioning to be much more sluggish at slow speed maneuvers like u-turns compared to their higher counterparts (125, and 250 positioning).
I put an LSL bar conversion kit on my SV650S last year. Should have done it years ago. What a difference in comfort! In addition to being higher and closer to the rider, the bars are also wider than clip-ons. Because they're wider, you have more leverage which I found makes the steering lighter and quicker. On the highway (even with a new taller windshield) I catch a bit more wind on the shoulders and arms. That's not uncomfortable, but I think the combo of more wind impact and lighter steering effort is what makes my bike feel almost twitchy at highway speeds. Of course, I could always cut a bit off the ends of the bars to make them a bit narrower, but I actually like them the way they are.

BTW, BlueStreakRacing hooked me up with everything. The kits weren't listed on their website, but I emailed with kit # and got a quote. Price was competitive but without the duty or shipping costs.

Last edited:
I put an LSL bar conversion kit on my SV650S last year. Should have done it years ago. What a difference in comfort! In addition to being higher and closer to the rider, the bars are also wider than clip-ons. Because they're wider, you have more leverage which I found makes the steering lighter and quicker. On the highway (even with a new taller windshield) I catch a bit more wind on the shoulders and arms. That's not uncomfortable, but I think the combo of more wind impact and lighter steering effort is what makes my bike feel almost twitchy at highway speeds. Of course, I could always cut a bit off the ends of the bars to make them a bit narrower, but I actually like them the way they are.

BTW, BlueStreakRacing hooked me up with everything. The kits weren't listed on their website, but I emailed with kit # and got a quote. Price was competitive but without the duty or shipping costs.

I was planning to get it from BSR. My main concern now is clearance issues on my GSXR750. I barely have enough clearance at full lock due to my Braking USA master cylinder. I would prefer to not have to cut up my fairrings =(

The other issue I think I may have has to do with mirror positioning. Because you're more up right, are the mirrors still usable?

I upgraded to Speedymoto adjustable clip-ons on my Daytona. Initially, I had it setup at the highest and widest position for comfort and commuting. However, I found the position really weird for me, and it became more of a conscious effort to turn the bike. Also aggressive riding suffers a bit as I get less leverage where my inside arm is straight. I'm actually gonna re-adjust it so that the bars are narrower and closer to me, but the bars are still setup higher than stock for comfort during commuting. A good compromise! :)

油井緋色;2261817 said:
... Because you're more up right, are the mirrors still usable?
My mirrors, using stock clip-ons were almost useless because my elbows blocked most of the view. With the bars, my view angle is changed and my hands are higher/wider so now my hand / knuckles block most of the view. Really no better or worse for me. I should look into getting mirror extensions (blocks that fit between mirror and mounting point on the fairing) but haven't got around to it yet.

My SVthou already had the mirror extender blocks, they work and I can see fine. No fairing trim was needed. Handling is vastly improved with a huge increase in leverage. A Puig DB shield gave me back all the wind protection I will ever need.

I just finished installing a LSL kit on my turbo zx-14. A nice semi-aggressive/upright seating position (i went with the flat bar). I was on the fence for 4 years but i am happy i finally made the switch. Very comfortable from what I can tell. KM's will tell the real story.

Only thing i DID NOT like is that the braided lines do not come with SS bango bolts!

Hit me up with a PM and i will email you photos. And if you want, you are free to throw a leg over. I am in TO.

Hey does that fit well on a regular 2009 ZX-14 or just the Turbo version?

Back
Top Bottom