Had someone act like an ******* to me cause of the car I drive | GTAMotorcycle.com

Had someone act like an ******* to me cause of the car I drive

Roasted

Site Supporter
So I went to a gas station today to clean my car (since it's actually above 0) and decided to check the tire pressure just in case. Some dude was using the pump so I'm waiting and notice I have a toonie and no loonies and the machine takes loonies only. So I attempt to ask the dude if he has change. Dude, doesn't respond and continues pumping up his tires. Fair enough, the pump is timed, so I just wait for him to finish. Dude finishes, turns to me and then starts making comments about how I drive a "60 thousand dollar car" and in a somewhat sarcastic, and almost angry sounding tone says "good for you!". LOL, wtf? I drive a 2011 135i that I bought used for 25K. It's not even an expensive car. Do people just assume that if you drive a BMW you're automatically an ******* and treat you accordingly?

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

On a porcupine the pricks are on the outside

Someone with a Beemer slammed his old lady.

A 135i, lol... I'm not bashing your car, I like it even, but I know exactly what it is. Plus everyone knows the ******* car paradigm went BMW -> Audi -> G35/G37 a long time ago

Yea, ******** are no longer BMW drivers. Its switched to Audi a while ago.

You should have pointed at his face and laughed, hard. Then threw the toonie at him.

The problem with people today is that they don't know the specifics about cars. They recognize the badge, and automatically think it's very expensive.

They can't tell the difference between an M3 and a 323i, similarly with Mercedes... can't tell the difference between an AMG C63 and C200. Even if the blue-book value of your car is $5k, you're still driving luxury on a budget.

It's also one of the reasons ********** put fake AMG & M badge stickers on their cars.

So I went to a gas station today to clean my car (since it's actually above 0) and decided to check the tire pressure just in case. Some dude was using the pump so I'm waiting and notice I have a toonie and no loonies and the machine takes loonies only. So I attempt to ask the dude if he has change. Dude, doesn't respond and continues pumping up his tires. Fair enough, the pump is timed, so I just wait for him to finish. Dude finishes, turns to me and then starts making comments about how I drive a "60 thousand dollar car" and in a somewhat sarcastic, and almost angry sounding tone says "good for you!". LOL, wtf? I drive a 2011 135i that I bought used for 25K. It's not even an expensive car. Do people just assume that if you drive a BMW you're automatically an ******* and treat you accordingly?

Oh no...oh no.....violin, cheese ,classical music,and a 1 series.....cmon man....cmon....dating issues answered I think.....cmon Shelly, shelly cmon
on subject I have never had these type of issues with any of the cars I have

Last edited:
People do that?

yep. or use the Harrier badges. In Japan the first version of the Lexus RX was Harrier.
102061d1175530624-harrier-emblem-new-harrier-emblem.jpg

2011-toyota-harrier-toyota-harrier-2011-toyota-201-a8c0a6.jpg

yep. or use the Harrier badges. In Japan the first version of the Lexus RX was Harrier.

That is a sweet emblem, and they blew it on a single SUV?

How exactly did you ask?

"Hey dude that's a crap car, why'd ya even bother to wash it? Aren't you afraid you'll wash all the rust off and it'll disintegrate? Oh got some change, I need to fill up my brand new tires on my awesome car! Not like that garbage scow you drive. Hey man are ya listenin'? or ya got a problem?"

I figure if you can afford to maintain one of those old BMW's, you're richer than the guys with the new ones.

I thought the ******** were the one driving 7 series and up and merc s class and up. The other classes aren't 'luxury' imo

How exactly did you ask?

"Hey dude that's a crap car, why'd ya even bother to wash it? Aren't you afraid you'll wash all the rust off and it'll disintegrate? Oh got some change, I need to fill up my brand new tires on my awesome car! Not like that garbage scow you drive. Hey man are ya listenin'? or ya got a problem?"
Yeah, the conversation went something like that :D

Oh no...oh no.....violin, cheese ,classical music,and a 1 series.....cmon man....cmon....dating issues answered I think.....cmon Shelly, shelly cmon
on subject I have never had these type of issues with any of the cars I have

My coworker gives me crap for driving a "chick car" daily. I don't care though, I like it. lol

I have a couple of comments to make on this topic:

1) Tire pressure gauges at pumps are crap. Do yourself a favour and get a nice dial-type gauge, keep it in the glove compartment.
2) If I filled my tank at the station, I ask the attendant to turn on the machine right after I pay up. If I ever came across an attendant that wouldn't do it for me, I'd write a snailmail letter to the management telling them exactly how much I spent, how much I usually spend and that I am gonna start getting my gas elsewhere

I am not cheap as that's less than half a Canadian-legal magazine of .223rem, but bottom line is that the machine is a courtesy for paying customers. I can understand them charging someone who just pulled in to top up the tires, but if I got a full tank of gas there, I refuse to pay out of general principle. With that being said, I've always asked nicely and I have yet to come across an attendant who'd say no to me under those circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom